1/6th Scale Classic Series Doctor Who TARDIS

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

morethanatimelord

Super Freak
Reaction score
I decided to build a 1/6th scale classic TARDIS to go with the Big Chief Studios 4th Doctor figure. No foam core here! this is a good solid construction from heavy weight plastics! :)

Everything was pretty much made from scratch including the corner posts, the only print outs here are the signs. The lamp also works and flashes on and off slowly, opening doors, frosted detailed windows the works really.

I've finished adding all the lumpy texture which the original prop had, the original prop wasn't as perfect looking as the new series box ;)

Humble beginnings by Morethanatimelord, on Flickr

And where I am now, just need to add a few filth washes and highlights to bring out all the details :)

TARDIS texture Update by Morethanatimelord, on Flickr

Well just the same way you would build it out of wood I guess, measured and cut the parts :) I wanted to steer clear of ply/balsawood for this build as the classic series TARDIS didn't have any wood grain.

And here is the finished model, well apart from some black card inside which I will add later

Finished TARDIS 6 by Morethanatimelord, on Flickr

Finished TARDIS 5 by Morethanatimelord, on Flickr

Finished TARDIS 4 by Morethanatimelord, on Flickr

Finished TARDIS 3 by Morethanatimelord, on Flickr

Back