1/6 Sideshow - MARVEL: The Punisher Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jus a theory, but if everybody does not buy this, SS will then be forced to lower their price, and possibly the price of future releases. But I'm sure that this logic will automatically be ignored, therefore more complaining will commence as well as high prices.

Rather than lower prices, SSC will make it coupon eligible first, then offer double rewards, then maybe 2 years from now knock 10% off.

Not sure if this has been done before, but I did a crappy PS edit of what I would've liked to see (minus the trench, of course).

2eziwz6.jpg

It's kind of a blessing and curse because I was starting to slow down on purchases. I had planned on buying GL and Punisher but I can pass and consider it money kept in my pocket.

I've been looking forward to both this and Wolverine, but I'll be waiting now.

Since Wolverine will have two sculpts plus mouth plates, I wonder what his cost will be.

Sorry I meant to add consistently, with the amount of product they put out between ssc and ht they are killing an average collector at the price point.

Was just at my local shop on the weekend and as always spoke to the owner for a bit, he echoed the same sentiment from his customers, sales are down in his segment, 1:6 from either ssc of ht, simply as there is to much at a high cost now

My LCS guy is the same, he's just about done with Sideshow altogether

Jus a theory, but if everybody does not buy this, SS will then be forced to lower their price, and possibly the price of future releases. But I'm sure that this logic will automatically be ignored, therefore more complaining will commence as well as high prices.

I don't know. They will be more likely to think there is no interest and discontinue the line.

The proto looks good, but I'm sure Sideshow will pull another GI Joe on their product. The sculpt will be clean like what they did with Storm Shadow with the proto looking exactly opposite.

2611d.jpg

SS isn't going anywhere, for every person priced out of the market there is a wealthy person who will step in and take their place.

$240.00 is $2.40 for many people, just because you can't afford it does it mean SS is screwing themselves with higher prices.

No there isn't, I don't know of anyone younger who gets into this hobby

We are a dying fad, especially if we have to keep refreshing technology every two years.

Although it's too expensive, and it's still not the design that I would have immediately pre-ordered, I'm still tempted, mostly due to this pic:
SSCPunisher3.jpg

Well, he's up for pre-order. $24 NRD. I'm likely still going to buy, but probably through a local supplier. The $240 is one thing, but in Toronto Canada here, the shipping is $30, plus probably $45 for Duty. Ridiculous.

Back