1/6 - Hot Toys: MMS481 - Avengers: Infinity War - Captain America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I knew it was coming, but seeing it in the promo photos has swayed me into pre-ordering the Movie Promo version.

movie promo, regular, blah idc. i just want my IW cap![emoji847]

(i have the movie promo preordered) [emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not surprised. It's an easy way out.

But if we give them the benefit of the doubt, there's a chance that scene wasn't planned to be shown early by Disney and as such it was a pseudo-spoiler for a time being. HT just abided by the laws they were set earlier on.

The answer is that neither needed to be a secret or treated as a spoiler... Revealing Stormbreaker with the Thor figure was by far a bigger spoiler than either of these.

The most disappointing part would be IF that the inclusion of these weapons means that they won't be making the Black Order, which is probably unlikely anyway knowing HT's history with secondary villains. But this seems like a "good enough" kind of move that HT has been increasingly resorting to lately when it comes to some releases.
Yeah was thinking the same. It's almost a certainty we won't be seeing Corvus now. Here's hoping we are proved wrong. 🤞

Sent from a point in space and time

You never know, they could be a convention exclusive or something. The movie has only made a googol dollars.

I wonder why two weapons that had no stake in the lot that go to two figures that will likely never be made... were the "mystery weapons"?

Probably some legal suits decided that they didn't want them revealed before the film, but seems kind of silly to me - nobody cares about a couple of spears, it wasn't like Loki's staff - which directly plays a big role in at least 3 MCU films, after all (unless the spear duo play some role in IW2, which honestly I kinda doubt).
I would usually agree that someone didn't want the weapons shown, but there was already a different Cap toy with proximas spear revealed awhile back, and it was in the damn trailer. So I don't know why that would apply for HT and nobody else.

And we've already seen Corvus' spear with his prototype figure and they're including what I assume is Corvus' spear with figuarts Cap... Cap holding it meant nothing to the movie so I think this was all HT... I highly doubt they were told not to reveal them when other companies were apparently not especially since they are nearly meaningless to begin with... IMO they just wanted to sell more of a basically barebones figure by building hype with "mystery weapons" and re-lableing it a "movie promo"... There should have been one version of Cap with no secrets.

Or like subzro said, something else was planned but scrapped. I doubt it though.

The weapons might have been something else at 1st and they changed it or it something that ended up cut from the film.

I would bet this is the case. Howard recently said they get source material up to a year in advance. And this figure was announced before the release of the film. The same could go for characters like the 2nd and 3rd level characters ( Crossbones, black order, okoye, etc ) being make a s prototypes and not go into production. We may not like it, but it doesn't surprise me at all that they never get made.

To each their own imo. I don't collect that way, but I can see why for instance some people like the lead hero vs lead villain in a shelf. Or something like justice league where people want the whole team or none at all. There's subjective ways to draw the "complete collection" line, but certainly i wouldn't fault people for thinking the justice league would be made in its entirety.

Wrong thread, I know, but is the entire JL roster not getting made?

If Hot Toys produced the likes of the Chitarri and Iron Legion. The Dark order deserves to be made...IMO

Why'd this get floated to the top again of their facebook page?

33740365_10155515869142344_5555228515894296576_o.jpg

Is this new...?

33784279_1691579704243964_1591245663310446592_o.jpg

The poor sales of the Chitauri and iron legion might be the reason they don't get made.

And the iron legion was an almost completely reused tooling figure. It’s mostly a plastic mk3 with a new head.

Happy to see these finally ( although we all pretty much knew what they would be )
The scene with Widow and Cap fighting Corvus and Proxima in Edinburgh is one of my favourite scenes in the movie so from a personal point of view I'm glad I ordered the movie promo edition, the fallen outrider to go on the base looks pretty cool too so plenty of display options...

I am hoping that they do the black order as well though, fingers crossed for SDCC ( but I'm not holding my breath )

Back