1/6 INART (Queen Studio) - The Dark Knight - Joker Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Would you like a Queen Studios 2-pack with Bank Robber Joker and Nurse Joker?
It would be nice to have a Bank Robber Joker that has a head that is in proportion with the torso and doesn’t look like a Funko Pop…never understood why Hot Toys did that with this release…

Uhm…did you think those scars around the Joker’s mouth were really Heath Ledger’s?
No of course not :) More than happy to be proven wrong, I had only read Ledger did his own makeup but this article indicates otherwise and I see references in other articles that Ledger licked his lips to keep them on (like what Zurdo mentioned).

https://boldentrance.com/john-caglione-jr-makeup-psychology-heath-ledger-joker/amp/
Ive studied makeup and you don’t need latex prosthetics to do scars.

I won’t post here but there are tons of YouTube videos on how to do it.

That'd be nice, but you know they have to throw in the purple suit.

It'd be interesting to see how they do the legs and arms on the nurse version.

I'd like a smiley face bank robber, because he smiles in that scene. The clean makeup would be nice too.

I think the bank robbing scene is the cleanest his makeup looked in the whole film.

EqIZeDP.jpg

nmLN1cA.jpg

That'd be nice, but you know they have to throw in the purple suit.

It'd be interesting to see how they do the legs and arms on the nurse version.

I'd like a smiley face bank robber, because he smiles in that scene. The clean makeup would be nice too.

I recall seeing a Chinese toy retailer post a custom nurse Joker with a seamless body.
It looked quite nice, though I am not sure how durable such a body would be.

As much as I enjoy the variety of Ledger Joker's wardrobe -- nurse, bank robber, cop -- I'm more than happy with the TWO versions I will have of him now. I wouldn't want to add a nurse and gray-suited Joker to the line-up.
Yeah as much as I'd kinda like the other versions, they're just not memorable or iconic enough for me to want to pay those crazy high prices for them. So I think I'm good when it comes to Ledger Joker now.

Yeah as much as I'd kinda like the other versions, they're just not memorable or iconic enough for me to want to pay those crazy high prices for them. So I think I'm good when it comes to Ledger Joker now.

I think its great to have that box checked actually.

If I want more from Nolan Batman, it would be different characters. I'm not a huge fan of the Nolan/Bale Batman but I might consider Two-Face as a companion piece to Joker -- despite how unrealistic that face was it certainly makes for a graphic figure on the shelf... and the reds contrast nicely with the Joker greens.

Actually that does sound like a good idea. Unfortunately it doesn't look like the price for the new Two-Face has come down at all, and it's still not a figure I need bad enough to pay $280 for.

No, it doesn't, I just checked myself on ebay. :lol

As improved as the 2019 Two-Face is, it still just doesn't grab me as a figure... as you say, at least for that high price. Maybe under $200 I'd grab him.

As unlikely as it is, perhaps Queen will see fit to make Two-Face and we can get their level of detail at about the price the HT is right now.

No, it doesn't, I just checked myself on ebay. :lol

As improved as the 2019 Two-Face is, it still just doesn't grab me as a figure... as you say, at least for that high price. Maybe under $200 I'd grab him.

As unlikely as it is, perhaps Queen will see fit to make Two-Face and we can get their level of detail at about the price the HT is right now.
I’ve always wanted to see Harvey get the PERS treatment. I think the veiny eyeball on the gnarly side of his face rolling around would be fun as hell.

Actually that does sound like a good idea. Unfortunately it doesn't look like the price for the new Two-Face has come down at all, and it's still not a figure I need bad enough to pay $280 for.
I am quite happy with my two face I picked up last year. Only thing I would need would be Bane and Catwoman with sculpted hair and no visible neck joint.

I brought this up before but do you remember a long time ago HT was asked about doing a Nurse Joker and Howard said something to the effect that they couldn't or wouldn't do that version out of respect for the Ledger estate? I made no sense and confused everyone. I bet Difabio would remember. He has detailed files. Anyway, I dig the make up he had in that scene too.

TDKJokerNurse1.png

TDKJokerNurse2.jpg

His Joker is so mysterious that there isn't even behind the scenes footage. :lol What a shame, WB must have all that footage locked somewhere. Makeup tests, costume tests, interviews, photoshoots, and lots of behind the scene footage. I don't get why they don't show it. What are they waiting for?

Surely they have more footage. And like you I have no idea why they won't release that material. By the time this movie was being made film makers were filming more behind the scenes material for the home release discs. We have a few bits here and there, but nothing like you would expect. I remember when they released the trilogy as a box set a few years ago and there wasn't much, if anything, new. I was super disappointed and a little pissed. Surely, they have to know that most people are wanting more Ledger stuff. I do wonder if it's just too painful for Nolan to go back a revisit a lot of that stuff and that's why there is a dearth of material. I guess WB could go ahead and release it themselves but idk if Nolan has a contract with them which includes a stipulation that he has a bigger say into what is to be included for the home releases. Hopefully one day we'll see more.

There is a deleted scene that takes place after he tosses Rachel out the window. He gets into a car and a thug in the driver seat asked something and ledger says” It’s all part of the plan”.

it was filmed and there is even a promo pic of it. Anyways. There is also alternate takes as well that we saw in the trailers.

There is a deleted scene that takes place after he tosses Rachel out the window. He gets into a car and a thug in the driver seat asked something and ledger says” It’s all part of the plan”.

it was filmed and there is even a promo pic of it. Anyways. There is also alternate takes as well that we saw in the trailers.
This would have been useful for the “how did Joker get out of the penthouse?!?!?!” mouth breathers.

What do they expect Batman to just walk in and watch all the stairs and elevators standing around in the lobby? Cinema.

Honestly the updated Two-Face is only okay. The sculpt is a little soft but saved by pretty good paint. The suit is completely the wrong color and looks like a light navy when it should be more of a crosshatch medium grey with some contrast to the threads.

Attachments

• EB9FD742-2932-48D6-8A9C-CA9D843B5442.jpeg
    EB9FD742-2932-48D6-8A9C-CA9D843B5442.jpeg
    200.4 KB · Views: 59
  • 5128436D-0A37-450F-BA37-68C53E698078.jpeg
    5128436D-0A37-450F-BA37-68C53E698078.jpeg
    149.8 KB · Views: 61
Honestly the updated Two-Face is only okay. The sculpt is a little soft but saved by pretty good paint. The suit is completely the wrong color and looks like a light navy when it should be more of a crosshatch medium grey with some contrast to the threads.
I sent you a PM and an email regarding an order if you could get back to me I’d appreciate it :wave

The suit is completely the wrong color and looks like a light navy when it should be more of a crosshatch medium grey with some contrast to the threads.

I did wonder about that when I looked at pictures last night. Seems HT imitated the wrong suit in the movie. The original TF by HT had the correct color suit... but a pin-headed sculpt with poor paint.

Thanks for confirming that -- I'll wait for another version of Two-Face to be made before considering to add him to my shelf.

See, Ledger Joker has to be with nuRiddler and Catwoman.

Back