1/6th Scale IG-88 Figure LINK IN 1ST POST!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What can we do about it? Will SSC accept that I just don't like it and allow for a return?

Yes. Tell them in no uncertain terms that the quality of the product did not live up to what was advertised in both the prototype and recently released production photos. That it was not worth your purchase and you feel very let down. Refuse to pay return shipping, because it's on them to deliver a quality product which they did not. Especially for what they are charging.

Then get yourself a V1 if you like IG-88. And hope for the best for Bossk and the rest. I'm still willing to give them a chance because I think 4-LOM is a solid figure.

I received my V2 IG-88 today, but haven't had time to check it out yet. I've been reading everyone's feedback, and while I never owned V1 I did a little research and discovered a big difference visually between the two that I'm sure you are all aware of. V1 comes with a holster for the stormtrooper blaster and the vibro axe, but V2 has neither... Which version is the more accurate when it comes to this detail???

If you're talking about accuracy in terms of the films, we only see IG-88 in Empire from the front, so we really only see the bandolier.

The accessories like the vibro axe and holster are based on other sources. The Hasbro Vintage Collection IG-88 figure has the same holster and axe.

But the holster itself is magnetic so you had the option of leaving it off for V1. I personally think it - with the exclusive version axe - adds a lot to the character, even if it's not entirely movie accurate.

Better to have more accessories and options for the same money (or less money in the case of V1 vs V2) than not.

I'm kind of getting annoyed at mine as well. Saw how the hoses aren't installed correctly and the elbow bend piece separates when bent. That and the **** paint apps are pushing me over the edge. I had limited my collecting to just the bounty hunters and select others, but now I feel screwed

I'm kind of getting annoyed at mine as well. Saw how the hoses aren't installed correctly and the elbow bend piece separates when bent. That and the **** paint apps are pushing me over the edge. I had limited my collecting to just the bounty hunters and select others, but now I feel screwed

Completely understand. I'm being very active in this thread because I was really looking forward to IG-88 and having the entire bounty hunter lineup. Even with limited screen time, the bounty hunter action figures were some of my favorites growing up.

The poor quality of this figure is really inexcusable, especially if they're marketing the entire set of bounty hunters together. It's honestly baffling.

I really do encourage everyone to return it and seek out the V1 if they still plan on completing the lineup. The more people return this one, the better. They need to know we know a bad figure when we get one.

Even though I paid a bit more than V2, it was worth it.

With all these returns I guess we can count on a v3 IG-88 offered from Sideshow. :lol

Or this piece will become the Holiday stocking stuffer 'freebie' that Sideshow mails out to everyone but me.

I returned mine. Just not worth the money for a halfassed re-release. I'm done with sideshow, poor quality & high price don't go together too well. Waiting for the inevitable delay to cancel Bossk to get the NRD back.

I returned mine. Just not worth the money for a halfassed re-release. I'm done with sideshow, poor quality & high price don't go together too well. Waiting for the inevitable delay to cancel Bossk to get the NRD back.

Already been delayed so technically you can probably cancel now.

Just submitted my return too. I know a lot of people mentioned the weathering being an issue, but when I removed mine from the brown mailer the one thing that I noticed right off the bat was that the head seems to be a different shade of grey that the rest of the figure. It's so noticeable that I didn't even remove it for it's packaging. Going to try and find a V1. I'm just hoping that the last 3 bounty hunters don't suffer from these problems. In my opinion 4-LOM was fine, so maybe we'll get lucky.

Don't you lose shipping then? What's cheaper -- shipping or NRD?

EDIT: nevermind, I misread delay as delivery I think.

Yeah, the shipping was free for Bossk & IG88 anyways, which actually pushed me to PO those guys before they pulled that promotion like they did for 4-Lom. Otherwise i don't like to PO for reasons like this IG88.

If they take it back, do you lose out any reward points used for it?

Their TOS basically says once rewards are used, they're gone for good. But I would still bring it up and complain. I've heard on the rarest of rare occasions they can make a one time exception, but I wouldn't count on it.

Just submitted my return too. I know a lot of people mentioned the weathering being an issue, but when I removed mine from the brown mailer the one thing that I noticed right off the bat was that the head seems to be a different shade of grey that the rest of the figure. It's so noticeable that I didn't even remove it for it's packaging. Going to try and find a V1. I'm just hoping that the last 3 bounty hunters don't suffer from these problems. In my opinion 4-LOM was fine, so maybe we'll get lucky.

Yes this is actually how their production run promo pictures are. Kind of set the tone for this whole debacle several pages back.

It was far worse in person and it's good people aren't keeping a bad figure.

I'm still keeping my other bounty hunter orders and hoping Bossk isn't a **** show like this.

With all these returns I guess we can count on a v3 IG-88 offered from Sideshow. :lol

Or this piece will become the Holiday stocking stuffer 'freebie' that Sideshow mails out to everyone but me.

I'd rather get coal. At least you can barbecue with it. haha

I did get a free Hot Toys PotC Angelia and SSC Commander Bly which I really greatly appreciated.

I wandered into this thread just to see some cool pictures and check whether I liked this enough to get it... No, and No. Such a shame about the QC.

One day HT will make one that's die-cast.

Back