1/6 Sideshow - MARVEL: The Punisher Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jus a theory, but if everybody does not buy this, SS will then be forced to lower their price, and possibly the price of future releases. But I'm sure that this logic will automatically be ignored, therefore more complaining will commence as well as high prices.
That won't do anything. The Red 5 Luke is the same price and literally has no accessories other than hands holding gloves and his helmet is removable (both those really are part of the suit though so barely count as extras). Sideshow is kidding themselves with these prices. I get that their costs may be going up but the fact that they've under delivered on so much of their output including recent releases makes it seem absolutely ridiculous for them to charge prices equivalent to those of Hot Toys or higher. They need to up their quality big time if they're asking these kinds of prices or take a step back and reconsider their place in the 1/6th market.

What can one say?

It'll be a figure you hate, really hate, claim to hate, but end up pre-ordering with the NRD, or really hate because SSC will screw it up in final production, etc.

I took a chance and pre-ordered it with the NRD. The worst case scenario. If SSC truly and utterly screws it up, I'll cancel and fight the NRD charge with my credit card company if it comes to it.

IMHO, the best 1:6 version of the character thus far is the VTS Revenger figure followed by the AF Saves figure. Both were not 100% perfect, but I've seen customs where parts were consolidated/replaced from the two with modifications and a superior figure was produced.

This version IMHO is not 100% perfect, but definitely conveys the character in terms of the head sculpt with the Bradstreet influence.

I don't care for the white gloves and boots, but they can be used for something else.

The weapons look like inferior cartoon versions.

$239.99 is overpriced definitely.

I think $179.99 to $199.99 would have been preferred, but SSC is greedy with the ongoing give less and get more mindset because those idiot customers will still pay for it mentality holds true.

Last edited:
They are going to kill the marvel and dc line s bring back the joes

--

Why?

So they can kill the JOE line again with obscene pricing?

Face it.

The JOE line ending (however we lament about it) was the best thing before Sideshow could screw it up/screw it up more.

I too lamented the JOE line ending, but overall SSC is going the route of HT by giving less and demanding more.

Last edited:
I won't pre-order through SSC, but I will through a local retailer. I don't need the exclusive submachine gun, I've got plenty of better 1/6 weaponry lying around for him. Like everyone else, I'd prefer either a brighter skull and white holsters/straps, or the faded skull and all black everything else, but I do really like the headsculpt, and the body they used.

ss and HT are not on the same route. HT is still the gold standard in 1/6. Overall fantastic quality with increasing prices to reflect demand (as any manufacturer would do). ss has a mediocre record at best.

Just sitting here I can't think of one figure ss knocked out of the park. HT's home run list is lengthy. On a bad day HT is a stand up double. On a good day SS is a sliding double.

But ss is charging the same or more for characters with human faces compared to the standard bearer. And keep in mind, HT has to get actor approval. SS can do almost anyone's face and call it the Punisher. I don't know why that is. But I expect the powers that be may chime in as seen before in the GL thread.

I will agree this is a much more subdued thread. But Did you see the GL thread? It was full on pitchforks and torches against the figure. It prompted the new conduct policy. Although I found the ire to be directed at the figure and the manufacturer rather than any individual.

GL thread I believe blew up because the suit material choice, high price, and lack of accessories. Punisher decent figure, but one complaint for me is the price. With shipping, these 1/6 figures are getting closer and closer to 300.00 which for me is unacceptable. I can't justify these purchases anymore. Because I can afford to buy them does not mean I will. My purchase ceiling price has pretty much hit its peak.

It's hard to understand their way of thinking. In this case they claim that the white gear didn't wouldn't work so they decided to go the black route. Really???? It's been proven by many customizers that it does work, when done properly. And aren't their PFs pretty much comic accurate. Explain that to me, cause I'm dumbfounded by their decision making.

It's hard to understand their way of thinking. In this case they claim that the white gear didn't wouldn't work so they decided to go the black route. Really???? It's been proven by many customizers that it does work, when done properly. And aren't their PFs pretty much comic accurate. Explain that to me, cause I'm dumbfounded by their decision making.

Especially when they made one of the best punisher statues with white gear :lol

giphy.gif

I loved this game classic punisher and nick fury.

What can one say?

It'll be a figure you hate, really hate, claim to hate, but end up pre-ordering with the NRD, or really hate because SSC will screw it up in final production, etc.

I took a chance and pre-ordered it with the NRD. The worst case scenario. If SSC truly and utterly screws it up, I'll cancel and fight the NRD charge with my credit card company if it comes to it.

IMHO, the best 1:6 version of the character thus far is the VTS Revenger figure followed by the AF Saves figure. Both were not 100% perfect, but I've seen customs where parts were consolidated/replaced from the two with modifications and a superior figure was produced.

This version IMHO is not 100% perfect, but definitely conveys the character in terms of the head sculpt with the Bradstreet influence.

I don't care for the white gloves and boots, but they can be used for something else.

The weapons look like inferior cartoon versions.

$239.99 is overpriced definitely.

I think $179.99 to $199.99 would have been preferred, but SSC is greedy with the ongoing give less and get more mindset because those idiot customers will still pay for it mentality holds true.
I don't always agree with what you say but you totally nailed this.

If this were done by Hot Toys would the price be acceptable?

Nope. The figure is a poorly executed concept of bad design. Who makes it is irrelevant.
The only highlights are the sculpt and the vest. Simply not $240 worth of quality here.

Back