1/6 VTS TOYS - Wasteland Ranger: The Road to Hell

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are those underarmour shoes?

Just got my VTS and finished putting it together. Thought you lot would appreciate a few quick photos. Very nice in hand I must say.
fd5d64e6ba03be974574627dabc5667f.jpg
b3eb723d017d51e773cfa15b1e33056e.jpg
c6676c9815516cda6e2ca3a45275f13e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can't decide which clothing set I like better.
The ART one is more Fury Road but the VTS one is more iconic classic Max.
Don't regret picking up the ART jacket and pants while they were still pretty cheap.

Deathstroke87 to weather it, use acrylic paint with a soft brush, colors to use is beige, khaki, brown. Mix the first two colors and use the brush. What you want to do is dry brush so brush the paint off on a paper towel. Wait like a minute and then apply to the boots (use fast movement) you can remove any wet paint by cleaning it with your finger.

Is it difficult to put on the vest? It's because I never but on vest or a jacket on a figure before. WR is going to be my second figure.

Is it difficult to put on the vest? It's because I never but on vest or a jacket on a figure before. WR is going to be my second figure.

Always a bit of a pain in the arse to do anything with pieces so small.

it's not too bad if you've done it before.

what's a real pain in the ass? Getting those tiny batteries in the Ultron figures... holy ****.

it's not too bad if you've done it before.

what's a real pain in the ass? Getting those tiny batteries in the Ultron figures... holy ****.
Thanks for the reply. Sorry, I meant to ask how do I do it. I was kind of worried I might tear something when i try. Maybe not tear but.....idk just kind of worried

the shotgun in the film does not have hammers. The shotgun from BT had hammers so you should be good with the AF version.
The jacket and pants are Art figures. I'll be using mostly VTS parts on this apart from the Art figures knife and shotgun. The shotgun isn't totally accurate, it doesn't have the two old fashioned hammers like the one used in the movie but it has the same "look" . The shirt is from a Sideshow Gandalf figure believe it or not. It has the correct colour and waffle weave :D.

Watch everyone start looking for this shirt now ! :lol

easy way is have the arms facing up so there is minimal stretch needed to put on the vest.

View attachment 303750

With Art figures jacket and VTS vest.

since you already have both sets. can you clarify the following:

1.which vest is better? (i kinda prefer VTS darker brown over AF light brown)

2.which bullets/accessories on the vest is better? (AF shotgun bullets are red/gold not sure what was in the movie)

3.do both AF & VTS Sniper scope have glass on the rear end only?

4.which scarf is better?

5.Can AF pistol magazine be removed from gun?

6.Which belt+pistol holster is better?

Okay, I'll try that. Thanks :) So is your figure arriving soon?

don't think so. my usual shop is usually late with the stocks but i get Star points for buying from them. but good service though.

but my AF is already dissembled awaiting VTS's arrival.

but since you're working on VTS watch out not to stress the leather jacket when moving the arms up.

but i suggest you decide whether to go ahead with costume swap before putting the vest on. you don't wanna put on/put off too many times.

I've some clue how to go forward with the AF/VTS Max:

1.ZC Muscle body + Brothers Production Head
2.VTS body + VTS sculpt

Which set goes on which depends whether VTS & Brothers Sculpt is better.

Set 1 (Fury Road ver.):
AF Jacket + Pants
Custom shirt
VTS vest
VTS belt + holster
VTS wrist band
VTS leg brace
VTS shoes
No Scarf

Set 2 (Classic Max ver.):
VTS Jacket + Pants
AF Yellow Shirt
No Vest
No Scarf
No Brace or AF Brace
AF belt + Holster (unless there's a Shotgun leg Holster available)
AF Boots (but problem is slipping the pleather pants into the boots risk damaging it...).

Not sure how they would end up looking like though.

The hands another thing to think about. VTS seems like he has a set of left bandaged hand while AF only has a flexible bandaged hand, however AF hands look painted, not sure about VTS. i'm not a nurse so i might have difficulties bandaging AF left hands and adding expired ketchups on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back