1/6 scale Diana Prince (Hot Toys Wonder Woman) custom figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
9jUvMCfqCZJJ.jpgaf3mRkuVr0Kf.jpg i8tlg7pwvI3y.jpgOK, for the moment I've decided to forget about doing a WW II custom. I'm just not into that look enough to spend time and money with all the (IMO) "Mary Poppins" style outfits associated with women's clothing from the 1940s. So, I'm sticking to the modern Diana Prince based on Gal Gadot's WW. I've played around with various hats (from male and female figures and dolls) and the "skull-cap" is (for me) the best choice while working with this sculpt. Again I hope a third party company will make a sculpt without the tiara (remember the Cat Toys sculpt of Harley they made for the first release of HQ? It has rooted hair not sculpted and it's incredible). Any suggestions on an outfit (especially with a link to item) are greatly appreciated. Also, the skull-cap in these pics is fairly easy to find: https://m.ebay.com/itm/1-6-Asian-Be...3A9b92d37715e0ac8074bb9ff3ffdba712%7Ciid%3A14

Oops, sorry for any incorrect information. WONDER WOMAN was set during WW I. I always get it confused because of the TV show where Lynda Carter's WW is battling Nazi from WW II.

S8GyqVAeO8Tp.jpg Pic no#1 with authentic Hot Toys BVS Wonder Woman head sculpt. I caved and got a parted out BVS WW sculpt for my Diana Prince. It's just more dynamic obviously. No clothing changes, just pay attention to sculpt in pics that follow compared to before. More and ongoing pictures (see next post for working link) @https://myalbum.com/album/xUg0HC2PEIRt. There are several similarities and differences between the authentic HTS sculpt and the Knock-off 1.0. There always are. But color of skin is not one of them. The skin tone on both sculpts is very tan (she is a Greek Goddess et). If you are using a P/TBL body make sure to use the HTS SUNTAN versions (S02A/mid-bust, S06B, S09C and S12D/removable feet). Any of these will give you a near perfect (dependent on your definition of/94%) color match. I've heard the same is true about the Phicen boxed figures produced during this phase, but more on that later. If you are bashing at this point in this figure's evolution the authentic sculpt is "hands down" the better option. Of course, you still have to cover the crown but you can do it easily. Authentic has the better paint, better details, better rooted hair (much, MUCH better) et. You can't beat a HTS head sculpt for your customs.

Attachments

• 0WZgP2bHa6lq.jpg
    0WZgP2bHa6lq.jpg
    154.2 KB · Views: 89
EDIT*the HTS sculpt actually has a more colorful (but not necessarily darker) skin tone vs. the Knock-off (again, better paint).

I am going to wait until someone does a head sculpt of her without the tiara. I seriously do NOT want to put a hat on her. Looks kinda off with a hat on.

I am going to wait until someone does a head sculpt of her without the tiara. I seriously do NOT want to put a hat on her. Looks kinda off with a hat on.

It's a smart idea. If I had patience, I'd do the same thing! Lol!!! But I love the skull caps!!!! They change her appearance enough to get a genuine Diana Prince custom (I've always thought the glasses on Superman and Wonder Woman were too precious as a disguise).

But all ego aside, working to make a custom via this head sculpt is not easy. If you're like me and enjoy using the Phicen stainless steel skeleton figures get ready to re-learn how to make a female figure. Hot Toys made this sculpt to fit their seamless body. It's compatability with other bodies (regarding skin tone, neck post/neck peg adapter/head size to body size ratio and more) is a challenge to create. I got the authentic HTS sculpt yesterday and was Soooooo excited all I saw were the pro's. But depending on your personal tastes, compatibility between the BVS HTS WW sculpt and the "HOT Toys Suntan" Phicen/TBLeague figure is between 75%-93%. Attaching head to body will require modification. Remember getting a HTS BW head sculpt and needing to dremel the head's neck peg adapter to make it fit the Phicen? That's a thing of the past. This sculpt's neck post is so deep when you put the head on, it slips all the way down to figure's shoulders. You'll either need lots of puddy or add extra rubber or plastic so it will fit (still WIP-will update when I find a method that works/holds the head sturdy in the right place). And finally, back to the tiara and hats et: If making a Diana Prince with a hat doesn't suit you-wait until the TA version is released. It obviously is tiara free. To be continued..........

pHAZWKGRiOEM.jpgBEWAHvR0ws2b.jpg Authentic HTS sculpt. Also if anyone has suggestions about hats, headgear et please post! Thanks!!!

lDNIq7TSEmPP.jpgSjKNghFpqBot.jpgxZF0s3ytvINQ.jpg **********This question is off topic.********* Which portrait/head sculpt (all and any elements of head sculpts are fair discussion) do you think is an example of Hot Toys best work? 1) 1st attempt at Elizabeth Olsen as Scarlet Witch (AOU)? 2) 4th attempt at Scarlett Johansson as Black Widow (AOU)? OR 3) 1st attempt at Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman (BVS)? AND Why? *********Also, do you think this is a fair or valid comparison? Yes, no and why? (all of the above are Phicen bashes)

Has anyone else attempted to fit the authentic Hot Toys WW head sculpt to a Phicen body? If yes, how did you manage to fit them together sturdily and tightly? The neck peg is so deep inside the head if snapped on without modification, her chin is resting at her shoulder level. If you've found a way to make this match work (or work with a different figure but similar head to neck situation), will you please share your suggestions, ideas; solutions et? Thanks.

Ok, I figured out one way to solve the delima described above. I needed the neck peg adapter in the sculpt to be a little bit longer. So I cut a spare adapter into 4ths. I glued 1/4 of the spare to the inserted original neck peg adapter and after drying with flowing heat and flowing cool air for over 10 minutes placed the sculpt securely. Modification allows the head to sit on the Phicen neck post tight and solid; without globs of tape or puddy et. I'm sure there are other ways to do it but it worked! Lol. Praising God right now!!!!

Back