1/6 Wampa- WIP (Wampa in Progress)- First 3 Done & Weathered Pics!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Interest: 1/6 Wampa Project- Head Sculpt WIP!

SE version... boo :lol

Palette cleanser...

wampa1-puppet.jpg

Last edited:

I prefer the SE version. Looks way better than the original.

That sculpt is awesome, looking forward to seeing some completed. I still wish they could have pulled off the cattywampus attack on hoth in ESB. But from the cut scenes and stills ive seen of that attempt I guess they had not figured out how to make it "real" enough looking. :(

Yeah, I think they wisely abandoned that plan. It would have been cool, but seems like they were just too far of the mark with what they had. I believe the Wampa puppet this figure is based off of was made way later than the rest of them. All of the full sized ones are pretty funky looking by comparison :lol

I got back all of the bodies from Cocoboloboy; so they are all chopped up and ready to be reassembled.

The head, hands and feet are still in progress with Caine; so as soon as I get any updates I'll let you guys know.

Re: Interest: 1/6 Wampa Project (Full figure or Kit) First Update

Got in some new images from Caine:

Head with sculpted horns, ears and articulated mouth:
f02b7169-36d4-4a79-89e7-d534664a41f2_zpsypge4yn2.jpg
99e2e142-3066-45de-b4bd-42eaf8d3b147_zps6g2qxlzs.jpg

c623891d-843c-4399-acca-47ce89cc8eeb_zpsgsk9k4ka.jpg

Hands & Feet
2d4d25c8-ed0a-4356-985a-f7f8f6d03a7c_zpsmtv5phug.jpg
e25f0132-02d3-422a-8306-1c4df4712d6e_zpswsogtcx2.jpg

Re: Interest: 1/6 Wampa Project- Head, Hands & Feet Updates!

Wow! :clqp

Very nice

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

That looks great! I'm getting anxious to see one all furred and painted.

Looking good. Are you sure those feet are big enough to give this guy a stable stance? :rotfl Kidding.

Any chance to get the nails longer on the finished hands to better match the source costume images? I'd also love a more "grabbing" position of the fingers, but if this is the final shape, it's fine.

Here's a cool Wampa model made by a member from TheRPF (TheBreadSmasher):

https://breadsmasher.blogspot.ca/2012/09/star-wars-wampa-stopmotion.html
DSC03318.jpg

And a nice reference from the movie set:

https://theweek.com/captured/449177...tar-wars-photos-make-wish-1977-all-over-again
StarWars_10.jpg

Last edited:

Glad you guys are pleased :duff

That looks great! I'm getting anxious to see one all furred and painted.

You and me both :rock :rock

Looking good. Are you sure those feet are big enough to give this guy a stable stance? :rotfl Kidding.

Any chance to get the nails longer on the finished hands to better match the source costume images? I'd also love a more "grabbing" position of the fingers, but if this is the final shape, it's fine.

Totally agree on the claws... Caine will be making them a bit longer. I don't think the shape will be changed as these are good for a kind of a general pose.

And on the feet I asked that he shorten the length of them;I like the toes and the look he achieved, but I think the feet should be pretty stubby. with really just the toes poking out from the fur.

Agreed... let me get a tissue for you.

Galactiboy said I could post this pic so here it is. :D I get to cut down all the bodies for this project.

I feel a little dirty chopping up so much expensive plastic plus the fact that my nephew, who I work with, walked by while I had a naked, mutilated 1/4 scale doll sprawled out on my work bench and told me this was one of the more disturbing projects he's seen me do. :lol

View attachment 339584

EDIT: I definitely plan on making a display stand with EF decal for this mammajamma. :rock

I hate to admit I have been only partly paying attention to the thread but I gotta ask, what body did you use? Was the the 1/4 Rambo or Batman or one of those 1/4 Star Wars figures Diamond put out a few years ago? It looks amazing. Thank you for sharing.

Back