1/6 INART (Queen Studio) - The Dark Knight - Joker Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like my joker pose too much to change it so this is where the detonator will live for now.
IMG_4926.jpeg

Ay caramba!
I take one day off from checking in on the latest gossip and these savage animals manage to insult each other to the point of getting us all banished from the most ‘happenin’ thread on the boards.

I always miss the drama!
Right??

Ay caramba!
I take one day off from checking in on the latest gossip and these savage animals manage to insult each other to the point of getting us all banished from the most ‘happenin’ thread on the boards.

I always miss the drama!
Heh, I saw the beginning but missed out on the meat and potatoes of it all that caused the lock.
Yeah, getting the detonator was awesome, but I don’t care to pose Joker actually holding it. :lol
I would like the metal pipe to display with the detonator. Watch that be the next randomly dropped "give away" item.

Heh, I saw the beginning but missed out on the meat and potatoes of it all that caused the lock.

I would like the metal pipe to display with the detonator. Watch that be the next randomly dropped "give away" item.
The metal pipe is something that seems to be an oversight for a lot of these companies. It's not even included with JND's is it? That one includes the pooches, so it should..

"Speaking of which"

Spill the beans, my money is on BK who started it. But who might be the one on the other end?

The metal pipe is something that seems to be an oversight for a lot of these companies. It's not even included with JND's is it? That one includes the pooches, so it should..

"Speaking of which"

Spill the beans, my money is on BK who started it. But who might be the one on the other end?
Want me to lock this thread also? I am ready😎

P.S I didn’t use any words that had to be censored. Ask people who used them 😂. It’s because of them they locked the thread

Last edited:
I think the HT quarter scale figure is the only official piece to include the metal pipe as an accessory.
"Speaking of which"

Haha I'd rather not get into that here and gunk this thread up with needless arguments on that. Questioning what happened over there will only bring that conversation over here which I think none of us really want even, despite how juicy it may have been :lol

BUT to bring things back on topic of TDK Joker...

I was at WB Studios last weekend and saw the TDK Joker outfit in person without any glass between me and the suit which was pretty cool. My first time seeing it. What I can say outright is that NO online pictures of the prop costume have accurately captured the real prop colors correctly. Honestly, just about no amount of screen caps or pics that other ppl have taken of the costume over the last decade+ have matched what I just saw with my own eyes. That said, the colors on the actual prop costume are not what we see on screen either, which is where the discrepancy (and arguments) tends to happen a lot of the time. You sort of have to decide if you want screen accuracy or real prop accuracy, so that same sort of thinking will need to be considered with my following points. I'm mostly making comparison to the recent official offerings with some nods to customs with what I saw on the prop costume.

Here are some thoughts:
  • Purple Coat: From what I could see, the colors that InArt, HT & JND have gone with are closer to the real deal purple used on the screen coat. They're all pretty close in color to the prop but I would say InArt's is the most off. If I had to choose I'd say JND, HT then InArt
  • Shirt: I would say HT got the color of the real shirt more accurate on their latest version but still not correct. Closer than InArt though. JND's is sort of in between the other two based on pics.
  • Vest: It isn't really a lime green but it's also not a dark green. I'd say JND's color is the closest to the prop vest (maybe needs a bit more saturation/vibrance) as well as the button size and spacing from the center. BUT HT wins on the cutnsew of the vest with InArt in last place.
  • Pants: They do have that dot pattern for the pinstripes but its so small that I can see why most go for regular pinstripes for the printing. Seeing it in person, while Iris got the dots correct, the scale was off. Unless someone can get the scale to print correctly, I'd rather have standard pinstripes than oversized dots for the 1/6 figure. Anything bigger should be able to accomplish the dot patterned pinstripes like 1/4, 1/3 scale or larger. All three offerings are nearly identical so you can't really go wrong with either. The pant length is something to consider though as there should be some slight bunching and no ankle/socks showing. Based on pics, InArt wins here with JND and HT kind of tied.
  • Shoes: For the shape of the shoes I'd say HT, then JND and then InArt at last place. InArt's are oversized and they curl up way too much at the toe. They come up some, like what HT has done with theirs but most of the foot is flat with only a slight lift at the toes. Color would go JND, HT then InArt.
  • Blazer: Same with the shirt meaning I would say HT got the color more accurate on their latest version but still not correct. Closer than InArt with JND's sort of in between the other two based on pics.
  • Tie: None of the official ones are accurate enough. If I had to choose between only the three, I'd go with JND's BUT Dino and WonderWorld's are closer. I'd argue even the Topo one is closer based on the pics I've seen.
I think this covers most of my thoughts but happy to try to answer questions if I can for anyone curious. It was fun to finally see some costumes that I've never seen before. I've mostly just seen the Cavil costumes in real life up close and personal like this.

One final thing I will say is that having seen it in person finally has made me consider getting the JND figure.

Last edited:
I think the HT quarter scale figure is the only official piece to include the metal pipe as an accessory.

Haha I'd rather not get into that here and gunk this thread up with needless arguments on that. Questioning what happened over there will only bring that conversation over here which I think none of us really want even, despite how juicy it may have been :lol

BUT to bring things back on topic of TDK Joker...

I was at WB Studios last weekend and saw the TDK Joker outfit in person without any glass between me and the suit which was pretty cool. My first time seeing it. What I can say outright is that NO online pictures of the prop costume have accurately captured the real prop colors correctly. That said, the colors on the actual prop costume are not what we see on screen either, which is where the discrepancy (and arguments) tends to happen a lot of the time. Honestly, just about no amount of screen caps or pics that other ppl have taken of the costume over the last decade+ have matched what I just saw with my own eyes. You sort of have to decide if you want screen accuracy or real prop accuracy, so that same sort of thinking will need to be considered with my following points. I'm mostly making comparison to the recent official offerings with some nods to customs.

Here are some thoughts:
  • Purple Coat: From what I could see, the colors that InArt, HT & JND have gone with are closer to the real deal purple used on the screen coat. They're all pretty close in color to the prop but I would say InArt's is the most off. If I had to choose I'd say JND, HT then InArt
  • Shirt: I would say HT got the color of the real shirt more accurate on their latest version but still not correct. Closer than InArt though. JND's is sort of in between the other two based on pics.
  • Vest: It isn't really a lime green but it's also not a dark green. I'd say JND's color is the closest to the prop vest (maybe needs a bit more saturation/vibrance) as well as the button size and spacing from the center. BUT HT wins on the cutnsew of the vest with InArt in last place.
  • Pants: They do have that dot pattern for the pinstripes but its so small that I can see why most go for regular pinstripes for the printing. Seeing it in person, while Iris got the dots correct, the scale was off. Unless someone can get the scale to print correctly, I'd rather have standard pinstripes than oversized dots for the 1/6 figure. Anything bigger should be able to accomplish the dot patterned pinstripes like 1/4, 1/3 scale or larger. All three offerings are nearly identical so you can't really go wrong with either. The pant length is something to consider though as there should be some slight bunching and no ankle/socks showing.
  • Shoes: For the shape of the shoes I'd say HT, then JND and then InArt at last place. InArt's are oversized and they curl up way too much at the toe. They come up some, like what HT has done with theirs but most of the foot is flat with only a slight lift at the toes. Color would go JND, HT then InArt.
  • Blazer: Same with the shirt meaning I would say HT got the color more accurate on their latest version but still not correct. Closer than InArt with JND's sort of in between the other two based on pics.
  • Tie: None of the official ones are accurate enough. If I had to choose between only the three, I'd go with JND's BUT Dino and WonderWorld's are closer. I'd argue even the Topo one is closer based on the pics I've seen.
I think this covers most of my thoughts but happy to try to answer questions if I can for anyone curious. It was fun to finally see some costumes that I've never seen before. I've mostly just seen the Cavil costumes in real life up close and personal like this.

One final thing I will say is that having seen it in person finally has made me consider getting the JND figure.
Good info. Thanks for sharing Gipetto. It would be nice to see more photographs of the actual display, though I'm guessing taking pictures isn't allowed at the exhibit?

I've never seen it in person myself, though I've known somebody who had, and I've only seen what little reference is shared of the prop online. But it certainly hasn't influenced my idea of what I'm looking for. There's just too huge a discrepency between that and what we see on screen, that it casts doubt for me as to what is being shown and labled as the defitive Ledger worn suit (There are instances when people have lied, and even auctioned items falsely described. Sometimes it may be intentional, or it may just come down to a lack of competence on people's part).

Maybe what you saw was exactly what was worn in that mob scene. Or maybe it was partial. There are also other factors to consider, such as an items age, how it's preserved etc..)

But regardless of that, it's all just speculation and conspiracy on anybody's part. Personally, while the prop always is a useful frame of reference, I tend (in most cases) to lean to what's shown in film, since that's the realm where the character really exists. Ultimately, what we see on screen is what was intended to be. All efforts behind the scenes, choices of color, material, even having multiple versions made of what is canonically meant to represent the same outfit under different conditions and lighting, is in service, and with consideration of the finished frame.

I don't really want to open the debate of prop vs film, but I think one has to take either side into consideration to form their final opinion.

Sometimes the prop suit is only a mokap suit. Sometimes the appearance is drastically altered in post for the final frame. There can never be a definitive, or perfectly accurate rendition, when the criteria isn't defined by strictly precise parameters. Everybody will have their own idea of a perfect Joker. But the approach of these companies, Hot Toys, Inart, and JND to name a few, is really misguided in my opinion. Or perhaps it's involuntary. Maybe they have something different in mind, but are forced to operate within constraints and licensor mandates as per the references they have and provide to them. And maybe it's the wrong frame of reference. And yes, I do question the licensor's authority in that matter.

Last edited:
Good info. Thanks for sharing Gipetto. It would be nice to see more photographs of the actual display, though I'm guessing taking pictures isn't allowed at the exhibit?
Pictures are allowed but I'm terrible at taking pictures, so even though I have some for myself, I didn't want to included them as what the pictures show doesn't accurately convey what I actually saw; which is why I made it a point to say that no amount of pics online will match what you see with your own eyes in person. They just can't compare or pick up what the real suit looks like, specifically the colors, in person. If I shared the pics, most ppls eyes would be drawn to those than they would the write up and would undoubtedly put into question my own opinions so I prefer to leave them out. That doesn't mean everyone needs to agree with me nor does it make my opinions more valid than anyone else's as I'm sure there are other folks here who have seen the suit and will probably disagree with me. Just wanted to share it since it's still fresh before the memory gets distorted 🙂
I've never seen it in person myself, though I've known somebody who had, and I've only seen what little reference is shared of the prop online. But it certainly hasn't influenced my idea of what I'm looking for. There's just too huge a discrepancy between that and what we see on screen, that it casts doubt for me as to what is being shown and labeled as the definitive Ledger worn suit (There are instances when people have lied, and even auctioned items falsely described. Sometimes it may be intentional, or it may just come down to a lack of competence on people's part).
I understand. Again, that's why I say you have to decide what you want regarding prop or screen accuracy as there's definitely a difference between the two. My comparison thoughts were being made from the prop on hand that I saw and not what we saw on screen. And I'm definitely not trying to convince anyone one way or another on what they should be going for for their ideal TDK Joker. Nor was I trying to say to anyone should be happy with what's being offered by these companies b/c XYZ may be technically prop accurate.
Maybe what you saw was exactly what was worn in that mob scene. Or maybe it was partial. There are also other factors to consider, such as an items age, how it's preserved etc..)
What was on display was the end suit with the flower and coin buttons on the vest. I get what you're saying though regarding aging. It's been many years and that suit (or versions of it) has been on display at multiple conventions/shows across the globe which could have any number of impacts on it. Again, just sharing thoughts on what was on display and comparing to the most current official offerings we have. For comparison, the Man of Steel suit they had on display appeared to also be different/aging from the one I saw almost 10years ago and actually got to touch and see all the intricacies of. Much more dull the previous one I saw.
But the approach of these companies, Hot Toys, Inart, and JND to name a few, is really misguided in my opinion. Or perhaps it's involuntary. Maybe they have something different in mind, but are forced to operate within constraints and licensor mandates as per the references they have and provide to them. And maybe it's the wrong frame of reference. And yes, I do question the licensor's authority in that matter.
It could very well be. But, if they're going based on the same prop that I saw (or one similar), I can see why there is usually so much discrepancy between what the individual collector wants and what the companies end up producing. Now that I've seen it in person, IMO you can't really blame them for using that as their reference (if they are) if that's what's officially out there as their go by to produce the clothing from. As we've seen time and time again, the colors of the suit can change depending on the scene, but the color of the actual prop won't theoretically change but rather stay mostly consistent. So, probably better for them to go with and try to match the prop suit than decide to match one particular scene. That’s not to say I’m giving any of them a pass as I’ve noted above what I feel is and isn’t accurate to the prop I saw. There’s definite issues with accuracy in each JND, HT and InArt that go beyond just color.

Again, not trying to convince anyone of anything. Just sharing my thoughts of something fun and relevant that I got to experience and how it relates to our little hobby :) Seeing the suit in person doesn't change the fact that I still want the WonderWorld vest, shirt and tie for my personal TDK Joker figure.

Last edited:
So many paragraphs devoted to clothing minutia. Obsessive thoughts that Lindy Hemming hasn’t even thought about since 2007. She would be genuinely frightened to come across one of you guys.

So many paragraphs devoted to clothing minutia. Obsessive thoughts that Lindy Hemming hasn’t even thought about since 2007. She would be genuinely frightened to come across one of you guys.
In the Terminator threads our discussion of clothes went like this

''Those MMS136 pants are wrong colour and the boots look silly. Make them more gooder Hot Toys''

MMS238 comes out

''Yeah those pants and boots are more gooder''.

Done.

Pictures are allowed but I'm terrible at taking pictures, so even though I have some for myself, I didn't want to included them as what the pictures show doesn't accurately convey what I actually saw; which is why I made it a point to say that no amount of pics online will match what you see with your own eyes in person. They just can't compare or pick up what the real suit looks like, specifically the colors, in person. If I shared the pics, most ppls eyes would be drawn to those than they would the write up and would undoubtedly put into question my own opinions so I prefer to leave them out. That doesn't mean everyone needs to agree with me nor does it make my opinions more valid than anyone else's as I'm sure there are other folks here who have seen the suit and will probably disagree with me. Just wanted to share it since it's still fresh before the memory gets distorted 🙂

I understand. Again, that's why I say you have to decide what you want regarding prop or screen accuracy as there's definitely a difference between the two. My comparison thoughts were being made from the prop on hand that I saw and not what we saw on screen. And I'm definitely not trying to convince anyone one way or another on what they should be going for for their ideal TDK Joker. Nor was I trying to say to anyone should be happy with what's being offered by these companies b/c XYZ may be technically prop accurate.

What was on display was the end suit with the flower and coin buttons on the vest. I get what you're saying though regarding aging. It's been many years and that suit (or versions of it) has been on display at multiple conventions/shows across the globe which could have any number of impacts on it. Again, just sharing thoughts on what was on display and comparing to the most current official offerings we have. For comparison, the Man of Steel suit they had on display appeared to also be different/aging from the one I saw almost 10years ago and actually got to touch and see all the intricacies of. Much more dull the previous one I saw.

It could very well be. But, if they're going based on the same prop that I saw (or one similar), I can see why there is usually so much discrepancy between what the individual collector wants and what the companies end up producing. Now that I've seen it in person, IMO you can't really blame them for using that as their reference (if they are) if that's what's officially out there as their go by to produce the clothing from. As we've seen time and time again, the colors of the suit can change depending on the scene, but the color of the actual prop won't theoretically change but rather stay mostly consistent. So, probably better for them to go with and try to match the prop suit than decide to match one particular scene. That’s not to say I’m giving any of them a pass as I’ve noted above what I feel is and isn’t accurate to the prop I saw. There’s definite issues with accuracy in each JND, HT and InArt that go beyond just color.

Again, not trying to convince anyone of anything. Just sharing my thoughts of something fun and relevant that I got to experience and how it relates to our little hobby :) Seeing the suit in person doesn't change the fact that I still want the WonderWorld vest, shirt and tie for my personal TDK Joker figure.
I totally get your point about not sharing the pictures, as they're misleading to the truth of what you saw and are trying to convey. I agree on your points. And this does shed more light on what these companies might be basing their decisions on. Even as some of those decisions are frustrating to me.

There are certainly inconsistencies when you try to compare something from scene to scene, but generally the prop colors don't align with what I've come to be familiar with on screen, and the impression that's imbedded in my mind of the character. I suppose my attachment to collecting stemmed partially from my love of cinema, and what I want represented on my shelf must adhere to what I see in the film I'm watching in front of me.

I still want the WonderWorld vest, shirt and tie for my personal TDK Joker figure.

Wonderworld's outfit overall as a single package is my favorite thus far. Although by no means perfect, I do love it and I'm mostly satisfied with that. Of course for one pursuing their perfect Joker, they won't find everything in one place. And as costly and difficult as it is to source all the best parts, the only real way to ensure perfection is for one to do everything by his own hand, according to his own specifications. And unless we posses the tremendous skill required for that, we're all at the mercy of what's available or afforded to us on the market.

• Pants: They do have that dot pattern for the pinstripes but its so small that I can see why most go for regular pinstripes for the printing. Seeing it in person, while Iris got the dots correct, the scale was off. Unless someone can get the scale to print correctly, I'd rather have standard pinstripes than oversized dots for the 1/6 figure. Anything bigger should be able to accomplish the dot patterned pinstripes like 1/4, 1/3 scale or larger. All three offerings are nearly identical so you can't really go wrong with either. The pant length is something to consider though as there should be some slight bunching and no ankle/socks showing. Based on pics, InArt wins here with JND and HT kind of tied.

Wow... InArt loses in every category except the essentially 3-way tie on pants.

I feel so bad about my InArt Jokor now.

200w.gif

Back