1/6 Hot Toys - PPS002 - Iron Man Mk XXXV Red Snapper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, He is very limited in the pose area. This guys price tag is on the high side for what it is, but it sure
does look cool.

There is articulation in the arms, legs, and head, just the torso is locked. Its pretty good considering it is a Power Pose, compared to the Mk42 Power Pose which only had interchangeable parts.

We never got to see the circular halls in starks basement, I wonder if they are different than the normal 7. The big guys need a home too.

The concepts were shown around the net. It's not hard to imagine some of the bays were double width or double height, especially for Snapper and Igor.

marvel03.jpg

ironman3conceptart2.jpg

ironman3conceptart1.jpg

I think it wouldve been epic. A waste tho, the film made it like the Iron Legion would be like a surprise epic, but we knew they existed due to the trailers...

Exactly, lol. I would have loved it that when the rocks were removed and we see the hatch opening, that we would have gotten a view looking down and seeing all those bays lighting up, instead of seeing blackness-ish. That would have been a great scene.

Wish we could have seen those on the big screen.

I think it wouldve been epic. A waste tho, the film made it like the Iron Legion would be like a surprise epic, but we knew they existed due to the trailers...

I read a great quote from an interview with Shane Black concerning that. He always intended to hint at the Iron Legion but never show them till the reveal. At all. Ever. The idea was that Tony loses all the original armours and is left with the 42 which is not fully operational. The house is gone and the audience are supposed to think Tony will have no help.
So, Shane Black was still editing the movie when someone he knew called him and asked if he had seen the latest trailer. It contained all the suits from the House Party scene.
Shane Black was upset a little at Marvel for ruining that before the movie hit.
He was also flabbergasted that their promotion for the movie centred on all the different armours capabilities. He thought that was a dumb move on Marvel's part.
Although *normal* fans who just go and see a movie might not really care, Shane knew the diehards would be waiting the entire movie to see the forty armours.

I read a great quote from an interview with Shane Black concerning that. He always intended to hint at the Iron Legion but never show them till the reveal. At all. Ever. The idea was that Tony loses all the original armours and is left with the 42 which is not fully operational. The house is gone and the audience are supposed to think Tony will have no help.
So, Shane Black was still editing the movie when someone he knew called him and asked if he had seen the latest trailer. It contained all the suits from the House Party scene.
He was also flabbergasted that their promotion for the movie centred on all the different armours capabilities. He thought that was a dumb move on Marvel's part.
Although *normal* fans who just go and see a movie might not really care, Shane knew the diehards would be waiting the entire movie to see the forty armours.

Im glad Shane wasnt the one who thought of revealing all the suits. It would've been an easier viewing if i knew they werent coming

Im glad Shane wasnt the one who thought of revealing all the suits. It would've been an easier viewing if i knew they werent coming

There is even mention made in the commentary in the Bluray.
He mentioned his thoughts about what happened when he first saw reveals made by Marvel that he was upset they tipped their hand so early.

He mentioned his thoughts about what happened when he first saw reveals made by Marvel that he was upset they tipped their hand so early.

Im surprised they didnt ask Shane what to put in the trailer

That sucks that it got spoiled. I would have loved to been in the theatre thinking and saying the same things at the same time as Rhodey to my wife, lol. "is that?"...."are those?" Only instead of my wife saying what Stark did, she would have slapped me and said shut-up, lol. Thanks User!

I always thought trailers were supposed to give people just enough to make them see a movie WITHOUT giving away a big part of it. Marvel may have been not thinking clearly about spoiling it but rather what can they show to lure people to see it so they can get the most return on their investment? Showing that armor scene would certainly do it. Just guessing here, lol..

Back