1/6 VTS TOYS - Wasteland Ranger: The Road to Hell

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Marty mcfly came with spare jacket buttons, cant recall what color buttons they are

hozZa73.jpg

Got him today, slapped the AF jacket, shirt, and pants. Happy as can be.

I'm so hyped to put this together, hopefully Monkey Depot gets theirs soon. Yours is essentially my goal, @Hunterdnrc, and it looks great. Just using the stock body from the VTS?

Fortunatley, I just found a tactical rigger belt from my spare part loot and put it on Max. Though it's not black, it's fairy the same type Tom wore in the film so I'm good with it for now.
15086925_808118945997206_1906338527_n.jpg
Overall look of my Max WIP with simple shotgun holding pose:
15049952_808122602663507_1381883419_n.jpg

I can see your working on the shoulder pad. But I do think the AF one looked good on the jacket. But regardless I can't wait to see what you do.

Thanks for the info.

That VTS belt is better for Road Warrior Max (Gibson) as its a cop belt....if it only had the added Sam Browne style shoulder strap.

you can get Sam Browne belt on ebay. but they are made from pleather. the only reason i would get one, would be for the buckles because it's hard to find.

I actually got the bottons from the newline miniatures german boots the treds on the soles. I used a wire cutter to cut them into bottons. The shoulder pad isn't that expanded so if you got some bottons to add on the jacket, it's four on the front and five on the back. Sorry I actually don't know the measurement of the space they are from each other.

i mean the diameter of the bottons.

closest i can find are 3mm rivets. i have 6 smaller bottons that came from MG42 Tool kit bag.

and there's actually 6 at the back. there is one on the top corner.

That looks great. I might use the AF shoulder pad on the vts outfit.

if you plan to build Max on AF outfit why would you want to swap the pads?

also isn't AF pad sewn on to the jacket?

i know VTS pad looks abit too big from the picture.

also the AF color doesn't match VTS jacket so you need to dye & repaint.

That's the thing I can't swap outfits without the pants but I do like the pad of AF. Yeah I realized that after. It still isn't a big deal I can remove it and I am going to weather the vts outfit so colors won't matter.

bump!
please guys! helpppp
The pad supposedly just sits on the shoulder with no connections to the jacket. If you want to secure it, just use some fabric glue or spend some time sewing the pad onto the jacket. Else, you can just leave it there loosely.

They're nail art studs, and you can get them as small as 1mm:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Metallic...hash=item2a27ee50d9:m:mT6f8py6tqf5Cd-VCnm479g

Link is just an example, there are lots of listings so search for the cheapest option.

Here's a link to 100 pieces for 99p delivered, in 0.8mm or 1mm:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/100Pcs-0...hash=item2eee0a23a9:m:mN7tr5bU7vdxRnl2U-kI7zA

do you know for 1/6 which size suits best for collar & pad I assume the collar stud is bigger?

it's under nail section no wonder we can't find it.

I think buttons on collar are slightly bigger. So it should be 1mm on pad and 0.8mm on collar. Just my opinion though.

I think buttons on collar are slightly bigger. So it should be 1mm on pad and 0.8mm on collar. Just my opinion though.

is it me or are those ebay studs more like 3/4 balls because they seems to poke out more compared to those we see on 1/6 clothings.

is it me or are those ebay studs more like 3/4 balls because they seems to poke out more compared to those we see on 1/6 clothings.

They come in all shapes, some photos are easier to see what's for sale. But you should be able to find an exact match because they're what Hot Toys etc use on their figures.

And...my figures are finally out for delivery today. They'll be here two weeks short of a year since ordering.

Though I have two outstanding orders that are older: VTS Anderson from 6th November 2015, and Brother Production Max from 20th November 2015.

They come in all shapes, some photos are easier to see what's for sale. But you should be able to find an exact match because they're what Hot Toys etc use on their figures.

And...my figures are finally out for delivery today. They'll be here two weeks short of a year since ordering.

Though I have two outstanding orders that are older: VTS Anderson from 6th November 2015, and Brother Production Max from 20th November 2015.

cheapest i can find + free postage, but is it the correct shape as i really can't tell.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/100Pcs-0-8...hash=item464d27951a:m:mLJ_HldurKyn7hRGMhaXRtw

btw what's the best way installing them onto clothes? it's so small so what kind of tools & glue do we use?

No, you're not. I have the same feeling about those nail studs too. That's why I'm not going to buy those studs but instead getting the studs from ACE pouches with weathering effects. It's up to you though. You could get 1000 nail studs for $1.5 whereas ACE pouches cost $1 each but the end results would be more satisfying.
ACE pouch:
ACL0331-2.jpg

No, you're not. I have the same feeling about those nail studs too. That's why I'm not going to buy those studs but instead getting the studs from ACE pouches with weathering effects. It's up to you though. You could get 1000 nail studs for $1.5 whereas ACE pouches cost $1 each but the end results would be more satisfying.
ACE pouch:
View attachment 304663

but the ace pouch "button" looks roundish too, i have a figure wearing few buttons infront of me and all the buttons look pretty flat. those nail studs, from the on nail pic some looks pretty flat but some looks pretty round...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back