1:6 Old Ben Preorder Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a bad dream last night! Ben arrived but he turned out worst than Anakin and Yavin Luke combined! He had bright pink lips, huge black eyes, and a very soft sculpt! :eek: I just hope by sharing my dream that it won't come true!

Now with that out of the way, I'm still hoping Sideshow gets him here for X-mas!

Yeah, I was so pleased last night to check my email and see that he was coming soon. This figure is great and I'm anxiously awaiting his arrivial more so than any figure in the SW line this year. Now, if we can get the 2 Pack coming in early 08 my 07/08 will finish strong and start off strong. :rock

There will also be plenty of Regs on the secondary market so I wouldn't sweat it. If you have to have an Exclusive that is a different matter, you may have to pay a bit more.

True but even then I doubt the exclusive will go for that much more. The prices for the SW 1/6 line just don't seem to climb. And the Old Ben PF has a near perfect likeness but still doesn't command top dollar as far as I know, I doubt the 12 incher will be much different, even if it is as awesomely executed as the prototype.

I for one will probably be cancelling mine due to being more excited for Frodo, Sam, Indiana Jones, the Hot Toys POTC figures and the SW characters I already have. Worst case scenario I buy a regular Ben further down the road.

So I wanted to share with you guys, I received a PM last night asking about the 1:1 bust in my avatar because a fellow member thought it was a 1:1 based on the quality.

That's right folks, this figure ****ING ROCK!!! Trev is my hero for delivering on this one, and I just had to share that comment with you guys because that's such a testament to how well Trev captured Kenobi.

C'mon Obi-Claus, time to stop by Massachusetts :)

I'm going to love shooting this figure, there's just so much character in the face to capture, and so much quality work from Trevor to highlight, bring it on Sideshow :)

IMG_2256.jpg

The fact that Josh used a flash on that pic and he still looks good is a testament to the quality Sideshow put in to this fig.

Ya, a little futzing to straighten his clothes and some pudge added to his belly and this'll be Mini Guinness :rock

This is really a figure I'm looking forward to, which is saying a lot with all of the cool stuff coming down the pipe. But old Ben is just gonna be the ****!

yeah, all the pics of this figure make it look promising, here's to hoping it surely will not dissappoint.

Back