1/6 INART (Queen Studio) - The Dark Knight - Joker Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The custom community is extremely toxic in general
I respectfully disagree with that. A lot.

I’ve met a lot of great people in the customs world, including several on this thread, that are intelligent, honest, helpful, and friendly. Many of them go back and forth between this site and the custom site.

Are there some bad people out there? Absolutely, just like in the world outside of this hobby. Are there projects that are delivered that are not up to par? Again, absolutely. Just like buying a third party figure. Let’s not forget that not all of these figure purchases are perfect, either. I mean, just look at this figure - two of the same for forearms, missing magnets, the bluetac heads, the poorly placed magnets in the stand, not to mention the big head look on the jail joker. That’s a lot of stuff for a $1K purchase. Good thing everyone that posts here is so tolerant and forgiving of these flaws, so no one could point to those responses and call them toxic, as well ;)

I’m just pointing out that any level of perceived “toxicity” in customs is probably just a microcosm of this hobby in general.

Again, just my opinion.

Last edited:
I have a weird question. Are these parts supposed to be switchable? Can you put the left one on the right and the right one on the left?View attachment 658884
They’re interchangeable though they won’t line up properly at the upper seam where’s they connect to the rest of the arm.
Someone in this thread actually got two left forearms remember? Was that @Gipetto0812? Did you get that figured out or just chalked it up? Maybe I’m out to lunch on that, if so my bad.

Yup that was me. I didn’t bother getting a replacement as it didn’t effect the functionality. It was also going to be a pain to get the replacement as I think at that point, InArt was telling Kit that if you needed replacement parts, you had to ship the entire figure back (at your own expense) for them to then inspect your figure and send you a new one or something overly complicated like that.

Last edited:
Yup that was me. I didn’t bother getting a replacement as it didn’t effect the functionality. It was also going to be a pain to get the replacement as I think at that point, InArt was telling kit that if you needed replacement parts, you had to shop the entire figure back (at your own expense) for them to then inspect your figure and send you a new one or something overly complicated like that.
Damn dude, that’s a bummer.
And you’re talking about an extra $200 shipping fee, not the specfiction $45 fee right? Yeah, I’d be alright too LOL.

Damn dude, that’s a bummer.
And you’re talking about an extra $200 shipping fee, not the specfiction $45 fee right? Yeah, I’d be alright too LOL.
Yea b/c it would be the customer shipping it back to InArt directly I think. Hard to remember as it was so long ago that the exactly details are a little fuzzy. I just remember the way replacements were being handled changed after the ppl got the blue tac heads that needed replacing.

I understand InArts stance on having the customer pay the shipping fee as their goal is to make money, not spend it. But it would’ve been a class act if they would’ve took it on the chin due to this being their first release. You take care of people that instilled confidence in your brand straight out of the gate with a 1k purchase. Yes you’re always gonna have cheap skates trying to get over on someone but still.

I understand InArts stance on having the customer pay the shipping fee as their goal is to make money, not spend it. But it would’ve been a class act if they would’ve took it on the chin due to this being their first release. You take care of people that instilled confidence in your brand straight out of the gate with a 1k purchase. Yes you’re always gonna have cheap skates trying to get over on someone but still.
Theres nothing to understand. If its a problem from their end then it falls on them to make it right.. Its the cost of business

Does it cause one arm to look longer then the other? Or its passable?
No they're still the same length. If you think one are is longer than the other, it more than likely has to do with the shoulder hinge joint. I had to ever so slightly loosen the screw on mine as it was too tight and prohibiting the joint from shrugging up and down

Somebody mentioned the drama in the yunsil clothes run so I checked it out. This is ****** up! I feel for the guy 😔
Screenshot_2023-08-27-16-43-17-23_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
Screenshot_2023-08-27-16-43-28-78_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
Screenshot_2023-08-27-16-43-43-45_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
IMG_20230828_013115.jpg

Theres nothing to understand. If its a problem from their end then it falls on them to make it right.. Its the cost of business
In theory, but businesses tell their customers to kick rocks and eat the cost all the time, welcome to the real world.

This company being owned by QS shows they have plenty of disposable funds to make all of the issues just but they won’t and it isn’t a good look. Nothing wrong on my deluxe but I’ll definitely bat an eye on purchasing anything from them again.

In theory, but businesses tell their customers to kick rocks and eat the cost all the time, welcome to the real world.

This company being owned by QS shows they have plenty of disposable funds to make all of the issues just but they won’t and it isn’t a good look. Nothing wrong on my deluxe but I’ll definitely bat an eye on purchasing anything from them again.
Ive seen a lot of people get replacement heads and parts though for their jokors through kit

Ive seen a lot of people get replacement heads and parts though for their jokors through kit
Yes, Gipetto mentioned that previously.

They began to at first, until more batches shipped out and more complaints rolled out.

Then they decided to offset this loss of revenue by forcing the customer to drop $200 usd to resolve any issue had. Something as minuscule as a forearm would of cost Gipetto $200 usd and possible inferior rooted/ paint work had they replaced his set entirely.

The custom community is extremely toxic in general
I agree with you there. I’ve had a few experiences that have almost made me quit. I rarely go to custom one sixth anymore for that reason. That and the level of money increase for non-painted head sculpts and custom figures is insane. I found a figure I was semi interested in, asked the person, how much, and got back a figure of over 5K!?! No kidding. Since when did a single figure become that valuable!?! Lol, good luck with that.

I agree with you there. I’ve had a few experiences that have almost made me quit. I rarely go to custom one sixth anymore for that reason. That and the level of money increase for non-painted head sculpts and custom figures is insane. I found a figure I was semi interested in, asked the person, how much, and got back a figure of over 5K!?! No kidding. Since when did a single figure become that valuable!?! Lol, good luck with that.

MacReady perhaps? Just curious. 👍🏻

Back