1/6 Hot Toys - MMS632 - Spider-Man: No Way Home - Doc Ock Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It’ll still sell. Folks on IG seem to like it a lot so far. Guess they want a doc Ock so bad they’ll over the creepy hs. Hoped I wouldn’t see a day when we’d say “the ant-man sculpt is better” HT off to a great start kickin off their new year 🤦‍♂️

damn that face sculpt is pretty bad. I want this in my collection so bad but I’ve got a history of getting rid of figures with a terrible likeness.

z4ot4OW.jpg

This looks like a 4k upscale of a ****** McFarlane figure, but even then they have better headsculpts than this

It's an odd creative decision to go with this expression in the first place. I wonder if they started working on this from the first trailer that only had the one shot of Ock, since this appears to be trying to emulate the "Hello, Peter" scene.

Well, the good news is with all the complaints, HT might be embarrassed and announce that a new head will be designed for the final product. Like Tony Stark.

TW has him up. I think you had to add about $30 to $45 on first batch to match what SS sells him for:

Screenshot 2022-02-06 233521.jpg

$300 I will take for a Doc Ock.

Really strange looking... never realized Molina looked so dumb, grinning like that. He looks like a music producer in some bad 70's fantasy 'Tommy" like movie.

Keep your Toys Era, people. It's a classic now.

I think it looks like him, moreso with the glasses. Not perfect, could use more work, but on display with the glasses and tentacles all over the place it looks pretty badass.

Molina has a weird looking head, he looks like an eggplant face, so i’m not surprised the likeness is tricky to pull off.

Honestly, the secret base photos do make the sculpt look a lot better. That said the likeness is still very much off in a way that I doubt they can fix with minor adjustments. This might very well need a MK 85 treatment. I would love a HT Doc Ock figure but if this is what it’s going to look like in the end, I’ll have a much easier time holding off than I thought I would.

Not going to lie, this makes me all the more worried for the Dafoe sculpt.

Back