1/6 scale Diana Prince (Hot Toys Wonder Woman) custom figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BwqRPloynZdS.jpg After all the modifications to neck of HTS sculpt (getting it to fit snug) I feel more confident moving forward with this project. I still need a darker color Phicen body with a darker skin tone (hopefully the Sparta Warrior figure will match and can actually be found on second hand market and at a good price lol). I think where she is now looks good because it's resembling something Diana Prince would wear as she goes to work on an autumn morning in D.C.

Attachments

• RTOkdZ80KMIx.jpg
    RTOkdZ80KMIx.jpg
    182.7 KB · Views: 70
After all the scull caps and knitted tobogans I got off ebay, I decided my homemade headband works best. Headbands have been popular since Ancient Greece. But they became very popular as a woman's assecory in the 1920s. Designers like Paul Poinet created elaborate headbands for women with jewels and giant feathers. I am still looking for hats that will work for this sculpt but the point is: If you decide to make a Diana Prince custom you have options. 1) The Training Armor sculpt won't have a tiara so if you have patience wait because you don't have to worry about head wear!!!!!!!!!! 2) If like me you have no patience and don't want to wait until this time next year (Oct 2018) to make a custom you can use the Knock-off or the HTs BVS authentic WW head sculpt (pictured in the last several post on this thread). You will have to find a way to cover the tiara in a way that looks logical. And you'll have to find an outfit that logically makes sense with the head wear you choose. Also you need a body with matching skin tone. If the HTs seamless body made for WW had relaxed arms I would have used that because of skin tone alone. I don't have a plethora of different headless female bodies. I have a box of the no head female Phicen figures made for HTS (S09C, S06B, S12D - these are the ones used in these pics). But none of them are a 100% match. The Phicen suntan body is still too dull colored and too pale to match the sculpt. The Knock-off head sculpt is a 90% match or higher. The authentic HTS sculpt is only a 75% match with these Phicen bodies. HTS made WW's skin tone very human like. So if you use the authentic BVS WW sculpt and a Phicen body (unless you don't care about tone matching), you'll also need to find ways to minimize the skin color's differences (via the clothing, hair, accessories et). You can view all the attempts at my Diana Prince with the following links. Link 1 is with the HTS BVS head sculpt. Links 2&3 are using the Knock-off. You'll be able to see the subtle differences between the knockoff and the authentic via paint and skin tone. 1) https://myalbum.com/album/xUg0HC2PEIRt 2) https://myalbum.com/album/l3UXXR0OabKk 3) https://myalbum.com/album/dQE7pP4d9qmu

2PnKMK5045ci.jpg Better light shows (even when dressed in a way to hide skin tone), how big the difference is between the very dark tanned HTs head sculpt and the Phicen S09C (old suntan Phicen made for HTs). It's as close as I can get these to match but I'm still searching for Phicen Sparta Warrior figure. I've heard from a fellow basher that this is the darkest tanned of all the Phicen.

KRfEq3E1nwu9.jpg Also AFM, thanks again for recommending the glasses, but even those small framed/rimmed glasses look bulky with head wear. I'll post some pics to the album so you can see what I mean.

v4AYKu6fEX5H.jpg BACK TO THE KNOCK-OFF (for just a second). Looking at my custom tonight, I got incredibly frustrated with the "head wear." No matter what I put on the sculpt's head, hats change the appearance of Gadot too much (by hiding too much of her face). And in terms of a Diana Prince custom, I'm keep asking: "Why would she be wearing a hat here?" I decided against making a movie accurate custom from her look in WW because: A) that ensemble is hard to find in action figure 1/6 scale/anything close to it is Barbie related, B) I'm completely over the hat thing; C) I don't love women's clothing from the 1930s. I did do a few things I've never done. 1) I went back to the Knock-off sculpt after beginning work with the authentic HTS sculpt. And that's cool, especially for such a project - the KO is a close color match with the Phicen figures I own and color of KO's skin/paint is decent; it also has basically the same "baseline" facial portrait (even though the several obvious differences really stand out when compared side by side here; and those differences keep me loving my HTS sculpt(s) - they're simply more realistic/prettier & more attractive/better et-even when harder to work with). 2) I took off the hair piece and cut it into sections. And I combined it with a Scarlet Witch head sculpt wig to make one wig with bangs. This isn't the final draft but I like being able to cover the tiara without a bloody hat!!!! LO(*****king)L!!!! ****Also, the hair is the exact same color hair as KO's wig but looks darker because I had to use hairspray to tame the bangs and at night dark brown hair often looks black when photographed. To be continued...........

I WON'T USE Knock-off sculpts for my final work. Knock-offs are great for first/throw away drafts of a custom figure. I'm a Hot Toys enthusiasts all the way. And for a custom build, you can't beat a HTS head sculpt (all pics following the one below are of the authentic sculpt). No matter what your final conclusions are regarding the HTS BVS WW sculpt - it has all the details I've come to count on from HTS and once again, THEY DELIVERED!!!!!

Attachments

• g0uorUT7v2P6.jpg
    g0uorUT7v2P6.jpg
    174.8 KB · Views: 92
KG9eYNsz3VDR.jpgM5yjakRjiIqa.jpg AND WITH THE AUTHENTIC HTS BVS WONDER WOMAN HEAD SCULPT: Well it took a month but I finally found a way to make Hot Toys WW actually look like Gal Gadot/a figure with a good quality head sculpt/a figure that makes me feel good about my purchase and can stand next to my other Phicen bashes et. I ADDED BANGS. The sole reason for doing this was (like with the head wear) to hide the non-removable tiara while on display as Diana Prince. I got obsessed with it. I practiced first with the knock-off sculpt. Then recreated the steps with the authentic HTS sculpt. For those interested: 1) Remove hair peice 2) Using thick amounts of hair from a similar color and lenth hair peice (for example, I used hair from a Knock-off AOU Scarlet Witch head sculpt), cut an inch of hair and glue it to a strip of plastic, paper or foam. Let this dry. 3) Glue the plastic strip w/hair into the front part of original hair peice. 4) Reattach hair peice to figure. 5) Pull back the hair on the original hair peice and pour boiling water over the new bangs so they lay flat without hairspray, hair products et. 6) Cut and style bangs so tiara remains hidden 7) And 8) Whatever final touches you need (for me: wash with Dawn or tide, condition with fabric softener, comb and dry-I avoid using human hair products on synthetic hair - look what the hairspray did!!!!!!!!!!). Simple right?!?!

zcldGfQ3PFeS.jpgxtOxKWh9wnXI.jpg Ok, so now that I have a legitimate Gal Gadot HTS head sculpt for my build - any suggestions on the outfit!?!?

COZDlHlrHiBQ.jpg Rooting the hair like this takes patience but it's relatively easy to do (if you have the parts and you want an authentic HTS Gal Gadot head sculpt). Directions are a few post back but feel free to ask if you have any questions. I LOVE having a HTS sculpt of Gadot!!!! IMO the bangs bring out her facial features better.

Back