1/6th republic commandos wip

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Look awesome, put me on the list for a set of these.....love it!:banana

If you decide to offer these, I'm definitely interested as well! :rock:rock:rock

helmet looks great and the armor is going to look great as well. he's definately not using mcdonalds cups i'll tell you that much.
these are going to be so fun to paint i cant wait!

:lol:rotfl:lol:rotfl:lol Sometimes it's best just to bite the tongue unless you enjoy the taste of your own toenails. :huh

Im not making a list yet.its gonna be awhile before I sell any.first I have to complete this guy and then a final set of molds will be made to make all four commando setups.and then I will make my eight commandos for me first and then I will be ready to make some kits up.once that happens I will not have anytime for my stuff.what time I have will be to complete orders.I dont know how many sets I will make at this point.just depends on how much steam I have left when I get mine done.I will keep everyone informed as to what my plans are.

got a few new pics.not awhole lot of progress.
familychristmassnow192.jpg

familychristmassnow193.jpg

familychristmassnow194.jpg

familychristmassnow195.jpg

So I honestly want to know a little more about the process and materials you are using to produce the armor; are you using epoxy resin/putty, sculpey (or other PVC based) clay, or what?

Looks good BTW... except the blaster is too big and head is too small.... here's a pic of the game model posed similarly to one of your pics:

commando1.jpg

EDIT: and in case you didn't already have one, here's a good ref pic for the backpack details (the area around the pack is darkened so you can clearly see the outline of the backpack itself)

commandopack.jpg

Last edited:
So I honestly want to know a little more about the process and materials you are using to produce the armor; are you using epoxy resin/putty, sculpey (or other PVC based) clay, or what?

Looks good BTW... except the blaster is too big and head is too small.... here's a pic of the game model posed similarly to one of your pics:

commando1.jpg

EDIT: and in case you didn't already have one, here's a good ref pic for the backpack details (the area around the pack is darkened so you can clearly see the outline of the backpack itself)

commandopack.jpg

hey if possible can you make a clean picture of the read out by itself? if so then I could print it on a transfer and put it on the pack.

hey if possible can you make a clean picture of the read out by itself? if so then I could print it on a transfer and put it on the pack.

sorry, that's as clean as it gets. If you want it "cleaner", I would have to entirely reproduce it from scratch (not saying I couldn't!). But if you'd like I can have just the readout by itself as-is... here goes

38backpack.png

you can just copy and paste that and resize it (in paint or MS word or something) and print it out... try to estimate the width of the readout panel on your back pack and go from there... if you really wanted me to, if you sent me the width of your pack I could calculate the exact dimensions of the readout (and also the exact location of it on the pack)... but otherwise you can just eyeball it... :D

sorry, that's as clean as it gets. If you want it "cleaner", I would have to entirely reproduce it from scratch (not saying I couldn't!). But if you'd like I can have just the readout by itself as-is... here goes

38backpack.png

you can just copy and paste that and resize it (in paint or MS word or something) and print it out... try to estimate the width of the readout panel on your back pack and go from there... if you really wanted me to, if you sent me the width of your pack I could calculate the exact dimensions of the readout (and also the exact location of it on the pack)... but otherwise you can just eyeball it... :D

cool! that right there will work just fine.
thanks

LOL, yep that sounds like what happens with textures in games nowadays when they make them for consoles first, you get blurry crap up close.:banghead

it's closer than you'd supposedly be able to get in-game... so why have higher res than you need? I used the Unreal Editor to look at the basic Commando model, and in this "preview mode" the camera is pretty much entirely free to move just about anywhere around the animated model...

I was bored so i thought i'd clean this up and add more detail for ya. If its too clean i can mess it up again.
(edit) I thought i'd make a few in smaller sizes as well.

38backpack.png
1backpackcopy.png
9backpackcopycopy.png
2backpackcopy.png
7backpackcopycopy.png
3backpackcopy.png
8backpackcopycopy.png
4backpackcopy.png

Review_BossMiniBust04.jpg
Review_BossMiniBust03.jpg

Last edited:
awesome crimsonbob! hey do some more with different numbers.I have one on my pck already,but I really like how crisp those are.

Chuffin eck mike, its so good

are you basically using the mini bust to take parts and cast from?

So good.

mark

Back