1/6 SSC ESB/ROTJ Darth Vader Modification Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did you do the helmet re-positioning mod? Because the space between the dome edge and shoulders looks too spacious. Do you have any photos showing the arms out-stretched and the legs uncovered by the tunic so we can see how the suit fits the body better? And lastly do you have another figure such as DX07 or a Sideshow trooper to put next to him for scale comparison?

:lol I pretty much asked all the same questions in the other thread. So yeah, I second all that is asked here.

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

here are my mods so far

He is on a new TT muscle body.. I dont understand TT number lingo.. the new arnold one.. with shortened neck and legs lengthened by an additional joint from a normal TT foot. I think it balences out his weight much better, fills the suit nicely and also shortens him a tad which is great for scale

and of course, an lforigno cape and tunic set.

cn9i.jpg

7l6a.jpg

s9j9.jpg

Hey chili pep, what do you mean by additional joint from a normal TT foot? Which part exactly? The longer foot peg?

ill get some more photos up tonight boys! I didnt touch the helmet at all yet but i still may attempt that.

the foot peg im talking about is just the inne joint in the foot that comes out if you crack the foot, it extends the leg about 1/4 of an inch

Got mine.

1) No missing tusks.

2) No fraying on robe or cape

but...

3) The electrical wire behind his belt buckle keeps popping out to have a look at the world.

Any tips for keeping the wire where it belongs?

here are some more shots. Im weary of doing the dome mod cause I like where it sits when it comes to his eyes, its just not long enough. i shortened the neck again a bit to make up for that.

lgy3.jpg

w5jb.jpg

ie2f.jpg

Attachments

• lgy3.jpg
    lgy3.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 900
I like where it sits when it comes to his eyes, its just not long enough. i shortened the neck again a bit to make up for that.

How much lower do you think you've been able to get his head by neck modding alone?

I'm really eager to not have to swap bodies on this guy, but I know the stock height will bother me, so I'm looking for some clean mods like yours to apply. Maybe a combination of helmet, neck and ankle plus beefing up the forearms will be enough. Fingers crossed - I'm running out of fingers.

here are my mods so far

He is on a new TT muscle body.. I dont understand TT number lingo.. the new arnold one.. with shortened neck and legs lengthened by an additional joint from a normal TT foot. I think it balences out his weight much better, fills the suit nicely and also shortens him a tad which is great for scale

and of course, an lforigno cape and tunic set.
Might have to do this. Fills out the suit nicely, especially the arms.

You used the DX13 body?

I would think the regular muscle body used for the DX10.

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk
He said the new arnold so I'm guessing it's the DX13? I have a spare DX13 body so I'll have to try this out if so.

chilipep66 can you elaborate on what you did to the foot peg to extend it by 1/4 of an inch?

PD1355212830nUr.jpg

this is the body i used fellas

heres how the neck ended up looking, and a shot to see how the body fills in the suit

5k1u.JPG

as far as the feet, the way I extended the leg length was by taking the inner joint of a truetype foot (where the ball joint usually fits) cracking the foot open and removing that joint, then glueing it to the bottom of the truetype leg, lengthening it by around 1/2 inch or so. Then i used the longer HT ankle adaptors, the ones that come stock with this body. Without it, I found vader to look a little bit stumpy.

TTM20 fills out the suit very nicely. Damn, I can't sink another $60-80 into this Vader.

I extended the leg length was by taking the inner joint of a truetype foot (where the ball joint usually fits) cracking the foot open and removing that joint, then glueing it to the bottom of the truetype leg,

Ingenious! Basically just another ball socket.

You didn't by any chance get a picture of the original body right next to the TTM20 before any clothing did you?

i tried a KP body on this, undressed my ANH vader and used it actually, I prefer the HT body. it fills out the suit better and overall proportions are improved

Ok, so question for those just swapping out bodies? Is there a problem just putting some gorilla tape to the existing SSC Vader body? to my eyes, the only issue are the arms and crotch area?

vader should have a bigger crotch, er...ya know what I'm sayn'?!?!?!

Back