1/6 SSC ESB/ROTJ Darth Vader Modification Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Somebody was asking about the regular Prometheus vs. Malgus. I bought a Malgus hoping it might work for the Star Wars Vader and it won’t – not without a lot of extra work. Anyone need a Malgus? :huh

Here’s the regular Pro and Malgus.

DSC00033.jpg

And here’s the Star Wars Vader and Malgus.

DSC00034.jpg

Yeah, the ANH body is comical. Look at the thing. :lol

Id like to switch my Vader to another body but all the ones I've seen don't fully satisfy. The HT muscle body looked alright hut the one pic I saw was in a dimly lit room and I couldn't get a good handle on how it looked. If anyone is using that body and can take some clear pics, and maybe standing next to another figure, I'd be grateful. :)

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Correct. I just used it for an idea of a SS large body size next to Malgus. I still can't get used to the ANH name - I still call it Star Wars.:lol

Vader with the helm moved up at the front and down at the back also shoulder armour moved in 5mm a side

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 783
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 785
Unfortunately the neck still looks way too long, just like with the stock setup. Probably the biggest issue that bugs me with this figure besides the overall height.

Agree with the neck issue, I think on my Anh version I padded under the armor to help it sit higher

Yup, pushing the shoulder armor up a bit looks like it might help cover up some of that space, but I still think there's too much distance from the bottom of the neck armor to the bottom of the dome - a number of proportions were a "miss" on this guy, enough where I think it can't ever be made to look perfect, but can be made to look pretty good - at least better than stock.

Can anyone post a pic of the HT Man of Steel Superman standing next to this Vader?
The more I look at the proportions of the "out of the box" Vader, the more I think it's better to leave it on the stock body - mainly because the size of the boots / shins / armor etc have all been scaled by SS to look proportionate to the height. As soon as the height is reduced - things start looking oversized.

Sure, we all know the stock body is too tall to match the "actual" height that David Prowse was when he was wearing the costume BUT - the proportions of everything relative to the height look correct. I just purchased a TTM20 body but now I'm thinking the body swap is not required. :gah:

I am curious to see how the Man of Steel body compares to the TTM20 and ROTJ Vader body though.

Last edited:
Can anyone post a pic of the HT Man of Steel Superman standing next to this Vader?
The more I look at the proportions of the "out of the box" Vader, the more I think it's better to leave it on the stock body - mainly because the size of the boots / shins / armor etc have all been scaled by SS to look proportionate to the height. As soon as the height is reduced - things start looking oversized.

Sure, we all know the stock body is too tall to match the "actual" height that David Prowse was when he was wearing the costume BUT - the proportions of everything relative to the height look correct. I just purchased a TTM20 body but now I'm thinking the body swap is not required. :gah:

I am curious to see how the Man of Steel body compares to the TTM20 and ROTJ Vader body though.

I used the stock vader body. I then used some tissue and masking tap and taped them to his arms to make his bicep`s bigger and I also done the same with the forearms. and for his legs I used those thigh extenders to bulk them up I think that fixed the problem there. I then used the medicom darth vader boots and extended the toes with another pair of Hasbro boots to make the feet look longer and wider it took the height down a lot. I think the biggest part was the feet I think they were to big they looked like something that Chewbacca would ware I don't think vaders feet were that wide big. I think that was causing the height issue because of it maybe.

the proportions of everything relative to the height look correct.

Helmet too small.
Neck too long.
Feet too big.
Arms too small.

The figure still looks great, and the materials are nice, but the proportions are all kinds of wrong all over the place.

Has anyone considered making the light saber actually light up? I'm thinking of removing the top from the base, drilling through and running a wire attached to a light. I just want to know if anyone has attempted this yet.

Cold Cathode (CCFL - fluorescent light tube) produces the only realistic-lookng lit sabers. There are a number of examples posted in other threads, do a search for "cathode"

Also posted this in the main Vader thread: Anyone know where I can nab a few extra gloved hands? Most interested in the gripping versions - of course I didn't think to grab them when I ordered the saber hilt from Toy Anxiety a few days ago. :slap eBay at $18 per pair isn't going to happen.

I did not like this figure so I returned it but I messed around with it before, I tired him on an Arnold body and a bane body I have to say the bane body is way better almost the perfect physique and fills out the suit in the right way.

One would still have to extend the ankles and shorten the neck like the arnold, also maybe cut the sleeves of the suit down at the wrist

But he is more barrel chested and had less huge moobs so the chest box fits on great.

Hi guys. Can the ANH Vader head fit on the neck joint of the ROTJ body? Thanks. :)

For those who have lowered their Vader... doesn't it make the cape too long? I was able to get my ANH Vader down to 13-7/8" with the torso swap but bought the lforigno "short" cape for it. I've been thinking of getting a pair of KP02s or TTM20s to get both Vaders down to the 13-1/4" to 13-1/2" range, but worried that's going to lead to buying two new capes. I don't even know if lforigno is still making customs.

Back