1:6 scale Gonk kit

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What would be the basic "go to" paint colour for an ANH version of one of these?

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

Yeah cool packaging but hopefully there's a way to ship two gonks in one box? I'm getting a gonk and a gonk+donut - just hoping that doesn't mean two separate "gonk boxes" have to be shipped?

What would be the basic "go to" paint colour for an ANH version of one of these?

If you want to keep it simple a Tamiya gunmetal for the body and a sliver for the legs/feet. Two Tamiya lacquer spray cans are more expensive, but Tamiya makes the same colors in small paint pots (couple of bucks) that will look as good as the prop's body is kinda rough anyway.

It's not hugely necessary (the HT version seems to have fairly subtle weathering) but any wash color from a dull rust type color to a grease type color could then be applied.

If you choose to weather, basically: just buy a small jar of Tamiya weathering color of your choice, thin it with water, then apply a wash, then put some paint on an older larger brush, stamp it a few times on paper and lightly brush some "dry brush" grime over the wash.

Yeah cool packaging but hopefully there's a way to ship two gonks in one box? I'm getting a gonk and a gonk+donut - just hoping that doesn't mean two separate "gonk boxes" have to be shipped?

I'll stick your two Gonks boxes in a larger box so there should only be a single shipping charge :duff

Jas

I'll stick your two Gonks boxes in a larger box so there should only be a single shipping charge :duff

Jas

Great!

Is int'l shipping somewhat normal from the UK right now, or will this need to wait another few weeks for the situation to stablize further?

If you want to keep it simple a Tamiya gunmetal for the body and a sliver for the legs/feet. Two Tamiya lacquer spray cans are more expensive, but Tamiya makes the same colors in small paint pots (couple of bucks) that will look as good as the prop's body is kinda rough anyway.

It's not hugely necessary (the HT version seems to have fairly subtle weathering) but any wash color from a dull rust type color to a grease type color could then be applied.

If you choose to weather, basically: just buy a small jar of Tamiya weathering color of your choice, thin it with water, then apply a wash, then put some paint on an older larger brush, stamp it a few times on paper and lightly brush some "dry brush" grime over the wash.
Thanks man I appreciate the detailed reply. I have a store near me that stocks Tamiya so I'll just have to wait until they open.

I was so hyped for the HT release but I guess this guy and the Sideshow Jawas are the way to go now.

Wanted to share this paint-up Scratchbuilder is working on!
Can't wait to start painting mine!
IMG_1503.jpg

I'm mulling getting a third to do a heavily customized version of either the Mos Eisley streets gonk or the Lars homestead one.

I'm mulling getting a third to do a heavily customized version of either the Mos Eisley streets gonk or the Lars homestead one.

I can't wait to see everyone's paint jobs!
Kits ship today!

Scratchbuilder posted this photo today of the first batch going out for delivery. I'm unsure if there is a rose inside every package too but you never know [emoji23]
6dea8b86282dd8357af31da48db646ad.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back