1/6 scale R2D2 from Taito

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where's the suggestion box? I want a 3-PO "clock", a Tarkin "clock", and a Chewie "clock". :lol Get on it Taito

Yeah Lordscum, yours has got to be pretty close. I'm in western NY, maybe ours were even in the same spot at one point. Sandcrawler buddies so-to-speak, rumbling along the Thruway in a beat up USPS truck, waiting to be pawned off on their future owners. Utini!!

I bet your right , still sucks that I probably won't see until Monday but keeping my fingers crossed it will be tomorrow.

I want to see an IG-88 clock , a General Grevious clock , a Battle Droid Comamnder clock.....

Got Taito R2 tonight. Love him!! Sorry Hasbro R2, you're gone! As promised, here are some pics. Oh yeah, I guess it's a clock too. Go figure:lol

"Clock" with Gonk

IMG_1980.jpg

"Clock" with his Hasbro buddy

IMG_1979.jpg

"Clock" with pilot Luke

IMG_1981.jpg

My Ceremony lineup in progress

IMG_1978.jpg

Sorry I'm no photographer, but at least you get the jist of how cool this is.

nice..........................:yess:

he looks pretty damn good............................for a droid.....:)

Great figures you got there, Darth_IMPoor
I like your Ceremony custom. :clap

Darthgothikus, thank you for the medi C3PO picture. :goodpost:
Guess I have to wait for SS, I hope.

Mine came today , better than I expected for an item who's primary function is a clock , it makes a damn fine 1:6 figure as well.

Yeah, the Hasbro vests couldn't be much poofier:lol I cut 3 ribs off the bottom and about 1/4" off the sides, but between the older SS body, the poofy vest and the way the chest box sits, it still looks that way. Some of the other guys that have custom X-Wing pilots have better solutions. I'm OK with it for now.

Not unlike the R2, he's a good stand-in until the eventual SS release.

Almost here......

2010/12/10- International item arrived in Canada and will be reviewed by Customs

Pics to follow. :)

I think you'll be pleased. It was worth going through the frustration of getting the money refunded because of the first sellers B.S. , which how would he know they were even defective unless he opened all of them .

I didn't mind paying a little extra plus shipping , the seller was honest and was great at communicating and the R2 is probably the best 1:6 scale figure that happens to have a clock er a clock that happens to be a figure thats out there right now.

The seller also wasn't kidding about the box being very flimsy but its worth keeping since its a pretty unique item.

Last edited:
Out to shovel my driveway (in my second straight day off) because

Item out for delivery

:yess: Pictures to follow.

It's a pretty good piece. The scale is perfect and the price is even better.

:lol It's funny you guys are as excited for getting this figure as you are for any Sideshow release!

SCORE!!!!!!!!!!! Some quick pics as it just arrived--

With little HasBRO.

Hangin' out on the wrong side of the tracks.

:fireworks:r2d2line:fireworks Soooooooooooooooooo worth it. Best "clock" I ever bought. Makes me feel verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry sorry for the folks who forked over $200 for the Medi version when this is out there.

:yess:

SWEET! Actually, mine arrived today too, even though the postal site said it was still in processing. :cuckoo:

Its a really SWEET piece and the seller shipped it in a great box that protected it nicely. Sadly, I can't open mine yet. I have a wicked DEADLINE and my son's Christmas play is tonight! ARGH! Pics to follow when I can FINALLY open it! :monkey2

NICE PICS Darthneil! :wave

Back