1/6 scale R2D2 from Taito

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I sanded my seam off and repainted it. Looks ok.

I'd worry too much about ruining the Sideshow version to risk sanding it.

But I sanded the seam off the Taito version and gave it a repaint, turned out great.

IMG_0443.JPG
attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
Man that Taito is so nice looking with a bit of paint... i"m hoping the value tanks a bit now that Sideshow's is out. I wouldn't mind replacing the Hasbro R2 I have as an accessory to Yoda's hut.

I put one on eBay my ad is on sales page since I'm buying the sideshow. But you probably can find it on eBay with a search 1/6 taito

Last edited:
here is some photos of my custom working lite up taito r2-d2. I added lights from the ssc r2 d2 since im waiting for a new dome and had to show that I destroyed it. I used the dlx r2 switch board and dremel out the guts on the inside of the dome removed the three light sockets so I can put the sideshow r2 sockets into the slots where the old taito one`s where. I then carved out the back panel to where you can see the flashing lights. I will be doing the same to the front panel as well. it`s not done yet. but the best part the sensor switch still works when you touch side of the dome and the lights still shut off :yess:r2 taito 2.jpg r2 taito 1.jpg

Hi, for those who got this, does the middle leg has any latching mechanism at all? On mine when the leg is pulled out all the way, it can stay ok when stationary, but if I push it a little bit the leg will start to retract. Do you guys have the same issue?

My little weekend project, I didn't repaint it but just added some weathering and topcoat, I was going for the ESB cloud city semi-dirty look XD

P1090831.JPG

Taito scale is spot-on next to Taito, SSC about 10% too small. Details on Taito aren't bad but they are pretty simplistic in places.

I was going to buy another SSC R2 but decided to get a second Taito instead.

I checked eBay. Unfortunately all they have is the thermos one. I'd like to get one with the extendable third leg :/ but I'm too late to the party lol

I have one that I modded. I sanded the dome to get rid of the seams and repainted the whole thing. It's not great looking but you could always strip it down and start again if you didn't like it. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1448803968.146027.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1448803984.148649.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1448804046.796838.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1448804107.048185.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1448804135.264712.jpg
He is a bit wider and just a hair taller than the sideshow. Nothing some added wheels to the SS wouldn't fix. I was just using it as a background piece for my Dagoba display but I could part with it if anyone is interested. I'm kinda partial to it but I have full confidence HT will be making l the droids eventually.

Back