1/6 VTS TOYS - Wasteland Ranger: The Road to Hell

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
22825035408_8c0c0f28ed_o.jpg

You can see the differences between these two - one was hardly weathered at all. Inverted one leg brace but didn't do the other because they just aren't designed or shaped to be put the correct way up.

Apart from the leg brace and head sculpt the Art is the far better Fury Road figure. The VTS is Hardy from another as yet unmade film.

Ok, THAT ^^^ makes me slightly worried--that some of the figures basically have zero weathering on the clothes.

I personally enjoy seeing these versions of Max that are being pieced together from the different figures, though I'm still planning on keeping my VTS and AF versions separate...for now. *cue ominous Young Frankenstein music*

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You can see the differences between these two - one was hardly weathered at all. Inverted one leg brace but didn't do the other because they just aren't designed or shaped to be put the correct way up.

Apart from the leg brace and head sculpt the Art is the far better Fury Road figure. The VTS is Hardy from another as yet unmade film.

Just got mine. I agree with you on the most part. But I would have a hard time choosing between the two releases. It almost seems like they split the good parts in two and had half each, lol.
I already have two sets of the AF and now this VTS, but I'm already using one AF for my 'intro Max' and another jacket for Nux, so the VTS will stay more or less as is - not getting another AF set. I'm going to exchange a few things though. I know that the AF leg brace isn't screen accurate, but I have an extra and still think it looks better than the flimsy upside down VTS version - so I'm planning on switching that. I'm using the AF shotgun as well and maybe a few other things.... I have a custom shirt and a wristband also. I'll post a picture when I have it all set up.

Ok, THAT ^^^ makes me slightly worried--that some of the figures basically have zero weathering on the clothes.

Yes, it is a little weird that this set of leathers barely got any weathering at all.

If I'd lined them up in the other direction they'd be the three stages of Max.

Just got mine. I agree with you on the most part. But I would have a hard time choosing between the two releases. It almost seems like they split the good parts in two and had half each, lol.

I think AF jacket, trousers, shirt and weapons, and VTS sculpt, vest and leg brace (even though it is inverted).

In fact, I think I may do that using the unweathered one (apart from the sculpt).

Really interesting compare here.

So what parts do you think are the "keepers" from the VTS figure? Still looks like the VTS tac vest is superior, though desperately needs some weathering. Oh, and which is the better leg holster in your opinion?

Am I better off just getting the full AF figure?

Really interesting compare here.

So what parts do you think are the "keepers" from the VTS figure? Still looks like the VTS tac vest is superior, though desperately needs some weathering. Oh, and which is the better leg holster in your opinion?

Am I better off just getting the full AF figure?

The Condor holsters are pretty similar, but the AF is probably a better colour because it's green.

As for the best, I just made the changes I noted in the previous post:

30916800521_ef3f946d6e_o.jpg

The AF has the VTS vest and leg brace, and retained the AF knife as it's a better fit for that vest.

The unweathered VTS has the AF vest and leg brace, and retained the VTS knife because it actually does fit.

The VTS on the end is all VTS.

I prefer the tall boots, but they only work well with the AF trousers.

The VTS sculpts are a bit of a revelation, because they look so much better than they've generally done in photos.

i like to think of VTS max is wht he looked like awhile before we see the start of fury road, as seen in the prequel comic. and yes i know that some of gear on fig is after bullet farmer swipe. but still not hard to imagine VTS is just earlier before them leathers were dust covered to the extreme point of AF look. anyone else?

oooooooo is that bearded sculpt on far left inspired by video game appearance?

So now that you literally have them all -- which do you think best represents Max from Fury Road...?

The AF, once it has a Tom Hardy head.

I don't know what to make of the VTS. I mean, it's virtually what they advertised and what we expected to receive, but it just doesn't say Fury Road to me.

Think it was the sculpt compared to the AF that initially won me over, and that the shiny leather reflected the Mel Gibson Max. So I can really only think of the VTS as a hybrid or transitional Mel to Tom Max.

I asked someone in the AF Mad Racer thread and he said the piston is all molded. And yes, a good hybrid could be made using the piston of the AF brace and the frame of the VTS brace, or just scratch-building the frame for the AF one. The question is: are willing to spend a fair amount of time on making it?

I asked someone in the AF Mad Racer thread and he said the piston is all molded. And yes, a good hybrid could be made using the piston of the AF brace and the frame of the VTS brace, or just scratch-building the frame for the AF one. The question is: are willing to spend a fair amount of time on making it?

No, not really. I'll likely just the VTS brace as it is (upside-down and all)... unless it can be flipped and the straps arranged correctly. Doesn't look like it though from what I've investigated without some major work.

I think the AF "leathers" swap is about all I'm gonna do to the VTS figure. And some serious weathering on the vest pouches.

In my opinion, VTS outdid themselves on the vest. The weathering on pouches was applied well enough to capture the realisticity seen on screen. The weathering on the AF vest, however, is just too heavy that it makes the vest overall seem too dark and muted. I leave the VTS vest on my Max unweathered as I'm more than satisfied with the look of it.

I have the AF jacket but dont like it. I am going to weather the VTS one as much as I can, give him the AF shotgun and Mr E's boots. Just got tracking number for shipping from Hong Kong

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back