1/6 scale R2D2 from Taito

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not yet. But if some who ordered after me are getting theirs, I am not going to agree to cancel the auction.

Damn, I saw this thread yesterday but didn't look at it. I want one of these now, anyone found an alternative place to get this?

Mine was canceled as well , was told that the item as defective andhe had none left . I was not happy, I have tried searching on ebay and noone else seems to have it right now.

Funny thing is, until this topic, I never heard of them. The OTHER Taito things produced I HAVE heard of. Weird! Is this brand new just rolling out, or are they extremely rare?? There's zero I have found about them online.

:monkey2

Mine was canceled as well , was told that the item as defective andhe had none left . I was not happy, I have tried searching on ebay and noone else seems to have it right now.

Same here. Something seems fishy. I can appreciate the relatively good feedback, but there were clearly 5 left as I bought it, and 4 after. I was hoping that mine took, especially after a couple of the comments. Guess not. Could be an honest mistake, got my refund quick enough. Still, I actually emailed back and said I could give a crap about the clock and would he still send it if I re-paid. I'm pretty sure I know what the answer will be (if I get a reply at all), but I have to give it a shot. I'm not agreeing to the cancellation just yet either.

Same here. Something seems fishy. I can appreciate the relatively good feedback, but there were clearly 5 left as I bought it, and 4 after. I was hoping that mine took, especially after a couple of the comments. Guess not. Could be an honest mistake, got my refund quick enough. Still, I actually emailed back and said I could give a crap about the clock and would he still send it if I re-paid. I'm pretty sure I know what the answer will be (if I get a reply at all), but I have to give it a shot. I'm not agreeing to the cancellation just yet either.

I can tell you the answer will be no , I tried the same thing . I was told the defective ones were already sent back to the manufacturer. I ordered mine with 4 still left.

It seems we may have "bought" them pretty close then. Figures:dunno. I guess the good thing is I know they exist now. Availability will be another story. Disappointing, but no harm, no foul.

Thanks for the reply. I expect my denial will be there in the morning.

I received my R2 in the mail today from Hong Kong.:pray: First impression is pretty good. I see a few odd inaccuracies, such as the size and placement of his "eye". I say it is odd, because the designers did a good job with most of the proportions and placements. I haven't had a chance to open him up yet and see if the clock works. The plastic is decent quality. A couple small detractors: there are four visible seam lines on his dome and two of the six rollers under feet are catching, preventing him from rolling smoothly (this might be fixable). He does have full articulation of the legs and the dome which is nice.

This piece it not Hot Toys quality. It is a "clock" after all... But it is a damn good deal for $30 shipped compared to what we pay for most 1/6 collectibles. It is an even better deal if you live in China and perhaps other countries as well. I have to say this R2 is certainly way more complex and detailed than something like the $140 Emperor's chair from Sideshow... :cuckoo:

Taito, bring on more SW 1/6 "clocks"!

Last edited:
Guys, I am glad you like it, and congrats to those whom had successfully got the droid from HK.

Hi bzie, it's height is 18cm tall. :lecture

Kamandi- Yes, the drome do rotate.:rotfl

IMG_3585.jpg

As for the extend length of the head, I came across one HK website who this friend shown the cut away R2 picture.

https://hk.myblog.yahoo.com/aryet-collections/article?mid=6969&prev=-1&next=6946

cutawayR2D2jpg2.jpg

Taito exactly follows the same design as the picture. And the best part is, the extended scope on the dome. :clap

cutawayR2D2.jpg

Pictures from aryet-collections

Lastly, added 2 more photos.
IMG_3580.jpg

IMG_3577.jpg

Fantastic photos

Thank you

Where abouts is the clock display?
I'm thinking of picking one up to go with my medi 3PO, but don't want an ugly LED panel stuck on the side.
Thanks
Colin

It is behind a panel on the right side of the front, so it will not be visible with the panel closed.

I'm thinking of picking one up to go with my medi 3PO, but don't want an ugly LED panel stuck on the side.
Thanks
Colin

Thanks
Colin

Looks like its behind one of his front panels:
IMG_3585.jpg
IMG_3575.jpg

EDIT: WOOPS! Looks like Doctor_B beat me to it! :D

Thanks for posting the link Brinn!! I bought one , I just hope this one actually shipps, mine was one the orders that got canceled initially!

No problem man! ;)

That SUCKS! :monkey4
I wonder if its the same guy? Maybe he figured he could charge more and now is?

I grabbed one, as well. The only thing that kinda sucks is the estimated shipping date - "Between December 27 - January 7," which, of course I didn't notice until after I sent payment. Ah well. This little guy looks worth the wait.

Back