1:6 Old Ben Preorder Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The only flaw I see with this figure is the base body. I think someone said once they had a "fat suit" for bulkier characters, Guinness was a bit on the overweight side, so the outfit seems less full, it's a minor nitpick but if that had a "fat suit" they could add to him to make him a lil heftier, that'd be perfect, it's not as though OLD Ben needs a lot of waist articulation, the real guy didn't have it, just arms and legs for good Old Ben posing.

MaulFan said:
The only flaw I see with this figure is the base body. I think someone said once they had a "fat suit" for bulkier characters, Guinness was a bit on the overweight side, so the outfit seems less full, it's a minor nitpick but if that had a "fat suit" they could add to him to make him a lil heftier, that'd be perfect, it's not as though OLD Ben needs a lot of waist articulation, the real guy didn't have it, just arms and legs for good Old Ben posing.

I know I'll be adding a little "paunch" to my Obi Wan. He was an old man, he had paunch. :lol

Memnoch21 said:
I know I'll be adding a little "paunch" to my Obi Wan. He was an old man, he had paunch. :lol

Never heard "paunch" before, but it amuses me so it deserves quoting :)

I really hate even saying anything negative cuz the sculpt and outfit are amazing, it's just, my vision of old been is thick in the midsection, a lilttle slope outward from neck to belt line, but good idea, barring the belt accommodates it, I'll proba just add some padding myself, hadn't thought of that one.

whens the preorder?? this will be my first ss star wars piece. i only have the medicom shadow trooper as of now. i always liked ben kenobi and this is a must have. im going to add some height to my trooper soon so they look ok on the shelf.

MaulFan said:
Going by Boromir, Legolas, the Endor Troops, and the T2 line as what SSC gives for true production quality, I think the final product will be damn close to proto on this one considering that white hair is white hair, and those who have Sarah Connor know Trev's sculpts shine through great even with paint, so the hair detail shouldn't be lost. I stand by my feeling that Yavin Luke was run through production faster than standard and is no basis for judgement on quality, and the list I started with, which are the most recent human faces I can think of, have been fantastically painted and I'm not worried one bit.

I agree. I don't forsee much of an issue with the paint on this one. The skin tones especially have been pretty solid as of late. The problems with Luke as I pointed out in my review where the hair and eyes.

As far as him being heavier. I don't care. That's not something that will impact my care for the figure at all. The PF doesn't have it and it didn't stop me from getting one of the best PF pieces ever. Just not a concern for me.

I saw someone mention the ES being too small. People we can't have it both ways. People want the steam back in this line.(As if it's not there). People want larger ES so they can get one. People want smaller ES for just the opposite reasons. Well, this one has a small ES and will help anyone who feels the steam isn't there get back in. So basically. If you want this your ass better be online Thursday to make sure you get it.

Shropt said:
Let's start something new for preorders. Lets have all of the good Photoshop peeps guess what the finished paint job will look like.

Here is my guess:

obiproposedpaintjob.jpg

It'll either look pretty close to the pic on the left or I'll shell out a little extra to Josh, Les, Darren or whoever to make it look as good or better than the proto. Old Ben will be worth it. So no worries for me either way. *Mine* will look awesome, I can guarantee that. :D

jlcmsu said:
I saw someone mention the ES being too small. People we can't have it both ways. People want the steam back in this line.(As if it's not there). People want larger ES so they can get one. People want smaller ES for just the opposite reasons. Well, this one has a small ES and will help anyone who feels the steam isn't there get back in. So basically. If you want this your ass better be online Thursday to make sure you get it.

And it's a "true" exclusive...something that's cool to have but not vital. I for one won't worry about missing the window for the exclusive because I could care less about Holo Leia. I think a 1977 ES is just fine for this figure.

Now if the exclusive was the Training Remote, then I could see wanting an Inclusive Edition.

Even still, I may wait and see what the final production piece looks like and then grab one from another retailer.

Trevolver said:
a bit of a 'paunch' is a must. :D I'll be adding a little padding on mine as well

Trev

With all those robes and tabbards, will fattening out old ben really be necessary?

pixletwin said:
With all those robes and tabbards, will fattening out old ben really be necessary?

I think so, this picture kinda shows, even with the clothes, he's not plump enough.

2114_press06-001.jpg

I want him to look like this, not really fat, just thicker than the trim buck body for someone his age and physical shape.

025.jpg

jlcmsu said:
I agree. I don't forsee much of an issue with the paint on this one. The skin tones especially have been pretty solid as of late. The problems with Luke as I pointed out in my review where the hair and eyes.

As far as him being heavier. I don't care. That's not something that will impact my care for the figure at all. The PF doesn't have it and it didn't stop me from getting one of the best PF pieces ever. Just not a concern for me.

You order these things with your ass Josh? I think you need to see someone about that.

But seriously, the ES is fine--- it makes the Exclusive special. And the Exclusive is a nice touch as it's not too essential but it's a cool extra-- I think we can safely say that the Ventress so far has been announced with the most exceptional Exclusive. The holo Leia is a nice touch.

Now, back to the original matter-- can someone suggest a good proctologist to Josh--- or maybe just a therapist?:D

Hmmmmm.... I may have to join the Paunch Club then... Thanks for the pics MF. :duff

DarthNeil said:
You order these things with your ass Josh? I think you need to see someone about that.

But seriously, the ES is fine--- it makes the Exclusive special. And the Exclusive is a nice touch as it's not too essential but it's a cool extra-- I think we can safely say that the Ventress so far has been announced with the most exceptional Exclusive. The holo Leia is a nice touch.

Now, back to the original matter-- can someone suggest a good proctologist to Josh--- or maybe just a therapist?:D

I once hear of a woman who could open a Coke bottle with her.... well, nevermind... :lol

pixletwin said:
Hmmmmm.... I may have to join the Paunch Club then... Thanks for the pics MF. :duff

No problem, if you can't tell, I'm pretty close to as much an Obi-Wan/Old Ben Kenobi fan as Darth Maul, he's my absolute favorite good guy of the saga, Ewan and Alec versions.

I have the SSC George Washington and they put a paunch on him so I don't see why they can't for Old Ben. Trev did an outstanding job on him.

I hope I can get the exclusive, if not I will be on the waitlist so fast. I may try the phone first this time.

pixletwin said:
I once hear of a woman who could open a Coke bottle with her.... well, nevermind... :lol

I knew one who used to fire ping pong balls out of---- oh, never mind.

Anyone notice that we keep getting 30th Anniversary items that resonate with a certain little droid? Holo chess table... Holographic Leia...

:r2d2line Things

:r2d2line that

:r2d2line make

:r2d2line you

:r2d2line go

:r2d2line beep?

JohnyBoo said:
I have the SSC George Washington and they put a paunch on him so I don't see why they can't for Old Ben. Trev did an outstanding job on him.

Would you strip George and take some pics of how sideshow put a paunch on him?

Back