1/6th republic commandos wip

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ive always thought modding one of these would be a good use of Hasbro clones since their supplied heads were not right and they were a bit bulky.

Helmet is all wrong... I told you I could get you some good ref pics, but noooo you went without em and now the jaw is too pointy....

Well actually it still is better than the GG busts I think, looks pretty good so far...

I wanted to do 1/6 commandos, don't have the time really...

What are you using to sculpt everything?

... and oh yeah it seems my RC thread has died somewhat, you should post some pics of this guy in it! Maybe different ones than what you show here... IDK, just seems like it belongs in the "All Things Republic Commando" thread for some reason... :rolleyes:

helmet looks great and the armor is going to look great as well. he's definately not using mcdonalds cups i'll tell you that much.
these are going to be so fun to paint i cant wait!

If the list is not yet too long...put me down for a set of the armor when it comes available for sale.

And bobamike, that picture shows the right arm armor...not the left.

Edit - :D

well guys its time for a few quick update pics.
familychristmassnow187.jpg

familychristmassnow188.jpg

familychristmassnow189.jpg

familychristmassnow190.jpg

familychristmassnow191.jpg

progress has been slow,but I am getting there.

I cant wait to finish him! sometimes having a family and other responsibilites suxs! I so want to work on him nonstop till he is done and then start the other 3 and after that the omega squad! I will have bosses back pack done tonight or tomorrow.hopefully some new pics over the weekend.that is if my wife stays off my back and lets me have some me time.

Wow, that is coming along great. I would definitly be down for a set if you decide to sell. Work like this makes me wish I would have paid better attention in shop class.

darn you...

:monkey2

if only I knew your secrets, then I could make my own armor!

Cuz I know I have too many other 1/6 things to buy to afford a set of armor when you're done...

this kinda puts things in perspective... I've finally realized I'm not bad at customizing, I'm just not much of a customizer at all! The guy in my new sig is just about the only real custom figure I've ever done, and he's made pretty much from garbage and spraypaint, except for the pre-made parts (which don't count as custom really)

but if I can pull off my next project... if it works it should end up being as cool or even cooler than a commando...

RAMBLINGS END HERE :D

Very impressive Bobamike... this is one hell of an undertaking, and you are doing an amazing job :rock

Can't wait to see one of these painted up :rock

Back