1:6 scale Gonk kit

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking forward to seeing the first batch. Scratchbuilder just posted on twitter to say that the 2nd batch should be completed and shipped within the next two weeks.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

Mine hasn't had any updates since June 10, but I'm sure it's on the way. Never ordered from the UK so don't know what time is typical.

Mine has arrived. These turned out great! I am looking forward to working on it.

Thanks again Jason.

20200615_192743.jpg

20200615_182826.jpg
20200615_182911.jpg
20200615_182855.jpg

Last edited:
Does the kit just come as 3 pieces, body and 2 legs/cables, or are the smaller details (like the two "bumps" on the upper body etc) also separate?

The positioning of the "bumps" on the left side seem to be higher on the earlier pics Scratchbuilder showed vs Chakaman's more recent pic. The Chaka gonk seems to have them lower/centered? Do you glue those on, or do they come affixed?

Not sure if Chaka is going for a different gonk, but the sandcrawler gonk has them in that higher position as originally shown or on Rusty's original sculpt.

r0SnzuW.png

How is it possible to order this kit? The builder doesn't respond to neither PM here on forum nor FB messages.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Does the kit just come as 3 pieces, body and 2 legs/cables, or are the smaller details (like the two "bumps" on the upper body etc) also separate?

The positioning of the "bumps" on the left side seem to be higher on the earlier pics Scratchbuilder showed vs Chakaman's more recent pic. The Chaka gonk seems to have them lower/centered? Do you glue those on, or do they come affixed?

Not sure if Chaka is going for a different gonk, but the sandcrawler gonk has them in that higher position as originally shown or on Rusty's original sculpt.

r0SnzuW.png

The kit comes in three pieces, the body and 2 legs/cables. All the small details are already attached onto the body.

How is it possible to order this kit? The builder doesn't respond to neither PM here on forum nor FB messages.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Guys as most of you know during the week I work full time in a busy Hospital (& 24 hours on call) so extremely busy most days even more so with the current crisis so please bear with me :impatient:

The kit comes in three pieces, the body and 2 legs/cables. All the small details are already attached onto the body.

Oh bummer - can it be popped off and moved up? I assumed the separate 3D printed pieces had a notch underneath to locate them on the body but maybe not?

This is the correct positioning of that part, its supposed to be almost touching the top edge of the body, not further down and vertically centralized as it is on Chakaman's:

WAmrdDq.png

Seems like the earlier gonk assemblies had it almost positioned correctly, so maybe some people are getting it glued correctly while others have it glued in a centralized position? I'll have to check where the back exhaust ports and rectangular slots are positioned, though maybe those do have notches in the body to locate them?

Apologies for the silence but please be assured this build is still alive :yess:
As you can imagine things have got very real at work, front line healthcare is a scary place at the best of times but during this COVID-19 stress & workloads have extremely demanding, so I need a little chill-time when I eventually get back home :medic

Any who......I have remade brand new moulds and have 3 unpainted all ready to go.

View attachment 482432

Will update as and when I can

Stay safe people

Jas

Here's a couple new pics-

View attachment 475160

Thanks to Scratchbuilder, the prototype is done and ready for Pete the Painter to do his magic! Can't wait to see them!
PM me to get on the list and we'll have final pricing info available soon!

View attachment 472028

Looking forward to seeing the first batch. Scratchbuilder just posted on twitter to say that the 2nd batch should be completed and shipped within the next two weeks.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

Looking forward to getting mine from the second batch.

The FedEx Sandcrawler has dropped of me Gonks :yess:
Cleanest casts I have seen :clap

5FBA23DB-F7B5-4042-A937-6399235E8A10.jpg

RustyJ V2 and V1 comparison.
Someone lost their fancy hat :monkey3

66978AD2-B430-42BE-9207-6DB14CBCA734.jpg

Jawas for scale.

436DAC90-2685-4DCC-AA21-BDF33B9FBEAA.jpg

Jas/Scratchbuilder, could you empty your inbox? Trying to Pm you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back