1/6 Luke & Leia swing bridge Dio

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A quick progress pic of the last few Swing Bridge dio's.

image.jpeg

Will be remaking two of the bridge bases as I'm not 100% happy with them as they were a little short.
I'm also redesigning the inner frames for the open door version.

A question for you all, you know the open door swing bridge the troopers were on?
Was the door control panel on the right apposed to being on the left like Luke & Leia's?

Jas

A quick progress pic of the last few Swing Bridge dio's.

View attachment 382864

Will be remaking two of the bridge bases as I'm not 100% happy with them as they were a little short.
I'm also redesigning the inner frames for the open door version.

A question for you all, you know the open door swing bridge the troopers were on?
Was the door control panel on the right apposed to being on the left like Luke & Leia's?

Jas

It was on the left side;

07463805-8C2F-4332-AA26-D82222BC5D31.jpg

Thanks for all your hard work, Jas!!

Looking awesome. Are you doing these freehand with an airbrush ? Just set on a fine mist ? Or how is it best to achieve the shading without covering too much area ?

Thanks buddy

Yes it's done freehand and I'm using a double action airbrush. The trick is to keep the paint thin and spray at low pressure, for these I'm allowing the previous shades to show through then I get a bit of variation on the finish so I'm using around 60-70 % thinner to paint ratio and spraying at 15 psi.

Pete

The craftsmanship is stellar! Brundledonk, between you and Scratchbuilder you have elevated this into art. It is simply awe inspiring. As if, you built the set pieces for New Hope. My hats off to you for creating such a life like cinematic environment. And thank you for the picture showing it’s scale. Simply stunning.

I love to drop in here everyday and just take in this marvel. Thank you.

Thank you, that's very kind of you to say so and we appreciate it very much

Pete

Took a few more snaps of the prototype 1/6 Land Speeder, this one won't get developed anymore and I'll build a complete new prototype2 with the improvements, it only usually takes me two or three builds to get the final production model.

View attachment 382785
View attachment 382786

I'll start a new thread once the build gets underway

Hoping to make a good start on the speeder by the end of Jan 2018, just got a few big builds on the bench at the min which I will be finishing first.

Jas

That speeder is looking so awesome Jay, I can't wait to be able to get some paint on it.

And is that a v4.0 I spy behind it ?

Pete

Had some problems getting onto the site but here I am with more updates

All the shading is done ( there isn't enough room down here to set them all out together but trust me they are all shaded )

When doing so many at a time it's easy to end up a bit heavy in places so I'm going through them all and tweaking things a bit

You guys probably wouldn't even notice but to my eyes this stood out and even though these are slightly different I want to keep them looking as close as I can

Just quick corrections using the previous shade of grey

I'm now onto darkening the recesses to add a bit of depth ( left hand one not done yet )

Will have this done by the end of today then it's on to the steps

Amazing work as always mate, the darker recesses make a huge difference and looks fantastic.

Sorry all but could anyone who has sent a deposit and currently on the build list please drop me an email with version & shipping details please?
My laptop has decided to have a wobble and trying to get the info off my iPad is making me go bozz eyed :panic:

Amazing work as always mate, the darker recesses make a huge difference and looks fantastic.

Sorry all but could anyone who has sent a deposit and currently on the build list please drop me an email with version & shipping details please?
My laptop has decided to have a wobble and trying to get the info off my iPad is making me go bozz eyed :panic:

Email sent about my spot of the V3 list.

Email sent v3

Thanks for the emails guys, very much appreciated.
Luckily I backed everything up so stuck a new SSHD in and I'm back in business.

Be in touch very soon, and once again thank you all so much for your patients.
These dio's take for ever to build, but I think they turned out awesome....Not biased at all of course :wink1:

Jas

Happy New Year to you Jas and Pete. Excited to see all the incredible art you both create in 2018. My best to you both.

Back