1/6 scale R2D2 from Taito

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not bad. Looks better than Hasbro in most aspects. I'd recommend this to anyone over the Medicom figure just for the price and scale alone.

Does the dome rotate?

If you look at the photos the dome seems to have been rotated from photo to photo- few are in the identical position. Also the instructions pictured look like it indicates that the dome rotates (note the arrow showing that dome turns).

Sean

Great find, iceberg66.

Any chance to measure R2 for exact height? I searched on ebay, there seems to be many 15" taito versions instead of 18"

Ladies & gentlemen, allow me to present you this 1/6 scale R2D2 from Taito. :clap

I happened to discover this boxed R2 displayed in one local toystore. I did not know what this item was, but I found that the height of this droid appoximate match my SW 12" figures. The price is a bit expensive, so I decide to do a research back home through some toy websites & youtube. Then I gladly managed to get one from a HK ebayer & happy to present to you, 18cm height Taito R2D2 digital clock. Please excuse me for posting to much photos.:wave

Height comparsion

Taito R2 vs Hasbro R2

Koto w Taito

Guys, I am glad you like it, and congrats to those whom had successfully got the droid from HK.

Hi bzie, it's height is 18cm tall. :lecture

Kamandi- Yes, the drome do rotate.:rotfl

IMG_3585.jpg

As for the extend length of the head, I came across one HK website who this friend shown the cut away R2 picture.

https://hk.myblog.yahoo.com/aryet-collections/article?mid=6969&prev=-1&next=6946

cutawayR2D2jpg2.jpg

Taito exactly follows the same design as the picture. And the best part is, the extended scope on the dome. :clap

cutawayR2D2.jpg

Pictures from aryet-collections

Lastly, added 2 more photos.
IMG_3580.jpg

IMG_3577.jpg

Thanks for posting more photos. I simply love its size next to a Sideshow figure.

Best 1/6th R2 currently.

I got to hunt one down.

This is the night light one i have currently but, in blue(R2)...not as good.

sw-proj3.jpg

Nice collection, Valfar:hi5:

I guess yours is a light projector. At least, You're ahead of me to know Taito's R2.

Now I just hope that they will come with red colour. :pray::pray::pray:

Now I am not so happy. I just got a notice that the seller wants to cancel my order for this R2-D2.

Thanks Darth Cruel,

Feel sorry for the cancel order, what's the reason from the seller?

Did anyone received a 'NO' from HK also? :(

Seller claims they are out of stock.

I think I will get a new one of the phones and paint my current one as one of the black R2 units.

DC, who did you buy yours from? I received a shipping notice from the Hong Kong seller this morning. It's amazing how proportionally accurate and detailed this R2 looks, considering its price point. I see an ebay seller in Singapore is selling this for $20 (local pickup only, apparently). It makes you wonder what this is actually selling for in stores if these ebay sellers are making any profit. Now if only Taito will produce a 1/6 C-3PO "clock" and we'll be all set.

DC, who did you buy yours from? I received a shipping notice from the Hong Kong seller this morning. It's amazing how proportionally accurate and detailed this R2 looks, considering its price point. I see an ebay seller in Singapore is selling this for $20 (local pickup only, apparently). It makes you wonder what this is actually selling for in stores if these ebay sellers are making any profit. Now if only Taito will produce a 1/6 C-3PO "clock" and we'll be all set.

skyblueshopshk...who did you get yours from?

Yep, I ordered from that same guy, through the link in this thread. Did you ask if he plans to list more?

Back