How did you become a 1/6 scale figure collector?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I started collecting some Neca and Hasbro stuff a couple years ago and discovered the SSC stuff at SDCC last year, this year I purchased the 1/6 Vader and Mythos Maul and have been pre-ordering a bunch ever since. Currently working on getting the Clone Trooper Commandos and Boba Fett figs. Kinda kicking myself for purchasing the Maul Mythos before the Fett one since Fett is now sold out and Maul is available. :(

It started with Eric Draven-The Crow and is now snow-balling with The Avengers-Loki, Odin, Thor-TDW pre-order. Now waiting for the GotG and Avengers AoU collections:)

Ive been meaning to get into 1/6 scale for years but never did. My friend who is a member here told me that Sideshow has ROTJ Darth Vader and Malgus. Ordered them. Now I have

1. ROTJ Darth Vader
2. Darth Malgus
3. Yoda
4. Prototype Fett
5. Terminator 1 T-800 (preorder)
6. Elder Predator (Preorder)
7. Padawan Obi-Wan
8. Predator Replica mask prop
9. IM 3 War Machine
10. Mark 2 Whiplash (preorder)

And just ordered ANH Darth Vader to add to my collection.

Still want to snag Classic Predator and the Original release Predator in the near future.

It's a sickness that rivals my gun buying sickness.. And I love every moment of it.

It was my love of Doctor Who that lead to me to buying 1/6 figures. I had been looking at Big Chief's 1/6 Doctor Who figures when I actually found one in person at my local comic shop. Of course I had to get her (it was Amy Pond). That lead to me hunting down the 11th doctor and now I'm ready to order the 4th. I'd love to get the 10th and any future addition Big Chief comes out with as well, but I'm also finding myself looking at other 1/6 Hot Toy figures as well.... not that I can really afford to many at the moment. ^^;

I was part of the Span boards migration around 2007-08:lol It seemed like everyone was "graduationg" to 1/6th at that time. Someone posted up the original ANH Vader figure and I had a heart attack when I saw the $120 price tag. I still ended up buying it and shortly after, bought both Hot Toys Wolf & Cleaner figures and here I am now not blinking an eye to buy shelling out for LSF's and 1:1's, etc.:thud:

Ive been meaning to get into 1/6 scale for years but never did. My friend who is a member here told me that Sideshow has ROTJ Darth Vader and Malgus. Ordered them. Now I have

1. ROTJ Darth Vader
2. Darth Malgus
3. Yoda
4. Prototype Fett
5. Terminator 1 T-800 (preorder)
6. Elder Predator (Preorder)
7. Padawan Obi-Wan
8. Predator Replica mask prop
9. IM 3 War Machine
10. Mark 2 Whiplash (preorder)

And just ordered ANH Darth Vader to add to my collection.

Still want to snag Classic Predator and the Original release Predator in the near future.

It's a sickness that rivals my gun buying sickness.. And I love every moment of it.

Very similar to my addiction to SSC. I discovered them and purchased the Maul Mythos early this year, then Deadpool PF, then Vader 1/6... Before I knew it I had about 6 things on pre-order/payment plans. It's crazy how this addiction works!

Back