1/6 Sideshow - McQuarrie Series - Darth Vader Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I still would buy this for sure. Who know if this is still a thing though sadly.

I was intrigued by this and probably would have been convinced to buy a complete line. Too bad it seems like it isn't going to happen.

giphy.gif

I saw this bumped and got all excited that some news had popped up about this becoming reality.

Are the 1/6th scale figures still happening? they made a prototype of vader but I don't know if that's moving forward at all? Anyone know?

No official statement from Sideshow that i know of. They are obviously working on their Mc Quarrie PF range but 1/6 versions seem to have been put on the back burner for some time now.

I'm reeeeealy hoping they're still gonna make this... :pray: ...... This is and would be amazing Vader to add to one's collection.

I had to ask Sideshow something recently about an order. I used their chat thing on their website- when signing off I said "please tell whoever is in charge that there are plenty of us wanting the McQuarrie 1/6 scale figures, so please release them". The girl responding said "I will pass it along and you're not the only one hoping for them".

Not much to go on, but send Sideshow some emails, let them know we want these figures. It can only help.

Sean

Talked to a couple of the employees at Star Wars Celebration. Asked about this line as well. She said they were actively working on them previously, but they're on an "indefinite hold" at the moment. :(

I really hope SSC makes this series into sixth scale. The more I stare at the McQuarrie premium format statues at my local comic store, the more I want them but I only collect sixth scale figures and this would be a perfect way to have them :yess:

The only downside I see to this figure is the crap SS Prometheus body. Otherwise I dig the figure, both helmets for sure.

So, this is essentially dead.
I asked Sideshow's Star Wars project manager, Matt Bischoff, at Comic Con last Wednesday about the Vader they had teased, as well as a Boba Fett that would have been next in a series of planned sixth scale McQuarrie figures (he said back in 2015 that the plan had been to release them in the opposite order of the statue releases), and he said that Vader and Boba Fett (and presumably, a sixth scale McQ Stormtrooper) are indefinitely on hold. He said the McQuarrie statues sold well but not in the numbers they would need to move forward on articulated figures, which are much more expensive to make. Combine that with all the Star Wars movies and TV shows out, coming out, and in the works, which is apparently where Lucasfilm wants them to focus. He didn't want to rule out ever releasing the sixth scale McQuarrie Vader and the other figures they had designed, but it also sounded like the Obi Wan Mythos figure is probably the only "not seen on screen" figure we'll get for quite a while.

So, this is essentially dead.
I asked Sideshow's Star Wars project manager, Matt Bischoff, at Comic Con last Wednesday about the Vader they had teased, as well as a Boba Fett that would have been next in a series of planned sixth scale McQuarrie figures (he said back in 2015 that the plan had been to release them in the opposite order of the statue releases), and he said that Vader and Boba Fett (and presumably, a sixth scale McQ Stormtrooper) are indefinitely on hold. He said the McQuarrie statues sold well but not in the numbers they would need to move forward on articulated figures, which are much more expensive to make. Combine that with all the Star Wars movies and TV shows out, coming out, and in the works, which is apparently where Lucasfilm wants them to focus. He didn't want to rule out ever releasing the sixth scale McQuarrie Vader and the other figures they had designed, but it also sounded like the Obi Wan Mythos figure is probably the only "not seen on screen" figure we'll get for quite a while.

Ugh... this sucks! I love the McQuarrie designs. Why does every company, film studio, record company, etc, think like this? They can't do anything original or a little fringe/unique. I guess just keep making Batman and Iron Man figures for all eternity, while I take my money elsewhere.

And statues are a very different thing from 1/6 figures. Larger, not articulated, etc. They have zero appeal to me as a collector. I doubt they'd be shelf warmers. It's not like they make hundreds of thousands. Anything in the original trilogy seems very sought after, and while these are prototype designs I think they'd appeal to buyers just the same.

Sean

He said the McQuarrie statues sold well but not in the numbers they would need to move forward on articulated figures, which are much more expensive to make.

tenor.gif

This line of thinking always made me laugh when companies give this type of answer. Statues and Figures are apples and oranges. I love the McQuarrie designs but don't collect statues so I didn't bother but I'd have bought every figure out. When they announced the Mythos Obi-Wan there were a ton of people posting in various places that they were upset that they were figures and not statues and would pass on him. I believe that the figures aren't coming out but the answer feels full of fluff to give multiple reasons to why they won't do them and steer away from one clear reason. Vader would sell more than Obi-Wan without question and it's hard to for me to believe that the Mythos line smashed while the McQuarrie line did alright.

But hey, I guess the final line is that this isn't happening and gets moved to the Sideshow graveyard.

Back