1/6 Sideshow - MARVEL: The Punisher Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really like this and as others have said I can afford it but I can't justify it. And it doesn't help that with past experience the quality will take somewhat of a hit during production. I just cancelled Deadpool because of the price and I don't think I'm going to pre order this one. As of now the only one I may is Wolverine and that depends on how he's going to look when we see him.

$240.... Hmmm... with almost every 1/6 company making better products at cheaper prices (including some of HT recent offer) All I can say is good luck, SSC. And if your gamble pays off, more power to you.

Extremely disappointed at the price of this figure. Deadpool was overpriced, but I still picked it up. This however; I can't.

As much as I like the sculpt, I hope to just get one on a parts breakdown so that I can bash my own because I cannot justify $240 + tax + shipping + packout for this guy. Nope.

Agree with that...DamToy makes a higher quality 1/6 scale and they do much better for the price.The Gangster line is a testament to that

But those are unlicensed figures. I have a strong feeling the new price points are a reflection of this hobby appearing on license holder's radar. They are seeing there is money to be made.

But those are unlicensed figures. I have a strong feeling the new price points are a reflection of this hobby appearing on license holder's radar. They are seeing there is money to be made.

Sure the Marvel license is not cheap but HT are paying for Marvel license AND actor likeness! RDJ got $1m for his likeness. And HT are cheaper!!!

Also a lot of companies are putting out high quality figures with popular fanchises. ThreeZero Game of Thrones are $140-160 with free worldwide shipping and everyone collecting that line loves it. Star are doing well with their Harry Potter figures. Mondo with Turtles. All these are in the $140-160 range which is where these Sideshow figures should be when compared to Hot Toys.

$240 for this is ridiculous. I don't mind the costume issues but this should be like $180.

And the bigger issue is SS's handling of all their 1/6th products. Lower quality at higher prices. Reminds me of the snake plissken figure when the pouch buttons all popped off. Or their asking $230 for margi gras green lantern. Or their "interpretation" of Destro. Or hoth han's anemic cheap fur hood. It's like Chevy and Mercedes charging the same prices for their individual products.

$240 for this is ridiculous. I don't mind the costume issues but this should be like $180.

And the bigger issue is SS's handling of all their 1/6th products. Lower quality at higher prices. Reminds me of the snake plissken figure when the pouch buttons all popped off. Or their asking $230 for margi gras green lantern. Or their "interpretation" of Destro. Or hoth han's anemic cheap fur hood. It's like Chevy and Mercedes charging the same prices for their individual products.

A-Men!

They are really jumping the shark to say the least. When I saw this at SDCC and saw the price, my immediate question was, does it come with black glove hands and boots cause this can't be the complete package. I understand cost are going up but dayum. These guys have got to be brain numb if they think their product can exist in the same market with the 1/6th king (HTs) and be priced similarly or in some cases higher than them. With all the competition and all the bootleggers, I can't see how they will continue with some of these lines. Particularly when they keep taking these "interpretive" approaches.

Sure the Marvel license is not cheap but HT are paying for Marvel license AND actor likeness! RDJ got $1m for his likeness. And HT are cheaper!!!

Also a lot of companies are putting out high quality figures with popular fanchises. ThreeZero Game of Thrones are $140-160 with free worldwide shipping and everyone collecting that line loves it. Star are doing well with their Harry Potter figures. Mondo with Turtles. All these are in the $140-160 range which is where these Sideshow figures should be when compared to Hot Toys.

And none of those are American companies.

I have all of them but the second snake eyes.....

The line was great and thought the figures were well done, but it wasn't a success. All the cobra figures all lingered around, still think some are available.
Ssc over priced them and made a poor judgement, as always, to what the collectors wanted, hence once more they killed another 1:6 line.

They are going to kill the marvel and dc line s bring back the joes

Guess ssc did not learn from their 1/6 green Lantern. Thanks ssc for saving me 240.00. I kept my dead pool order, and that price I was not happy with either. I ordered the exclusive dead pool and since he waitlisted, I decided to keep him. The exclusive was hard to pass up. Sad I got into collecting in 2013 and now I am pretty much out. Can not justify 1/6 and premium format prices anymore. BTW I am retired and have a nice monthly income.

I can not see myself continuing to pay these high prices. Secondary market is flatlined pretty much. To me that is a guage on how the market is doing, plus figures sitting on shelves.

It was a fun ride while it lasted. With ssc new high prices and jacked up shipping charges pushing 1/6 figures towards the 300.00 price, I am tapping out.

If Sideshow wants to $240 from me for Captain America and Thor,they better make them "Classic" and straight out of the comics

Can't argue with that logic.

Does SS ever discount their own stuff for Spook? I say just wait and get this for 30% off later on.

Yeah that is the way to get these...or just wait for a sale at other retailers.

The figure looks ok...but no better than DAM or ACI so the high price tag seems excessive.

And agreed on the sweater...doesn't look that great. So since Snake Eyes, they have not improved on the black sweater material?

Jus a theory, but if everybody does not buy this, SS will then be forced to lower their price, and possibly the price of future releases. But I'm sure that this logic will automatically be ignored, therefore more complaining will commence as well as high prices.

Back