1/6 SSC ESB/ROTJ Darth Vader Modification Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for starting this thread, Lopie, although I kinda dread having to follow a third Vader thread to keep up with everyone's possible tweak here. :pow

I'm anxious to see if anyone can find a simple way of cutting down the extra 1/2 inch off this figure. The official Star Wars Wiki page clearly states Vader in his armor to stand 6-foot 8-inches tall, so seeing Sideshow miss the mark twice now is driving me crazy. I plan on trimming the top of Vader's head the way King Darkness and Tony Meis have as soon as Sideshow replaces the Vader head I received with the broken tusk, but I wonder what else could be done.

Thanks for starting this thread, Lopie, although I kinda dread having to follow a third Vader thread to keep up with everyone's possible tweak here. :pow

I'm anxious to see if anyone can find a simple way of cutting down the extra 1/2 inch off this figure. The official Star Wars Wiki page clearly states Vader in his armor to stand 6-foot 8-inches tall, so seeing Sideshow miss the mark twice now is driving me crazy. I plan on trimming the top of Vader's head the way King Darkness and Tony Meis have as soon as Sideshow replaces the Vader head I received with the broken tusk, but I wonder what else could be done.

I used the ANH body because I shorted the abdomen part then I cut the legs where the pegs go. And with the helmet mod I should have the right height. But we will see.

I really only have 2 issues with this version at the moment
1. Dome size and angle
so what I've tried was I heated the dome in water then placed pressure on the back, this raises the dome over the eye brows as on the movie and tilts the angle back and the pressure also increases the flare of the dome. I placed under cold water to reset it
this might be the path for people who don't want to drem at this stage.

2. My other little nitpick is the shoulders are a tad to wide. To fix this I will adjust the position of the shoulder armour, should be a simple fix

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 1,466
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 1,480
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 1,467
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 1,463
I used the ANH as a base body which has been MOD for height, I wrapped it to give it some bulk.

Is that using the new bodysuit or the ANH one? I've been desperate to find out if the sleeves are loose enough to bulk up the arms but nobody has definitively answered it yet. Mine arrived the other day but since I work out of town I was only able to look at the box for about 2 mins before leaving.

Is that using the new bodysuit or the ANH one? I've been desperate to find out if the sleeves are loose enough to bulk up the arms but nobody has definitively answered it yet. Mine arrived the other day but since I work out of town I was only able to look at the box for about 2 mins before leaving.
Sorry I forgot to mention that the body suit is from ANH. The newer body suit is to slim at the sleeves to bulk them up, I tried.

On a TT 21 body and hasbro dome. Took better pics with actual camera but don't have time to upload, please enjoy ipad pics lol.
e2c3b35b17f771d872eaad5e4a05bf5e.jpg

45a134f7a5dd546b01a278bfa82e62d8.jpg

f648ac9f04381a5ea30c19f316bc1818.jpg

9d3eae57ab730ae2a89671c5340c83e3.jpg

c5efd2bd0e8ad23e161c42017ade35db.jpg

34a07e04e9e7e15537e39f8066cf1f8a.jpg

d18818b8eeb356fbae6ae58ffc6bc410.jpg

22c257823cc5410e39332918ce9339d0.jpg

b41315a8316f797e47bb1d5d88b5fd11.jpg

Good effort. Not sure that the TT 21 is really right... He looks disproportional to my eyes.

sorry to say that Hasbro dome just looks way funky! The helmet mod using the dome that comes with the figure looks a lot better IMHO.

That helmet just needs to sit a bit further back and tilted lower so that the back of Vader's neck is completely covered by the helmet, DA. And while the build is on the slight side, I'm surprised at how tall you got the TTM21 to look. Was that done with just longer ankle pegs? You definitely nailed that part.

I think lowering and titling the dome back would go a long way. I think there's probably some lens distortion going on too, probably looks better in hand. Post some pics of the arms.

Last edited:
hehe sorry, but that dome! The first thing that came to my mind was:
spaceballs.png

The schwartz is strong with this one! :lol
Haha, there's some lens distortion. I will upload pics and we can take it from there. Still working with the hasbro dome placement. Oh and FYI, I didn't cut down the top of his head like others. In fact you can leave it on there and even use the reveal dome since it's completely round and not indented to fit the top of his face mask.

Back