1/6 PLAY TOY P018 Queen (Amidala)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Would it be only half a body? I wonder if the lower half is a staction piece to keep the shape of the bottom of the gown.

Not one I want but fantastic to see. We need more third party stuff because hot toys aren’t going to make them.

I’m guessing davejames is referring to the upcoming Padme. To me it’s not the best comparison as the sculpts are pretty different (this Amidala is covered in makeup and the Padme has regular skin tone).

Also it wouldn’t surprise me if Hot Toys updates Padme since they recently updated the sculpt for Natalie Portman’s Jane Foster Thor figure and it looks pretty great.

Can’t really find too many reviews apart from their Woody figure. This one though, from 5 years ago, is very decent.

I wish they made one of these
EWkMB7rUMAAznO_.jpg
I like this one
231ff81361d3b6b756e927502bd1dd859f85a635.jpg

My question is will this release? It seems like we don’t get a lot of third party Star Wars releases. There are a few but not nearly as many as DC or Marvel. Seems like there’s a firmer grasp on merchandise for the Star Wars brand.

That figure came out in 2013, so if it's still the same team they've had a lot of experience since.
2013! Well, that’s even better then. It looks as good as Hot Toys offerings from around the same time. What else have they made (those that have made it to production stage)?

2013! Well, that’s even better then. It looks as good as Hot Toys offerings from around the same time. What else have they made (those that have made it to production stage)?

I can't remember, but you can search "Play Toy" with the codes P001 onwards to find their full history.

I’m guessing davejames is referring to the upcoming Padme. To me it’s not the best comparison as the sculpts are pretty different (this Amidala is covered in makeup and the Padme has regular skin tone).

Also it wouldn’t surprise me if Hot Toys updates Padme since they recently updated the sculpt for Natalie Portman’s Jane Foster Thor figure and it looks pretty great.
I just mean my overall impression of it. This seems far more impressive to me, and I think the likeness is better too. Although I obviously doubt the final paint will be as good.

Back