1/6 Medicom Kick-Ass 2 - Hit-Girl

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My only issue with the Play Toy version, now that I have it in hand, is that the flesh tone of the face is a bit too tan (as you can plainly see by checking out the pic above.) Other than that one issue I think it's a great Chloe likeness. One thing I do like about that first Medicom figure in the picture above, besides the fact that it has the correct flesh tone, is that the headsculpt has a younger Chloe Moretz feel to it. If the height was shorter I would almost say it could serve nicely as a "young" Hit Girl figure in comparison to the roughly 16 year old Hit-Girl that the Play Toy version represents. Of course Medicom is now producing a young version from the first Kick Ass movie so it doesn't really matter, but that first Medicom figure does have its charms.

I have a theory about Medicom's Hit-Girl figure--I think one of the reasons it looks more stylized instead of accurate to Chloe is simply that the neck is too long. So I did a little Photoshop experiment:

The first image is the standard Hit Girl.

View attachment 114288

This second image is Hit Girl with a shorter neck:

View attachment 114289

I think it makes a difference. Subtle maybe, but to me it looks more like Chloe this way. She could still use a wider face, but the shorter neck goes a long way.

I have a theory about Medicom's Hit-Girl figure--I think one of the reasons it looks more stylized instead of accurate to Chloe is simply that the neck is too long. So I did a little Photoshop experiment:

The first image is the standard Hit Girl.

View attachment 114288

This second image is Hit Girl with a shorter neck:

View attachment 114289

I think it makes a difference. Subtle maybe, but to me it looks more like Chloe this way. She could still use a wider face, but the shorter neck goes a long way.

Agreed after looking at your shots - think I will try this on my figure (actual shortening of the neck and insert....

Back