1/6 PLAY TOY P018 Queen (Amidala)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have their Bride figure and still think the likeness is pretty decent on it, although I did have to repaint and reroot the hair.

View attachment 631982
They’ve certainly done a good job with the paint. With Padmé they can’t mess it up too much with that white makeup, as long as the sculpt is there. How decent is the fabric on the jumpsuit and are the bodies comparable to Hot Toys? Not that the body’s the biggest concern with Amidala, it’ll be mostly hidden under that dress.

Last edited:
Definitely getting this. I’ve got a shameful bottom shelf of TPM side characters so I can now retire my old a Hasbro Queen Amidala and will be adding this version to the main TPM display.
ED70C4AA-5642-4726-9765-05C6EA804841.jpeg

Definitely getting this. I’ve got a shameful bottom shelf of TPM side characters so I can now retire my old a Hasbro Queen Amidala and will be adding this version to the main TPM display.
View attachment 631991

If I had a dollar for every time I saw someone here with that Hasbro Queen Amidala doll in their 1:6 collection, I'd only have two dollars but it's weird that it's happened twice.

The bodies on these were always such garbage. I would doubt she could hold a museum pose even with a stand 😂 but boy does the proto look pretty good. C'mon hot toys...give me a queen

Kind of a shame that the character is known more for the 5000 outfits she wore than anything else. Lol
Not if you’re one of the costume designers.
How many memorable character/outfit designs were there from the Sequel trilogy?.. Exactly.

You’ve just got to acknowledge great work when you see it and Padme’s outfits were homerun after homerun. Considering how every Jedi wore near identical, beige desert robes, you can’t help but appreciate Padme busting out extravagant outfit ater outfit.

Characterisations weren’t particularly rich in the prequels but they were a near constant visual and sonic feast.

All in all, Padme gets a better deal than most in the prequels if the outfits are her most mentioned trait.

- Jar Jar- insufferable buffoon
- Anakin- whiny child-killer who doesn’t like sand.
- Obi Wan- ‘Hello there’ & mullet
- Yoda- the most agile, athletic duelist of all time yet walks with a limp and a cane
- Every alien species- offensive racial stereotype
- Padme- best wardrobe in the galaxy.

See, it could be worse.

Not if you’re one of the costume designers.
How many memorable character/outfit designs were there from the Sequel trilogy?.. Exactly.

You’ve just got to acknowledge great work when you see it and Padme’s outfits were homerun after homerun. Considering how every Jedi wore near identical, beige desert robes, you can’t help but appreciate Padme busting out extravagant outfit ater outfit.

Characterisations weren’t particularly rich in the prequels but they were a near constant visual and sonic feast.

All in all, Padme gets a better deal than most in the prequels if the outfits are her most mentioned trait.

- Jar Jar- insufferable buffoon
- Anakin- whiny child-killer who doesn’t like sand.
- Obi Wan- ‘Hello there’ & mullet
- Yoda- the most agile, athletic duelist of all time yet walks with a limp and a cane
- Every alien species- offensive racial stereotype
- Padme- best wardrobe in the galaxy.

See, it could be worse.
Yeah the characters were all poorly written, but the male leads were at least given a lot more to do and had more defining character traits than just "wears a different outfit in every scene for no reason". 😄

The only thing that looks a little plastic-ky and off is the hair. The face looks great.
Be curious to see how it turns out and if they get enough interest to make other versions.

Yeah the characters were all poorly written, but the male leads were at least given a lot more to do and had more defining character traits than just "wears a different outfit in every scene for no reason". 😄
Well, she did plenty in TPM. When she wasn’t enjoying a big of pod racing while disguised as a servant girl, she was being manipulated into calling a vote of no confidence in Chancellor Valurum, thus playing an instrumental role in handing Palpatine the keys to his planned galactic empire, she negotiated an alliance with the Gungans and raised an army against the separatist droid army and personally lead a troop of Naboo guards in storming the palace at Theed to retake it and apprehend Nute Gunray and Co.
After that, she essentially just has to be protected, seduced, and then mopes around while pregnant- but at least she looked fabulous while doing it.

Luckily, Disney’s modern presentation of male characters as incompetent window dressing in need of a female saviour is making up for these past injustices…

Back