1/6 scale R2D2 from Taito

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This wave of purchases sounds like it's going a little better than the last batch. Hope everyone gets it. I'll be looking forward to in-hand pics!!

Irvin Kershner and Leslie Nielsen... [Sometimes spelling does need to be corrected on the internet.]

I didn't check my e-mail (at home) before heading out but I'll do so when I get home later-- hopefully my shipping notice went out as well.

Wow , I was making statement about two people who passed away who made a big impact on many peoples lives and your correcting me spelling?

Wow , I was making statement about two people who passed away who made a big impact on many peoples lives and your correcting me spelling?

I am... because in remembering them you could at least take the time to honour their memory by spelling their names correctly.

Whatever I guess I have better things to do than correct someone when they are trying to honor someone. Please go nit pick someone else .

You're honouring them by not even getting their names correct?

I don't think it's a nit pick to get their names right. Sorry, but since Irvin Kershner directed my favourite movie of all-time and Leslie Nielsen was a great Canadian actor who appeared in one of my favourite comedies of all-time (besides his many other acting accomplishments) I think it'd be nice if they're actually remembered and not phonetically remembered.

You're honouring them by not even getting their names correct?

I don't think it's a nit pick to get their names right. Sorry, but since Irvin Kershner directed my favourite movie of all-time and Leslie Nielsen was a great Canadian actor who appeared in one of my favourite comedies of all-time (besides his many other acting accomplishments) I think it'd be nice if they're actually remembered and not phonetically remembered.

I don't agree with you ..... obviously . Bottom line is the world lost two very talented people who touched many peoples lives in a very positive way.

Anyhow at least for me its time to get back on topic.

WOW!:eek:
That is hilariously inaccurate! I can just imagine people who ordered this based on the Amazon picture and then getting the real thing!

That is horrible!

Holy ____!!! That is some serious false advertising! How is that legal?

It reminds of the Gentle Giant Slave Leia bust, wherever you look (online shops, etailers, ebay etc.) you can see only pics of the superb original proto, and what you get in hand is the crappy looking bootleg-ish Slave Leia dog head bust...

WOO HOO! Checked my tracking number for my R2 and got this update:

The item is being processed for departure from Hong Kong as of 3-Dec-2010. :yess::r2d2line

Your really on top of things!! Mine says the same ! We sould have them some time next week and 2 weeks after that is the EX Greedo for me.

Yeah.... I REALLY want a 1/6 scale R2!! Can't wait till SS does theirs, and it BETTER BE worth the wait! But this will do in the meantime. ;)

Yeah.... I REALLY want a 1/6 scale R2!! Can't wait till SS does theirs, and it BETTER BE worth the wait! But this will do in the meantime. ;)

From the pis I've seen and from what Justinluck posted I think this is great stand in and a really good price! Yes he wait better be worth it wth SS and hopefully not a ton of money !

At least if the SS one sucks (which I doubt it will) we'll have this !

It will be interesting to see which R2-D2 height Sideshow goes with, the 107.5 cm of some of the props that have been on public display, or the 96 cm according to Lucasfilm.

The Taito clock is dead-on 1:6 (18 cm tall) if we're basing it off Artoo's height being 107.5 cm.

The Medicom R2 is damned close to 1:6 (15.5 cm tall) if we're going by the "official" height (it should be 16cm). Hasbro appears to have based the size of their late-90s 1:6 R2 (which is about the same height as the Medi) off of this height as well.

This all makes me wonder whether ALL the props were 107.5 cm, or if some of them were 107.5 and some of them were 96? That would certainly explain where all the confusion has come from....

(I'm assuming the measurements that I'm using were accurately taken, thus why I linked to them.)

Last edited:
I don't know where the 96 comes from, I'd trust the 107.5 measurement from the props. It what we all saw on screen, so that's what's going to look right.

Back