1/6 INART (Queen Studio) - The Dark Knight - Joker Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Hando I think they’re customized. Here’s the original post from the guy who owns them on IG. If you look at his other posts, he has other customized figures, so it wouldn’t surprise me if he had the hair and paint redone on his Inart set. He doesn’t seem to credit the artist(s) in any of his posts, though. The sculpts definitely look repainted, and looking at the hair lines, they appear to be re-rooted as well. Or, maybe someone is just really good at restyling the hair. The repaint and repair of the jail sculpt specifically makes me see the potential of jail set and make me wonder if it’s worth keeping, just need to get it repainted and really rework the hair

Last edited:
Those are definitely repainted. Looks like he put the brow wrinkles in the right place too. The jail Joker paint is different -- smear over his right eye. Hair looks repainted to me at the roots. Also a bit of a trim on the jail Joker. The Grenade Joker could have even less thick hair if you're going to start trimming.

@Hando I think they’re customized. Here’s the original post from the guy who owns them on IG. If you look at his other posts, he had other customized figures so it wouldn’t surprise me if he had the hair and paint redone on his figures. He doesn’t seem to credit the artist(s) in any of his posts though. The sculpts definitely look repainted and looking at the hair lines, they appear to be re-rooted as well but maybe someone is just really good at restyling the hair. The repaint and repair of the jail sculpt specifically makes me see the potential of jail set and make me wonder if it’s worth keeping, just need to get it repainted and really rework the hair

Yeah seems weird inart doesnt know the figure they made because I think the point of these posts they share is to show pride in the product. But its not your work anymore if its heavily customized

Maybe they didn't know that it's customized.
The original poster didnt mention it.

InArt marketing probably just reposting since they liked the photos from where they were tagged.

I guess you can tag em and call em out if you want to make InArt take action.

Yeah seems weird inart doesnt know the figure they made because I think the point of these posts they share is to show pride in the product. But its not your work anymore if its heavily customized
Agreed. I think anyone who's ordered one has gotten their by now, but it brings on the "but mine doesn't look like that" train of thought when you see those pics without any indication on if it's stock or not.

It does show the potential, especially the Jail sculpt. It also doesn't look as oversized with the repaint and hair trim/rework. I was already unsatisfied with the jail set out of the box and this just makes me even more so :lol Oh what could have been

Last edited:
I like the ones I got more than what other people have received.

I wouldn’t trade them for any of the others. I like each head is unique. I remember when I got my set I was comparing them to Wor-Gar’s and I loved how each of ours had their own slight variations.

When I first opened mine, I had a black smudge on the interrogation head’s nose that I saw through the plastic cylinder tube before I opened it. My heart sank. I was like “man, I’m going to have to send this back and I don’t want to because the hair and face paint is PERFECT”.
CD8B2809-A2A7-4166-BF64-258DA746340D.jpeg

Then I took it out and thankfully the smudge came right off without any work at all. I was so relieved because the head is so good. I wouldn’t trade any of them for what other people have.

One of the most exciting unboxing experiences I’ve ever had in this hobby.

Last edited:
I like the ones I got more than what other people have received.

I wouldn’t trade them for any of the others. I like each head is unique. I remember when I got my set I was comparing them to Wor-Gar’s and I loved how each of ours had their own slight variations.

When I first opened mine, I had a black smudge on the interrogation head’s nose that I saw through the plastic cylinder tube before I opened it. My heart sank. I was like “man, I’m going to have to send this back and I don’t want to because the hair and face paint is PERFECT”.
View attachment 661039
Then I took it out and thankfully the smudge came right off without any work at all. I was so relieved because the head is so good. I wouldn’t trade any of them for what other people have.

One of the most exciting unboxing experiences I’ve ever had in this hobby.
Yeah I had the same excitement. I had DX01 BR 2.0, DX11 prior to InArt. Was definitely satisfying getting the figure in and having a proper Joker on display.

When HT Artisan Joker comes out, we will see if it holds up! Hopefully they put more resources on it considering its a grail character among collectors and doesn't get the same treatment as Kate Bishop and Doc Ock

I never owned a worthy Ledger Joker prior to InArt, so that may have something to do with my excitement. The previous Joker I had was years ago with Bank Robber.

I expect I'd have Gipetto's reaction if I bought the HT Artisan Joker. One of the reasons I did not.

it brings on the "but mine doesn't look like that" train of thought when you see those pics
With the inconsistency between the hair coloring and styling there already is that train of thought 😂
Oh what could have been
I agree. I mentioned a number of times times that Im disappointed with the jail half and my jail head looks super ugly with the brown heavy hair on top

I decided Im going to turn it into a bank robber hopefully that can save it 😂

I expect I'd have Gipetto's reaction if I bought the HT Artisan Joker. One of the reasons I did not.
To be honest, I've felt this way well before Artisan Joker came along. I'm pretty sure I posted my initial thoughts the night I unboxed mine and mentioned that I was very meh about it. I actually put an order in for Artisan Joker b/c I was underwhelmed with the InArt. I honestly wish I was as blown away by the whole thing like a good many were/are. That's not to say that there aren't things I actually do like about it. I feel like I would need to combine both the InArt and the HT to get the Joker I've been looking for in this hobby (hopefully at least).

With the inconsistency between the hair coloring and styling there already is that train of thought 😂
:lol too true!
I agree. I mentioned a number of times times that Im disappointed with the jail half and my jail head looks super ugly with the brown heavy hair on top

I decided Im going to turn it into a bank robber hopefully that can save it 😂
I think someone did that -- put the jail sculpt in a Bank Robber look and it turned out pretty well

InArt doesn't seem to really give a honey about that kinda stuff ive noticed, they allow custom posts constantly in their group.

I never owned a worthy Ledger Joker prior to InArt, so that may have something to do with my excitement. The previous Joker I had was years ago with Bank Robber.

To be honest, I've felt this way well before Artisan Joker came along. I'm pretty sure I posted my initial thoughts the night I unboxed mine and mentioned that I was very meh about it. I actually put an order in for Artisan Joker b/c I was underwhelmed with the InArt. I honestly wish I was as blown away by the whole thing like a good many were/are. That's not to say that there aren't things I actually do like about it. I feel like I would need to combine both the InArt and the HT to get the Joker I've been looking for in this hobby (hopefully at least).
Comparing the hot toys artisan joker to the inart jokor I think they are both good and neither of them is perfect. So what this means is if somebody is not satisfied with the inart joker then getting the hot toys joker is not going to satisfy them or fix anything. What they should do is buy a custom instead

I might get a sculpted hot toys joker just to have a sculpted option and try different poses. Maybe I will mix some parts with my prison outfit that I will not be using. But maybe Ill pass on the hot toys alltogether

I wonder which factory line worker worked on the sculpts. I guess I got someone eager to work lol
Mine was having a bad day 😆

I think someone did that -- put the jail sculpt in a Bank Robber look and it turned out pretty well
Thats what gave me the idea. It looked amazing and the inart body looks like it fills the topo suit very well. But I think his headsculpt looks amazing too and its better then mine. My jail head is in the box but I will try to get some pictures later and get some opinions 🤕

To me this is the best opening scene ever in a movie. Can anybody tell me if there is a movie with a better opening scene?

I really love the bank robber look. I think inart will get to it eventually but I bet its really far off from the priority

Comparing the hot toys artisan joker to the inart jokor I think they are both good and neither of them is perfect. So what this means is if somebody is not satisfied with the inart joker then getting the hot toys joker is not going to satisfy them or fix anything. What they should do is buy a custom instead
For me, the parts I like about the HT are the things I don't like about the InArt which is why I would like to have both and mash them together. I agree that none of them are perfect but both are good efforts and definitely better than anything we've had before.

That said, we really won't know the real quality of the HT until it comes out. I could end up just as underwhelmed as I was with the InArt :LOL: 🥲

Last edited:
For me, the parts I like about the HT are the things I don't like about the InArt which is why I would like to have both and mash them together. I agree that none of them are perfect but both are good efforts and definitely better than anything we've had before.

That said, we really won't know the real quality of the HT until it comes out. I could end up just as underwhelmed as I was with the InArt :monkey2
I think hot toys did the coat and the shirt color better. The shirt is what I don't like the most about the Inart clothes mainly because it looked a lot better in the prototype pictures
276007881_2043785889132414_1655995410204877000_n__40965.jpg

Lets be real even with all the styling and futzing and lighting that jail figure is a big downgrade from the prototype. It rubs me the wrong way. I think the purple coat came out better thankfully or else I would be very unhappy

I think hot toys did the shoes slightly better too but I'm disappointed with both because neither did real material. Especially because hot toys tried it on the dx11 from 10 years ago

Both of them screwed up the vest. Everyone always does the vest wrong. It would give me more reason to buy the hot toys figure if they got the vest right

It really is. I understand artists need to make money especially if that's their only source of income, but man, $250+ (in some cases, not all) for an unpainted headsculpt is ridiculous in my opinion. Even the "lower" $150 for an unpainted headsculpt is pretty outrageous to me as well. But low supply and high demand have made it what it is. I say this knowingly participating in some of these runs :lol

And Toribox/Yunsil regularly increasing their prices even during the production, so your final payment is 9 times out of 10 always going to be more than planned these days b/c of supposed updated techniques or difficulties with making something, etc. But, by then, you're already in and almost done so you pay up anyway.
i feel certain prices can be justified and understandable with the labor and work that is being put into it but we also have to understand that artists charge differently. idk why Kjun started charging more than usual, whether there was a leap of quality or not. I am aware certain people speculate that since he joined with shumi, his prices were bumped up and whether its because of a prestigious brand or not.

one thing that rubs me the wrong way and I can understand these artists trying to make a profit but I draw the line once unpainted sculpts start touching 300+. just about a year or two ago, it seemed the standard was dai_qz's runs where his sculpts usually ran people 250 and i can understand why it is that much because it is all very intricately hand sculpted, but as of recently (maybe i am just sour after i realized mille/snakeli's bruce wayne project) sat behind a 2 sculpture set for 750 with one of the sculpts being TDK and TDKR. he is charging 350~ around that price for an unpainted sculpt now.

he did a run for tactical batman cowls, 4 options to choose from but each one costing 350 a piece. the sculptor was nancy who normally charges roughly around 2.5k~ for her work all the while he charges 350 per sculpt, when it was usually the norm that people would only charge 150-200 for casts/prints of her work. there's such a reason as overcharging and another where prices can be justified with the labor and time that goes into these things

i could go on and on but i guess within customs, you can't be frugal and its all dependent on the runner and artists with how much they want to charge..

To me this is the best opening scene ever in a movie. Can anybody tell me if there is a movie with a better opening scene?

Some personal favourites off the top of my head; Raiders of the Lost Ark, Gladiator, Saving Private Ryan, LOTR (Fellowship & Two Towers,) Goldeneye…

I bet there are dozens I love but can’t think of. TDK is epic though. Pulls you right into the movie from the get-go.

Last edited:
Back