1:6 Indy Mine Cart

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lights almost done, the rear lanterns will be underway tomorrow...here's a bit of useless trivia for you chaps......it takes 17 separate components to make each front lantern

Lights almost done, the rear lanterns will be underway tomorrow...here's a bit of useless trivia for you chaps......it takes 17 separate components to make each front lantern

Looking good mate !

Repetition like this in high numbers is a grind but you are on the home stretch by the look of it

Pete

A quick update just to show progress is being made. Excuse the mess in my workshop, I just wanted to get some quick pics and will be clearing everything down in the morning before I hit the spray booth

7 of you guys are having buffer stops with your carts. The bases on these ones are resin and have been primed ready for colour coats

All of the sleepers/ timber parts for the buffers and rails are primed and ready for paint ( not all show in this pic as there wasn't enough room lol )
Doesn't look much but there are 58 sleepers in total along with a stack of rails and the uprights for the buffers

Buckets have had welds added and all the texturing is done

I'm going to get the buffers, rails and sleepers painted first as this is ( for me ) the mind numbing part due to the amounts involved. As soon as they are finished I will be on the carts.

Its hard to judge how long these will take as there is a lot of spraying and weathering to be done on these parts, I'm hoping by Wednesday/Thursday I'll be onto the buckets and chassis but I'll keep you all informed.

i spend my working days down in the Petecave so rest assured these are getting my full attention and it shouldn't be too long before they are ready to send out to you all but as always I will post pics of the progress so you can see I'm not slacking lol

Cheers guys

Pete

You are all very welcome guys !

not the most exciting of updates but I got the buffer bases painted today

Look a bit plain as they are but once the timber and steel parts are added it will give the base some context and they should really pop against the colour of the cart

There is a lot of tones, shade and highlight in these but my less than Stella lighting in the Petecave makes it hard to capture so you will have to trust me on that

Tomorrow I should get the rest of the parts for these painted and if they are dry enough I will post some pics of them assembled.

Pete

Looking good Pete, sorry to hear the sad news that you trusty and loyal air brush has gone to airbrush heaven :newangel

Airbrush is fine mate but the trigger Spring has gone AWOL. I have swapped it with another Spring but really struggling to get used to it as the old one had seven years to get worn in and the new one is really stiff, 20 minutes in and I got major cramp as I need to pull back just a little more to get paint flow.
I've adjusted it to loosen as much as I can but its still not the same as the old one ( it's like a new pair of shoes lol )

I have a stack of brushes and 2 of them are the same model as old faithful but I only use them for spare parts and back up as they don't have the same feel as this one did.
Man I'm proper feeling a sense of loss over a spring lol

Pete

Apologies for the somewhat delayed update.

My compressor decided to end itself on Tuesday while I was spraying the buffer stops and sleepers. I've had it for around seven years and it's had a fairly hard life it's only a tiny little thing and I think that the sheer length of the spraying session I put it through was just too much for the poor fella.

It still runs but only for a few minutes at a time before the thermal switch kicks in and won't run again until it's cooled down

I had got the wooden elements for the buffers pretty much base coated before it gave out and have got this far by spraying as much as I could before it overheats and then waiting for it to cool down and starting again. As you can imagine this is mucho frustrating lol. I've ordered a new compressor but it won't arrive until the middle of the week

I've ordered one of these, a lot more powerful than the old one and it has a receiver tank so should help keep the wear on the motor down a bit better than the old one that ran continuously

These are not quite finished as I need to add a little more highlight and some weathering but I'm not going to do that until my new compressor arrives

I'll update again once the new compressor arrives and I've got it set up ( I'm guessing it will be here by Wednesday )

Cheers

Pete

Shame about the comp Pete, but that new one looks the mutts nuts and it's shiny.

Beautiful work on the new buffers too mate, they look so much better with some colour on, it's really hard to magne how things will look when I'm creating, truly great skills buddy, are they going together ok?

Loving the tones on the rocks, outstanding! :yess: :clap

Are the buffer stone base an update on the new batch?
Didn't get at base with my buffer 🙁

Sendt fra min SM-G925F med Tapatalk

New compressor arrived today and I'm back in business !

I didn't hang about and got the sleepers sprayed. ( do you guys in the US call them sleepers ? )

A closer look

I'll add some dust to these but I'll do it at the end once everything is together

The rails are well under way now too

Buckets getting base colour

And I have started to assemble the track so did a quick dry fit with a finished cart so you can see how it will look

Back