1/6 Sideshow - McQuarrie Series - Darth Vader Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh wow I saw this thinking ok Sideshow didn't get squashed in the 1/6 scale Star Wars dept of figures. But no they still like statues and want to do statues and statue ppl complained it's not a statue. So they're scrapping idea now? Didn't they already make a statue of the McQuarrie Vader design? I mean even I was ready to go for this and forget what was already in my mind that I wanted which was from HTs. Sticking with what I had in my mind originally now. Do statue collectors realize m that there are ppl who collect figures other than just statues or are they in their own little world of a character is better in the art of a statue than in one of a fully articulated figure where you're not limited to him/her doing having the same pose day in and day out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Such a bummer, I would have bought each and every McQuarrie 1/6 produced without question. I know there's a lot of statue fans out there, but Im thinking if they did poorly it probably had more to do with price and the 1/5 scale (just doesnt match up well with most folks statue collections because most stuff is in 1/6 or 1/4). Honestly due to size and price, I'm willing to bet most statue lines arent doing as well as they used to.

Ah well, at least we still have the McQuarrie Hasbro figures. Not nearly as nice, but at least it's something..

If in fact the case, it is too bad. I think Sideshow would do well to produce figures like this and the Mythos line (and background aliens) and leave the movie stuff to Hot Toys. Fill in the gaps with figures HT would be unlikely to do.

They really needed two strong releases with this line, VAder/Fett or Vader/Luke, I would kill for a high end McQuarrie Luke, and a line like this (and Mythos) is great because us collectors wouldn't hold them and their work to Hot toys standards, they can take their liberties and actually make these realistic Art pieces... really hope they reconsider

I'm not convinced Sideshow would have been able to accurately pull off these figures anyway. The McQ designs are in some ways even more intricate than the final versions, and SSC has consistently had something a little off with so many of their helmeted sculpts. HT has struggled in some ways too, but not to the degree SSC has. The SSC DX Vader, Fett, 3PO and Biker Scout helmets were pretty off in terms of accuracy.

Also, with SSC's prices going the way they did, these figs would have been in the $250+ range anyway - which some on here would buy, but overall they would be slow sellers. That combination of middling accuracy, QC issues and very high price just kills so many of SSC's 1/6 releases.

I was counting on these 1/6 McQ figures.

I don’t follow the logic that because the larger scale statues didn’t sell that the figures at 1/6 won’t. Does SSC understand it’s client base? I don’t buy premium statues as a precursor to every 1/6 figure in my collection. Makes little sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Yeah it's a shame, because I think collectors would have been a lot more receptive to a line of 1/6 McQuarrie figures. And at the very least would have wanted the more memorable ones like Vader, the Stormtrooper, 3PO and R2.

Same here. Honestly, I think if they released those same statues at 1/4 instead of 1/5 they would have been a huge hit.

I personally would love some concept 1/6 figures, especially the Stormtrooper, Luke (Deak), and Boba.(and vader obviously)

1/4 scale would definitely have been the better way to go, people like their statue collection to be uniform in size. That said I have all 3 exclusive versions and I think they are pretty damn cool. They display very well with the massive mcquarrie book set.

1/4 scale would definitely have been the better way to go, people like their statue collection to be uniform in size. That said I have all 3 exclusive versions and I think they are pretty damn cool. They display very well with the massive mcquarrie book set.

Yeah, I'd probably still pick them up if I had adequate room haha.

Still my most wanted batch of 1/6 Star Wars figures. I would buy every figure produced in this style.

Skylu3d July 2023 Patreon files for 3D printing
July_2023_Full_Release.jpg

scale the files to 200% before printing and it should come out roughly 1:6

Last edited:
Back