1/6 Medicom Kick-Ass 2 - Hit-Girl

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah. I find it a bit hypocritical too. Besides, if he abhor violence and guns way prior to the Sandy Hook massacre, he wouldn't have accepted roles in movies such as this.

It's just sad as many people think that he's done good on KA2 compared to his last movies.

I don't really get all the flak he's getting tbh. Maybe Sandy Hook had an incredible effect on him. You've never been extremely touched by something and found yourself thinking differently afterwards? Maybe he felt he was being a hypocrite by speaking our against gun violence and wanting tougher laws but then he's over here promoting an extremely violent movie. I wouldn't think he was but that doesn't mean he feels that way. Whatever, the dude had a change of heart, who gives a ****....

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

Re: 1/6 Medicom Kick-*** 2 Hit-Girl

The close-ups do look a lot better. I'm interested, but price and who else is released will be a determining factor.

I think they need to make the hair a deeper/darker purple.

Agreed... Medicom tends to go with a one color hair approach and even if this is too heavily lit, it's still just a solid color.

Might be a buy. I'd prefer the kid Kick-*** version though.

Totally agree... while this looks good, I think the weirdness of a little girl in an oversized killing costume is much more striking.

For reference I just found pictures showing the differences in the uniform between the first and second films:

Kick-A$$:

KickAHit-Girl.jpg

Kick-A$$ 2:

KickA2Hit-Girl.jpg

So they've really gone a more sexualized route with second outfit. Everything is tighter fitting and the skirt is much shorter. Again kind of losing the weird nature of the first movie's look.

I'd hardly call it sexualized...
Yeah, exactly. :lol ..& anyway - what, you want her to dress like a 10 year old in her teens? :monkey1

I liked the first film - not enough to buy it, & I'll catch the new one at some stage.

I have no interest in figures or whatnot from the series though.

Stop it with that pic!!

What is it anyways. It's ****ing scary.

I'd hardly call it sexualized...

I knew I'd get in trouble for that... but the outfit is much more feminine and tight fitting than the previous outfit. Biggest being the length and tightness of the skirt, everything else fitting tighter and they lost the chunky look of her boots. It's just an observation of how the outfit changed to be more sexualized.

Everyone get's so worried over sociological terms :lol

Well it just doesn't make sense. A super hero outfit is tight fitting now that she isn't a little kid? Wow big surprise there. I guess Kick-*** outfit was really sexualized too, same with Spiderman. Because she isn't a little kid things like the baggy outfit and the huge skirt (she was supposed to be a violent school girl thing that was the shock factor) don't really work anymore so they just went for an outfit that seems to be a more developed one for her. There isn't really anything else to it. It isn't more "sexualized" it's just more form fitting. Certain words are passable without addressing, but things like sexualized really shouldn't be randomly thrown around.

And if anyone wonders why I even press him about this, it's because there's nothing else to talk about here till Medicom gives us more info :lol

lol wonder what the price will be when it goes up for order.

Well it just doesn't make sense. A super hero outfit is tight fitting now that she isn't a little kid? Wow big surprise there. I guess Kick-*** outfit was really sexualized too, same with Spiderman. Because she isn't a little kid things like the baggy outfit and the huge skirt (she was supposed to be a violent school girl thing that was the shock factor) don't really work anymore so they just went for an outfit that seems to be a more developed one for her. There isn't really anything else to it. It isn't more "sexualized" it's just more form fitting. Certain words are passable without addressing, but things like sexualized really shouldn't be randomly thrown around.

And just to keep it going, when you take a character with a more subdued look and tighten it up, shorten the skirt (just above crotch level) then yes you are sexualizing the character. Is it applied to men, in a way but, generally men are portrayed in more powerful and imposing ways despite the funny looking costumes. It also becomes challenging to apply evenly since there are still clear power differentials between men and women in The world.

How your rationalize the changes to be beign is fine, but I still think the observation is accurate. Sexualized is appropriate because the changes between the two are subtle, yet clearly present and designe to be attractive even though the character is older.

Still, to be clear I don't think it's over the top or bad... just that the change to the oufit is pretty clear. Kind of like the big hoopla over the changes to the "Brave" princess by Disney. Nothing necessarily offensive was done, but it was a fundamental change to the design of the character in order to fit a more acceptable "form" of the princess, ie beauty.

Seeing the pics from the movies side by side, it's almost as if the costume is the same one she wore at 12 - thus the skirt is shorter because she's taller now.

And I respect Jim Carrey for his opinions - normally it will be in a star's contract that they have to help publicize the film. He's not criticizing it, just saying that he won't do the PR rounds as he normally would. Apparently Co. S&S doesn't use guns and that was what appealed to him about the character. But I can imagine he would never authorize his likeness on an action figure for this character given what he's said.

Here is a 1 6th scale hit girl first movie sculpt I did a while ago.I've been debating weather to go sculpted or real hair,also been mauling over the schoolgirl look but have yet to make a final decision.after seeing the medicom version I've been leaning toward sculpted hair.

Back