1/6 Wampa- WIP (Wampa in Progress)- First 3 Done & Weathered Pics!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Interest: 1/6 Wampa Project- Update: Full Body Pictures

Looking good, concur about the forearms needing to be shorter.

Any feedback on other aspects of the sculpts?

I think we're close to finalizing the sculpts.

Looking good j man:rock
Agreed with shortening the arms.

And my god those claws look lethal even at that scale.........:horror

Love watching this progress. The thing about the wampa is that there were/are so many versions of the damn thing that deciding the body proportions and parts of the anatomy come down to personal preference. The huge suit version of the wampa from the film had very long arms, with the hands easily reaching the knees, while the SE version actually had quite long legs and big clunky, frankenstein like feet. The puppet head has the best head design and I think most would agree. So it comes down to what you like best. I've also noticed that most merchandising related versions of the wampa have 3 toes, while the SE wampa has at least 4, with a smaller toe in towards the inner ankle.

long legs:
wampa2.jpg

4 toes:
creature_wampa.jpg

Last edited:

I came to similar conclusions... I like the longer armed version asthat was what the Wampa was originally intended to look like... and it reminds me of the vintage Kenner figure.

The feet are funny as I don't think the original full sized Wampa had any... kind of looks like the legs just end. I'm sure that saved a bit of time and money on the costumes :lol

I think the 3 toed (with larger claws) seems to be the most generally accepted look.

I think it's the same wampa in the last two photos you just can't see the full version of the foot in the 1st picture and the 2nd it is not standing up in the display case

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Yeah, they just didn't bother making feet on the original because they were never going to be seen on screen, Kenner either had to do what they did and just go with the stump feet or design their own.

The wampa in the two pics is the same, it's the Special Edition suit. It's the only version that had feet.

Re: Interest: 1/6 Wampa Project (Full figure or Kit) First Update

Unless there is any concerns I'm going to call these sculpts done. If there is any last minute feedback let me know and we can see what can be done, but I'm very happy with the sculpts.

I'll be sending PM's to the first 10 on the list tomorrow as well as anyone who just wanted a set of casts.

2c597261-dea0-4ec7-9bcd-f8d6f760317e_zpsdvdq0pim.jpg

c16cb3e8-d726-497a-a27f-ff038fd799f3_zpslhuvinno.jpg
8c7db749-4498-4756-aa82-8534f9cb9cf9_zps39baqblc.jpg

Re: Interest: 1/6 Wampa Project- Update: Final Sculpts!

Very nice man looks great

Am I going to be looked at funny if I say I think I preferred the longer feet? :)

This is why: (biology) Large creature on snow needs large feet to walk without sinking. (futzing/building/display) Once you shag up the fur near the feet, the shorter versions may get largely covered by the fur.

I'd also prefer the claws longer still, more like talons as shown in the reference photo of the arm from original ESB production.

StarWars_10.jpg

Last edited:

You might be looked at funny for the feet... I do agree with you that it makes more sense biologically, but you'd also think the Wampa would have the same amount of digits on his hands and feet :lol Aside from not how Wampa's generally look (stubby feet) it did look odd on the figure.

I think this image shows off the claws a bit better; they do seem longer when viewed from an angle.

0e7318fb-a559-4855-baf1-61d19b9d284d_zpsmnmuex0r.jpg

And here's an image of the foot on the leg...

3ba29712-9a2c-4540-b93e-315bfe509b8b_zpshavqxkj8.jpg

Will the feet be cast with the socket in place, or left with a hole to fill with our own socket?

Since Caine has already sculpted the larger feet, is there a chance I can get a cast of those? (without affecting the rest of the run for everyone else)

And do the heads come assembled like in the photo or in pieces for us to attach ears, horns, etc?

Those look great! You can really see the length on the claws in that shot.

Will the feet be cast with the socket in place, or left with a hole to fill with our own socket?

Since Caine has already sculpted the larger feet, is there a chance I can get a cast of those? (without affecting the rest of the run for everyone else)

And do the heads come assembled like in the photo or in pieces for us to attach ears, horns, etc?

Good questions; the long foot is no longer around. It was remade into the shorter one... sorry about that.

The foot will have a hole to place the Coo Model socket into... the feet can be pulled off of them if you let the feet sit in hot water. My intention was this to be as much a plug-and-play custom as possible. The head is also made to work with the included long neck joint.

And the head is cast in 6 parts; the 2 ears, 2 horns and head and jaw are all separate pieces. So you'd need to glue them together. Once I get the parts in I'll share info on how to build everything in case there is any confusion :duff

Those look great! You can really see the length on the claws in that shot.

Yeah, they're pretty wicked looking :rock

I've contacted the first 10 people on the full figure list as well as the people who wanted a set of casts.

If I don't hear back from any of the the first 10 people w/in a week I will move onto the next people on the waitlist.

Re: 1/6 Wampa Project- Update: Final Sculpts & Call for Payments!

Hopefully there will be a 2nd run for us who did not get one

I still haven't heard from about half of the first group... so I sent a reminder with a shorter window to at least respond if they are still in or not. By Saturday at 10pm (CST) I should know how many spots are still left for a full figure.

Might be some happy waitlisters come Saturday night.

I think so; already 2 have gotten bumped up... so I think it's likely we'll have more.

Back