1/6 Luke & Leia swing bridge Dio

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hope you all had a great Christmas and I'm really looking forward to 2018 as we have some truly amazing builds planned.
Couldn't resist the urge to build something so managed to get another build complete over the holidays and also made good progress on the last 3 (2x v2 & 1x v5 (open door))

All the best Jas

Some great progress made this weekend chaps.
These last two narrow v2.0s will be all ready for the trip over to Pete’s by next weekend.

F0ED0D49-DD57-4689-B0F0-D67790885F7D.jpg

EA5272BB-3B07-40CA-9A3B-D183E5686609.jpg

34D5C002-5475-41AF-AD23-D24A2C646192.jpg

Attachments

• 73F6D231-7221-4F53-B9FB-DCB599441B51.jpg
    73F6D231-7221-4F53-B9FB-DCB599441B51.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 142
  • 64C4DC78-97B7-4F03-9965-0ACE5485ABFD.jpg
    64C4DC78-97B7-4F03-9965-0ACE5485ABFD.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 140
A bit of a change of plans last weekend chaps sorry and didn't manage to get into the J-cave. (did my back in changing brake pads on the motor) :slap
Will crack on this weekend and get these two V2.0s finished

A good few hours in the J-cave today, everything is now ready to get the last two V2.0s finished off tomorrow.
Then just the V4.0 open door & a few other Star Wars commissions to get finished then a big push on the getting 1/6th speeder out there.

D52F39AE-ED14-487C-85E0-FCF958651EC6.jpg

Hey Jason. Maybe i'm reading this wrong but have you completed and shipped all the V3 versions? Just that I have had no email about my V3 and settling up the rest of the balance i owe you. Just worried i might slip through the net and miss out. Cheers.

Hey Jason. Maybe i'm reading this wrong but have you completed and shipped all the V3 versions? Just that I have had no email about my V3 and settling up the rest of the balance i owe you. Just worried i might slip through the net and miss out. Cheers.

Hey buddy, there’s been a little delay with the v3.0s so we haven’t shipped them yet.
If they aren’t 100% Pete won’t ship, so Pete’s been making some subtle improvements to the paint job....and trust me chaps they look absolutely flipping awesome.
I’m sure he’ll post some pics soon.

As soon as get the green light from Pete I’ll start things moving to get them shipped over to you guys.

Jas

If anyone drops out, or you find yourself with an extra, you know who to PM.

[emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks Jas for the update. Don't know why but just me over thinking that I might of missed something. :slap No pressure or being impatient from me. All in good time and so worth the wait. :hi5:

Apologies for the lateness in updating

If you remember back on the last update I was pretty much steaming ahead and was ready to paint the steps. For no particular reason I can remember I decided to do a light test in total darkness and found this

There were light leaks under and around the panels and paint. This wasn't evident in normal light but in lower light and darkness wasn't pretty.

It really took the wind out of my sails and as you can imagine the thought of a total repaint so far into the project didn't tickle my fancy !

I didn't want to post any progress until i was certain I could ( 1 ) fix the issue and ( 2 ) not ruin any of the dioramas in doing so

Leaks all fixed and sides refinished ( the other six have had the same treatment )

All that needs to be done is the door control panels gluing in and the stains on the front of the steps adding. I'll have this done in the next day or so and will be shipping next week.

I'll take pics of each on once the they are totally finished and post them but until then here's some quick snaps I took earlier

Back