1/6 Wampa- WIP (Wampa in Progress)- First 3 Done & Weathered Pics!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Interest: 1/6 Wampa Project- Head, Hands & Feet Updates!

It's the Coo Models body; they use it for some of their own figures, but also sell it separately.

Yeah, it was a lucky thing they ventured into 1/4; if not for that it would have been either paying ridiculous prices for parted out Enterbay (or similar bodies) or trying to get the DST ones to work. I did buy a DST 1/4 figure with the hopes it would work, but it was not a good option at all; terrible design and pretty floppy.

These are pretty similar to the quality of a 1/6 HT body.

Yeah, it was a lucky thing they ventured into 1/4; if not for that it would have been either paying ridiculous prices for parted out Enterbay (or similar bodies) or trying to get the DST ones to work. I did buy a DST 1/4 figure with the hopes it would work, but it was not a good option at all; terrible design and pretty floppy.

These are pretty similar to the quality of a 1/6 HT body.
Never seen the pictures here before
bbb49ee9071c59fb1f92ae566b805ad3.jpg
0c5b5d27ee9d1259351bd48e64c834b3.jpg
d2b09fb1bf20876b807067198259c27a.jpg
a350c8b5d28a973673e3551749ac2704.jpg
b3e53a283922e2f8940d0a21b52a8a7a.jpg
4d9d839bc5108152b4a94c08504b0781.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

The first and 3rd images are the one we're going for here... the 2nd and 4th are from the Special Edition and the last two I believe was a piece made for photo ops; at least I saw something similar at Celebration in Orlando.

While this is shaping up nicely, I still prefer the SE Wampa. The reason being not the underlying shape but the hair on the original. It literally looks like the thing was made 20 years prior and was sitting in the bottom of a box for all that time. If you ever owned a stuffed toy when you were a kid you know what I'm talking about. The synthetic hair gets all tangled and messed up making it look horrible. That's what the original looks like to me. Its unnatural. I can't think of a single creature in the animal kingdom that does not groom itself either for looks or function. If you question me, ask yourself this. What was the first thing I did when I unboxed my Chewbacca figure?

Mic drop!

I saw a Maury on this once. It was entitled "Wookie dolls and the men who groom them". Fascinating show.

While this is shaping up nicely, I still prefer the SE Wampa. The reason being not the underlying shape but the hair on the original. It literally looks like the thing was made 20 years prior and was sitting in the bottom of a box for all that time. If you ever owned a stuffed toy when you were a kid you know what I'm talking about. The synthetic hair gets all tangled and messed up making it look horrible. That's what the original looks like to me. Its unnatural. I can't think of a single creature in the animal kingdom that does not groom itself either for looks or function. If you question me, ask yourself this. What was the first thing I did when I unboxed my Chewbacca figure?

Mic drop!

I see you are posting, and I assume there is a point... but it just comes out as a bunch of gibberish :huh

Mic drop!
I think it is going to be great but if you are on the list to buy one and don't want it i will be happy too [emoji14]

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

The original Wampa looks more fierce and more beast-like. Matted hair, some of the hair frozen together from the vapors from his breath, probably some snot in there too. Plus he's not on the most hospitable of planets anyway. And to the point of grooming in the animal kingdom, I reference cows. Unless you count sticking their tongues up their noses as grooming. I can't really compare a character like a Wampa to a character like Chewie. Two different beasts. Literally.

I have a very strong bias to just about anything from the Special Editions... but what I don't like about that version of the Wampa is the proportions; it looks like a guy in a suit where as the other style is more simian and has a more aggressive build. As Special Edition parts go it's not the worst; but I just wish they'd stuck more with the original proportions and even attempted to match the Tippet puppet rather than make another variation.

I can't stand the Special Edition Jabba (the one also seen in ROTJ as a puppet) - I prefer the human one originally cut from the first movie. How could a slug ever be at the top of a criminal organization? True story.

Re: Interest: 1/6 Wampa Project (Full figure or Kit) First Update

Caine lengthened the claws on the hands and shortened the length of the foot... he also sent along a few pictures of them on the body.

I think after seeing the images with the hands I may shorten the forearms a bit; I think they may hang a bit low. But I'm open to feedback on that.

4a40870d-f05b-4f17-9ab5-fca6ecab2133_zpsthhtz4jj.jpg

D1019984-4313-4321-9DBE-90E7AD9131B2_zpsoglwaubd.jpg

18b1e757-4e64-4983-be0b-0497c3838e6a_zpsq6gkx4mx.jpg

f65e1bbc-f649-482f-ac33-39ee45db6318_zpsxr1gfasd.jpg

Re: Interest: 1/6 Wampa Project- Update: Full Body Pictures

Man, looks nice. Yeah I'd agree with shortening the forearms just a bit. Throws the proportions off a bit with the arms are bent like in the last shot. Great work so far all around.

Yep, I think if the forearms are a bit shorter it will balance him back out. Also it depends were you bend the elbows at; if you bend at the very top joint the biceps looks incredibly short.

The forearms should be longer (kind of like a great ape) but with the extra length of the hands it's a bit much.

I think you're on the right track with the forearms. Hanging to the side it's not as noticeable but in that bent position they appear a bit long.

On a whole that's really looking awesome. :rock

Back