1:6 scale Gonk kit

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just finished painting mine! Great seeing my sculpt on the shelf!
Thanks ScratchBuilder!
IMG_1689.jpg

Painted body by hand with brush. Drybrushing and pastels. Legs were chrome spray can with black wash.

Looks sweet as a nut J. How did you paint it? Spray can, brush or airbrush?

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

Reading some of the feedback from the first batch, I'll be sending batch No2 out as proper kits.

Making cleaning, wet sanding, any filing and painting much easier and getting them sent out much quicker also if you guys inadvertently break anything in the building process replacement parts will be much quicker and cheaper to ship /swap etc.

Gonk_Kit_02.JPG

Awesome so with a little tinkering we could add fibre optics or leds to these little guys. Very cool. I'm thinking a Battery box inside powering 5 leds. Have the two halves connect with magnets for ease of turning it on and off.

To all the guys involved in this project. It's an amazing product you guys are producing!!

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Hi Rusty,
Your PMs are full. I can't respond to you.

Reading some of the feedback from the first batch, I'll be sending batch No2 out as proper kits.

Making cleaning, wet sanding, any filing and painting much easier and getting them sent out much quicker also if you guys inadvertently break anything in the building process replacement parts will be much quicker and cheaper to ship /swap etc.

View attachment 488163

Oh man now I need a Version 2.1! :lol
I think can live with the cylinders a bit lower. Big thanks to RustyJ and Scratch for providing such a clean and accurate ANH Gonk :D

Anyone else's shipment not showing any movement? Last scan was June 10 in the UK. Wasn't sure how long the wait usually was for it to hit the US.

Mine took just over a week (Los Angeles). No movement from the UK and no customs scan. Just a sudden notification of delivery day of :dunno

Just got mine, it is bigger in hand than I thought! Wonderful kit. Just to double-check, were there any lights on the Sandcrawler version? I could not see any in photos.

Looking forward to receiving mine. Paid the balance yesterday and will need to pick up a Coco base to display along with my second set of SS Jawas!

Any chance we can get a WED-15-77 Treadwell droid project next?... :wink1:

Wed15-77.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back