1/6 Hot Toys - The Flash - Batman and Batcycle Collectible Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well yeah, cinematography is everything. In regular lighting, even the best Batsuits wouldn’t look all that great.

That Flash suit is on a whole other level of bad though. The Affleck Batman went from having the best looking costume on screen to the worst. It’s just so lazy on the filmmakers part to not make a real cape. He’s not even in it that much, no excuse to not make him look the best he could be.

I fear Superman Legacy and all other Gunn verse projects will be dead on arrival just like the Flash. No matter how good or bad the movies, the Snyder loyalists will boycott everything. They make up far more than the noisy minority some dismiss them as.

Nothing short of Snyder being put in charge of everything will ever appease them. Even Cavill wasn't immune to suspicion and hostility when it was suggested anyone other than Zack direct MoS 2.

It used to be Marvel vs DC. These days DC is fighting and killing itself.
No they are a minority. One that won’t sway box office numbers . I don’t consider half of them fans tbh cause they don’t seem to like dc they like Snyder made dc . If you brought Snyder back tomorrow the movies would still tank. It’s the fact that the dceu was an inconsistent mess and was absolutely trash starting with bvs. They just use bots to justify their numbers but they don’t sway the box office. They are just an annoying bunch on Twitter that like to harass anyone that isn’t Snyder fanboy. Weird energy over a very bland director. Batfleck however was a good idea. Still a very comic accurate suit that didn’t look ridiculous like tdk Nolan suit. I think probably the third best Batman suit on film

Last edited:
I fear Superman Legacy and all other Gunn verse projects will be dead on arrival just like the Flash. No matter how good or bad the movies, the Snyder loyalists will boycott everything. They make up far more than the noisy minority some dismiss them as.

Nothing short of Snyder being put in charge of everything will ever appease them. Even Cavill wasn't immune to suspicion and hostility when it was suggested anyone other than Zack direct MoS 2.

It used to be Marvel vs DC. These days DC is fighting and killing itself.
I am a massive Zack Snyder fan. I think his DC stuff is the most unique, deep and interesting content that has spawned from comic books being adapted into movies and I love it to absolute bits. I also love other DC content, so I'm not 'only a Snyder fan', I just loved the story he was telling.

Even I disagree with this opinion about the DCU being DOA.

Sure, I think there are a larger amount of people that loved his stuff than people think or try to make people believe, but as soon as a reboot happens (the key is, it needs to be a FULL reboot), then most of the audience will move on. Maybe I won't, maybe I'm cool with the DC movies that I like and don't need any more unless they're Justice League 2 and 3 directed by Snyder. But that's just me. I'm not the person you have to get on board, you have to get the everyman to want to see these movies.

Any impact of Snyder is more overt when you look at a Flash movie going back in time to the first Snyder film! I never understood that decision- the people who love Man of Steel (the nostalgia you're preying on) don't want to watch a Flash movie that specifically exists to erase the version they loved from existence in the timeline. Bringing it back to this Batfleck suit- it's dreadful, and it makes you think about the BvS suit instead, and how cool that was. Snyder's absence is all over this movie due to its setting.

It won't be over the DCU stuff.

When Gunn's actual stuff starts, even if there's 'pushback' from massive Snyder fans like me, I think DC will be fine. The Flash bombing does not mean DC is dead, The Batman just made 770 million, Joker a billion. Those weren't Snyder movies and they did MORE than fine with the general populous. They weren't even Nolan movies.

In my opinion, their first priority has to be lowering budgets at the start of this universe. Makes their break-even points more manageable, and then you can work your way up to the huge blockbusters when you have garnered the support that makes that seem reasonable.

Last edited:
I don't know why but Affleck's costume reminds me of a shark more than a bat.

No they are a minority. One that won’t sway box office numbers . I don’t consider half of them fans tbh cause they don’t seem to like dc they like Snyder made dc . If you brought Snyder back tomorrow the movies would still tank. It’s the fact that the dceu was an inconsistent mess and was absolutely trash starting with bvs. They just use bots to justify their numbers but they don’t sway the box office. They are just an annoying bunch on Twitter that like to harass anyone that isn’t Snyder fanboy. Weird energy over a very bland director. Batfleck however was a good idea. Still a very comic accurate suit that didn’t look ridiculous like tdk Nolan suit. I think probably the third best Batman suit on film
Maybe, just maybe, they disagree.

There's literally financial proof that Snyder's DCEU related box office is good. You not liking him doesn't mean you can predict what would happen now, if anything there's more to say it would be great.

The bot argument is ridiculous.

I am a massive Zack Snyder fan. I think his DC stuff is the most unique, deep and interesting content that has spawned from comic books being adapted into movies and I love it to absolute bits. I also love other DC content, so I'm not 'only a Snyder fan', I just loved the story he was telling.

Even I disagree with this opinion about the DCU being DOA.

Sure, I think there are a larger amount of people that loved his stuff than people think or try to make people believe, but as soon as a reboot happens (the key is, it needs to be a FULL reboot), then most of the audience will move on. Maybe I won't, maybe I'm cool with the DC movies that I like and don't need any more unless they're Justice League 2 and 3 directed by Snyder. But that's just me. I'm not the person you have to get on board, you have to get the everyman to want to see these movies.

Any impact of Snyder is more overt when you look at a Flash movie going back in time to the first Snyder film! I never understood that decision- the people who love Man of Steel (the nostalgia you're preying on) don't want to watch a Flash movie that specifically exists to erase the version they loved from existence in the timeline. Bringing it back to this Batfleck suit- it's dreadful, and it makes you think about the BvS suit instead, and how cool that was. Snyder's absence is all over this movie due to its setting.

It won't be over the DCU stuff.

When Gunn's actual stuff starts, even if there's 'pushback' from massive Snyder fans like me, I think DC will be fine. The Flash bombing does not mean DC is dead, The Batman just made 770 million, Joker a billion. Those weren't Snyder movies and they did MORE than fine with the general populous. They weren't even Nolan movies.

In my opinion, their first priority has to be lowering budgets at the start of this universe. Makes their break-even points more manageable, and then you can work your way up to the huge blockbusters when you have garnered the support that makes that seem reasonable.
I also like other DC content too. I was into 66 Batman as a young kid. Had the toys. I watched Superman 78 and 2 on repeat even went to see Superman 3 in the cinema at 6 years old. Summer of 89 I was Batman crazy. I watched the tralier muliple times every day, collected the cards, spent all my money on them. I even liked Superman Returns.
Loved the Nolan trilogy and even have an encased DX19 on a Bat pod in my office at work. I watched Smallville and Arrow and a bit of Flash.

I think people find it easier to just label me a Snyder Fan only and say I don't like anything else DC because then I just have bad taste.

Gunns universe isn't a full reboot though is it, he has confirmed as much.

Maybe, just maybe, they disagree.

There's literally financial proof that Snyder's DCEU related box office is good. You not liking him doesn't mean you can predict what would happen now, if anything there's more to say it would be great.

The bot argument is ridiculous.
Lol I see u on Twitter aswell too. And what do you mean no proof? If they were financially successful we wouldn’t be where we are now. And no it’s not ridiculous it’s been proven many times they use bots to vote or spam silly hash tags. Come on now. You can disagree all you want but that doesn’t excuse harassment.

Lol I see u on Twitter aswell too. And what do you mean no proof? If they were financially successful we wouldn’t be where we are now. And no it’s not ridiculous it’s been proven many times they use bots to vote or spam silly hash tags. Come on now. You can disagree all you want but that doesn’t excuse harassment.
You said tank. The DCEU movies during his tenure had high box office. Why would they suddenly "tank" now? They didn't tank then.

It is ridiculous. There are bots everywhere on twitter. One of the trades that did a report on bots were found to have 25% of their own followers were actually bots. Even the academy spoke out against the accusation.

Who is getting harassed?

You said tank. The DCEU movies during his tenure had high box office. Why would they suddenly "tank" now? They didn't tank then.

It is ridiculous. There are bots everywhere on twitter. One of the trades that did a report on bots were found to have 25% of their own followers were actually bots. Even the academy spoke out against the accusation.

Who is getting harassed?
Nah they did tank. And they are tanking now so why would they not ? They weren’t doing the numbers they should had. Therefore they weren’t good profit for the studio. Why do you think we are in the mess we are in now? Civil war destroyed bvs. That’s sad.

Who is getting harassed? Lol. I see you on Twitter buddy. Just take a good look outside your bubble and you’ll see. But since you asked such a silly question I’ll give you three.
Robert Pattinson, Gunn, and the new Superman actor.
Come on the “notmybatman” stuff wasn’t that long ago that was last year 😂

Nah they did tank. And they are tanking now so why would they not ? They weren’t doing the numbers they should had. Therefore they weren’t good profit for the studio. Why do you think we are in the mess we are in now? Civil war destroyed bvs. That’s sad.

Who is getting harassed? Lol. I see you on Twitter buddy. Just take a good look outside your bubble and you’ll see. But since you asked such a silly question I’ll give you three.
Robert Pattinson, Gunn, and the new Superman actor.
Come on the “notmybatman” stuff wasn’t that long ago that was last year 😂
They didn't tank.
WB panicked.

Oh, the irony. The Batman and Gunn fans are just intolerable and toxic as the worst Snyder fans, I'm just not pretending the side I disagree with is worse to soothe my own ego. Look in the mirror and inspect your own bubble.

They didn't tank.
WB panicked.

Oh, the irony. The Batman and Gunn fans are just intolerable and toxic as the worst Snyder fans, I'm just not pretending the side I disagree with is worse to soothe my own ego. Look in the mirror and inspect your own bubble.
See how you put blame on others. Instead of just saying. O wow yea that’s messed up . Two wrongs don’t make a right. Maybe if you didn’t cry about some bland director everyday they wouldn’t be so toxic or harass actual people over silly movies. The hate you guys get is completely justified because of actions like this. Crazy how instead of saying “ yea that’s terrible” you’re just like . Well they are toxic too.
I advise you to take a step back and look in the mirror and say to yourself “ they are just movies “

Also no one is a huge Gunn fan lol. Does he even have a fanbase?

Last edited:
See how you put blame on others. Instead of just saying. O wow yea that’s messed up . Two wrongs don’t make a right. Maybe if you didn’t cry about some bland director everyday they wouldn’t be so toxic or harass actual people over silly movies. Crazy how instead of saying “ yea that’s terrible” you’re just like . Well they are toxic too.
I advise you to take a step back and look in the mirror and say to yourself “ they are just movies “
You called out one side of something multi-sided and then say I'm bad for suggesting it's not one-sided whilst attempting to gaslight me.

You try and take a position of authority with your "objective" opinions and when you are called on it you try a belittle the other person.

This is a geek forum where we basically discuss toys and movies every day, it's the whole point. Saying " they are just movies" after ranting about said movies incessantly for the last few years is a very poor way to argue your point.

You called out one side of something multi-sided and then say I'm bad for suggesting it's not one-sided whilst attempting to gaslight me.

You try and take a position of authority with your "objective" opinions and when you are called on it you try a belittle the other person.

This is a geek forum where we basically discuss toys and movies every day, it's the whole point. Saying " they are just movies" after ranting about said movies incessantly for the last few years is a very poor way to argue your point.
Cause I say Snyder bad your like “nuh uh”. Called on what? I didn’t belittle you. You just take things to personally when it comes to Snyder which is weird. Yea they are just movies but notice how you get when I dislike the movie you like. So again look in the mirror and say to yourself they are just films. It’s not that deep. Also yea if you are saying it’s ok to harass people just cause one side is doing it you’re just as bad as them . You have always had poor arguments.
You argue they are just movies but when ANYONE says anything you’re in your feelings. I honestly knew you’d reply as soon as I said my negative comment on Snyder

But I’m not gonna debate. And I have nothing against you at all personally. Nor am I saying you’re bad but I’m just saying the fan base is toxic. And yes I’m aware every fanbase is toxic but still it doesn’t mean anything

Last edited:
One thing I loved about The Batman was how it relied more on practical effects and suits than cgi. It's easier to take these movies less seriously when they literally look cartoons.
Hell yeah. That’s why I sometimes prefer seeing the behind the scenes and raw footage of Tom Cruise doing certain M:I stunts.

They can lose a bit of the visceral and realistic appeal after the cgi artists have polished them up and altered all the surrounding environment to the point that it may as well just all be cgi.

Yeah, it's a good thing all the "real" DC fans stepped in to support the Flash and Keaton Batman then isn't it.

They came out in force and clearly showed the Snyderverse minority how many real DC fans there are !

They pulled the movie out from theaters it was losing money and not a single person went to see it in it's second week. Lol I mean in all seriousness it had some good moments but ultimately I can see why not many cared for it and news is the director is doing JG Batman the brave and the bold so that might have some pretty bad CGI.

They pulled the movie out from theaters it was losing money and not a single person went to see it in it's second week. Lol I mean in all seriousness it had some good moments but ultimately I can see why not many cared for it and news is the director is doing JG Batman the brave and the bold so that might have some pretty bad CGI.
As far as I can see the company has zero money. These are the telltale signs,

1). Gunn was hired to be exec, to write, to direct and probably make coffee for Zaslav
2). Expensive actors like Cavill, Affleck and Gadot were taken out and replaced with young cheap no name actors
3). No huge slate of blockbuster movies announced. Only a couple and some cheaper TV stuff also with characters which no one asked for,
4). Bad CGI which wasn't fixed
5). Given the recent track record no investor will give their money going forward, so they will have even less to work with.

To me this is why Gunn's stuff will all fail miserably.

Say what you want but Star Power can be a real thing. Had they kept Cavill and done a Mon of Steel 2 I'm sure it would have done better than anything they currently have planned. That instills confidence and onward and upward we go.....

Back