1/6 scale R2D2 from Taito

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've given this a 2nd shot as well. It sucks "Free Shipping" seems to have magically disappeared, which is now why I suspect there were so many "defective" ones in the last auction. But as a 1/6 item that looks as good as it does in the prior comparison pics, the price is still reasonable.

If it doesn't get canceled in the next couple days, I'll start being a little more optimistic.

I grabbed one, as well. The only thing that kinda sucks is the estimated shipping date - "Between December 27 - January 7," which, of course I didn't notice until after I sent payment. Ah well. This little guy looks worth the wait.

I didn't notice that? I only see: "Our orders will be shipped from our warehouse within 1 business day (Monday - Friday). It usually takes 8-15 business days for your order to USA/UK/Australia (8-25 days to Canada)."

Darth_IMPoor, I too hope they don't get canceled.

I've given this a 2nd shot as well. It sucks "Free Shipping" seems to have magically disappeared, which is now why I suspect there were so many "defective" ones in the last auction. But as a 1/6 item that looks as good as it does in the prior comparison pics, the price is still reasonable.

If it doesn't get canceled in the next couple days, I'll start being a little more optimistic.

If it does get canceled again I will be leaving negative feedback and tearing him a new one in a pm.

I sent the link to the first guy and said maybe the second guy could help him find some. I alreadt refused to cancel the auction. I am not normally a jerk. But I am getting tired of people playing this game on ebay.

Yours is cool as well! Where did the Lone Ranger come from??

Thanks. I made him. The thread is in the Customs section, but it's buried 10x over. Either 1) Not alot of love for LR or 2) Nobody was impressed. No biggy. I like it.

I'd love a cool Ace figure. That level of customization is out of my league right now. I'd make the Creatures outfit. I don't know how to make anything, just put stuff together that already exists.

But back to R2, I really hope this pans out this time. It will make an excellent placeholder until Sideshow. The size/scale improvement over the Hasbro is really what's peaking my curiosity.

Thanks. I made him. The thread is in the Customs section, but it's buried 10x over. Either 1) Not alot of love for LR or 2) Nobody was impressed. No biggy. I like it.

I'd love a cool Ace figure. That level of customization is out of my league right now. I'd make the Creatures outfit. I don't know how to make anything, just put stuff together that already exists.

But back to R2, I really hope this pans out this time. It will make an excellent placeholder until Sideshow. The size/scale improvement over the Hasbro is really what's peaking my curiosity.

Not a bad custom , With the way you did the mask you could always convert him to Zorro.

I'd love some Kiss 1:6 scale figures , just not going to buy the Medicoms! The originals Megos still aren't bad. Creatures is probably one of my top 3 Kiss albums. The outfit you made can double for The Elder and Creatures since its the same . I love the Elder as well.

Got R2 for exactly the same reason and its a nice cheap altrenative to the Medicom and its the proper scale.

Wish you guys successfully receive this droid. I be awaiting to see your postings. :wave

JustinLuck, Outstanding pictures you posted. :hi5:

I have been busy painting my hasbro R2 these days.

Guess what I turned it to? :wink1:

IMG_3596.jpg

IMG_3595.jpg

I didn't notice that? I only see: "Our orders will be shipped from our warehouse within 1 business day (Monday - Friday). It usually takes 8-15 business days for your order to USA/UK/Australia (8-25 days to Canada)."

Yeah, if you're logged into eBay, the shipping estimate appears right in the beginning of the listing, under the BUY IT NOW button. The latest auctions have been changed yet again! Now it reads: "Delivery: Estimated between Mon. Jan. 3 and Fri. Jan. 14." This is getting more and more shady by the minute. Here's hoping we actually GET these R2s.

I contacted the seller and I guess its a differnt seller than the first one I bought it from and was refunded . The names are very similar though.

He said that mine would ship on Monday . You have to take the shipping time that ebay states with a big grain of salt . They are covering themselves since they want you to wait a certian length of time before you file a claim.

Its shipping Air Mail and I've had several toys and LP's ship from Japan and Hong Kong it takes 8-10 days to arrive .

Justinluck got his in about 8 days. Ebays estimate is if it shipped the cheapest method which is buy boat which can take over a month.

And, this time of year, I find that things ship pretty quick. :pray:

POST PICS once you all get yours! :wave

The sellr told me that he get them directly from Taito ,he even said that if the clock doesn't work her would fix it. I on't care about the clock but it would be nice if it works because you never know.

Sucks about Irving Kirscher , Empire is a masterpiece thanks to him!

Leslie Neilson passed away as well, most know him as a commedian but the Commaner of the planetary expidtion team in Forbidden Planet one of the best Sc-fi films ever.

The sellr told me that he get them directly from Taito ,he even said that if the clock doesn't work her would fix it. I on't care about the clock but it would be nice if it works because you never know.

Sucks about Irving Kirscher , Empire is a masterpiece thanks to him!

Leslie Neilson passed away as well, most know him as a commedian but the Commaner of the planetary expidtion team in Forbidden Planet one of the best Sc-fi films ever.

Irvin Kershner and Leslie Nielsen... [Sometimes spelling does need to be corrected on the internet.]

I didn't check my e-mail (at home) before heading out but I'll do so when I get home later-- hopefully my shipping notice went out as well.

Back