1/6 Scale TDK Model Dios - Armory, Int Room, GCPD Jail

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks mate. Btw I was planning on using Plastruct rods for mine, but the longest one's are 10 inches. :(

Any suggestions?

Hmmm... Well there are several cross bars that build up the jail wall, it is very tedious but to gain height you could cut your poly rods sand them down smooth and plastic weld them to each of the cross bars. This would probably give you at least 1.5 inches taller if you assume there are 6 cross bars and you would use at 1/4 inch rectangle bars.
Also could double up the bottom cross bar as this would not be a bad way to get additional height and aesthetically be in line your piece.

As a benefit this would also keep you from having to pilot all of those holes in the crossbars. Which in itself is a lot of work as well.

I am feeling guilty now not having this jail cell piece completed yet. :gah:

I've been working on the Dark Knight Rises Polycarbonate/Makrolon Vault and have not attended to finishing the front bars for this. Kind of jumped the gun and left it sitting.

Much respect for your Dio's hokietwo. Really sick using real concrete and building the walls brick by brick :thud:. Looking forward to your future stuff :).

Hmmm... Well there are several cross bars that build up the jail wall, it is very tedious but to gain height you could cut your poly rods sand them down smooth and plastic weld them to each of the cross bars. This would probably give you at least 1.5 inches taller if you assume there are 6 cross bars and you would use at 1/4 inch rectangle bars.
Also could double up the bottom cross bar as this would not be a bad way to get additional height and aesthetically be in line your piece.

As a benefit this would also keep you from having to pilot all of those holes in the crossbars. Which in itself is a lot of work as well.

Thanks for the tips mate, really appreciate it. :duff

Back