1:6 scale Gonk kit

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Got my Tamiya Gunmetal spray paint delivered today. Roll on the delivery of my GONK!

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

Looking forward to receiving mine. Paid the balance yesterday and will need to pick up a Coco base to display along with my second set of SS Jawas!

Any chance we can get a WED-15-77 Treadwell droid project next?... :wink1:

View attachment 488323

Yes... any unofficially offered droids are highly welcome :D
Big ok? R1?
Anybody down for R4 replacement heads for SSC R2 units?
RustyJ previously gauged interest which was low.

Gonk 02.jpg

I went all grimy on mine.

All parts on this last run are now done, i'm letting everything fully cure overnight then will do a little bit of clean up of some resin flash then start boxing up for shipping early next week.

Please note that with all naked resin kits there will be some cleaning up, fine filling, wet sanding and washing with soapy water etc needed to prep for final paint.

The main cast parts (cream) are polyurethane resin and the (grey) are DLP prints which are photo-polymer resin.

I'll get some pics up tomorrow, any questions or advice needed to prep your kit just let me know.

Jas

I'm guessing normal super glue will hold all parts in place?

I'm guessing normal super glue will hold all parts in place?

I don't know if the pros have better advice, but at least use gel superglue. It's so much easier to control.

Either a good quality gel super glue or a 2 part epoxy should be fine.
Make sure any contact faces are keyed (roughed up) and clean.

A high coverage Acrylic primer works great if applied in 2 or 3 thin coats (1st coat may need rubbing down once cured)

Had a lot on this weekend so slightly behind with shipping but should get everything out by the end of the week.

Gonk Kit.jpg

Jas

Shot of my Gonk 2.0 Big thanks to RustyJ & Scratchbuilder for making this happen.

B729BDAB-1E5F-454A-84AE-A2396E1E9477.jpg

...and another for scale.

1FCE4D97-CD10-4BDB-8CD8-47537D047B98.jpg

Great job D.R.37!

Has anyone tried to mod the feet to ball joints? I'm not going to be able to work on mine for a long time, so interested to see if anyone gives it a shot.

Thanks Gents! :duff

Great job D.R.37!

Has anyone tried to mod the feet to ball joints? I'm not going to be able to work on mine for a long time, so interested to see if anyone gives it a shot.

The weight of the body is the main factor in adding any articulation; would need some very tight joints... possibly ratcheting. I would be interested in seeing someone do this as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back