1/6 Sideshow - McQuarrie Series - Darth Vader Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I feared the death of this line when nothing was shown at SDCC this summer.

Sideshow hasn't issued any official word on the status of this line.

Perhaps the sales on the statues weren't as strong as they had hoped for so they killed the 12' figure line.

Still holding out hope for this, but I agree it's looking a bit less likely. It's possible they may feel with the other three Vaders available right now there just wouldn't be enough interest in this other one.

I would have really loved this and the stormies, but at $250+ for even the most barebones figures, I don't know if I would get them.

I still have hope this will get made... what they showed at CVII was still an early prototype so I wouldn't be surprised if it was still coming. And the interest in McQuarrie only seems to be growing.

I really hope this line is alive somewhere too, but I kind of lost hope when it disappeared from the Sideshow "Coming Soon" section.

I just picked up the new Star Wars Art book set and it's totally epic and stunning. It has literally EVERYTHING and is beautifully put together. McQuarrie was The Source.

Despite trying to avoid Sideshow figures (i do buy a few), I would consider this one.

They unboxed the McQuarrie Stormtrooper statue on Sideshowlive today and a couple of us asked about 1/6. This was the reply:

"the original goal was to do 1/6th as well"

I don't know if that means, "yes we intended to do them from the start and will", or "we were going to but aren't now". Pretty ambiguous.

This seems like a no-brainer and is especially relevant for the 40th anniversary. I have my fingers crossed we will see it at Celebration. Has Sideshow ever cancelled a figure before after it was shown to the public?

This seems like a no-brainer and is especially relevant for the 40th anniversary. I have my fingers crossed we will see it at Celebration. Has Sideshow ever cancelled a figure before after it was shown to the public?

It's not a figure, but the Predator 2 Elder bust was never released, right?

They unboxed the McQuarrie Stormtrooper statue on Sideshowlive today and a couple of us asked about 1/6. This was the reply:

"the original goal was to do 1/6th as well"

I don't know if that means, "yes we intended to do them from the start and will", or "we were going to but aren't now". Pretty ambiguous.

Sounds like past tense to me......hope dwindling.

Back